PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

ramanth
10-02-2003, 02:19 PM
To much info I'm sure.....

but...

I woke up this morning with a very tender right breast. :(

I'm sure it's nothing, but I called the doc's office and they want to see me at 9 a.m. sharp tomorrow.

:eek: I think that's the fastest that I've ever been in to see the doc. I was expecting to wait days... (more like weeks :rolleyes: )

So wish me luck.

I hate going to the doctors. :o

Cataholic
10-02-2003, 02:29 PM
OWIE! Now, Kim, as you know, there can be 100000000 million reasons why your breast might be tender, and NONE of them anything of any import! Please don't stress yourself silly, and make yourself sick over this.....

I will say a prayer for you tonight, and be looking for an update first thing tomorrow!

Hugs,
Johanna

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Kim ~

{{{Hugs}}} and *Prayers* that it's nuffin!

/s/ Phred

ramanth
10-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
OWIE! Now, Kim, as you know, there can be 100000000 million reasons why your breast might be tender, and NONE of them anything of any import! Please don't stress yourself silly, and make yourself sick over this.....
Thanks Johanna. :)

I'm not freaking out much. I just loathe being poked and prodded. ;) :mad: :p :D

I was nervous this morning but after talking to Andy's mom, who is a breast cancer survivor, I'm 99% positive that it's nothing.

Just the swiftness of that nurse wanting to schedule me asap, threw me for a loop. *laughs*

primabella
10-02-2003, 02:50 PM
I hope and am positive that it is nothing serious. You will be in my prayers though, just in case. :)

Samantha Puppy
10-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Good luck... I know how you feel about doctors, I have a phobia of them and doctors holding needles make me pass right out at the sight of them. So kudos to you for facing the music and going in. :) I'll be thinkin' of ya.

anna_66
10-02-2003, 03:08 PM
I don't blame you for hating to go to the drs, I do too. No fun:o
I'm sure it's nothing, but I too expect a report when you can;)

ChrisH
10-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Good luck Kimmy! I expect it is nothing to worry about and to me the swiftness of getting the appointment just shows they are doing a good job.

Now I am older I have to go for a mammogram on a regular basis and I hate it, especially waiting for the results (actually I am waiting on them from my last one, a couple of weeks ago). But even so, I am so glad that the facility is there for me.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Good luck, Kimmy! I'm sure it's nothing too, but I'm glad you at least had the initiative to call and make an appointment. Too many women would just blow this off as nothing, and find out too late that they should have made that appointment way back when it first started bothering them.

Good luck and yes, we expect a full report when you get back. :)

mugsy
10-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Being built like I am, pain kind of goes with the territory, so I understand. Good luck, you're on the prayer list for tonight. I'm sure it's nothing too, there are about a million different possibility and not very many negatives, so the odds are definitely on your side. FEEL THE GOOD VIBES FROM FORT WAYNE......

Cincy'sMom
10-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Good luck tomorrow Kimmy. We will be thinking of you.

tatsxxx11
10-02-2003, 05:00 PM
{{{HUGS}}} Kimmy!! I'll be thinking of you! I'm glad you got in so quckly so you can put your fears behind you! Check in when you can!

P.S...Often those of "us" with endo. also have fibrocystic breasts...sounds like that might be it.

Barbara
10-02-2003, 05:10 PM
I have a fibrocystic breast too and have been seeing the docs three times for "knots" -it was always ok. I keep my fingers crossed but feel you will be ok too:)

Heather Wallace
10-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Hope all goes well.

Miss Meow
10-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Good luck with your doctor's appointment. I'm glad you're getting in quickly to find out what's causing you pain, so you can be on the mend quickly :)

moosmom
10-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Kimmy,

Take it from someone who has Fibrocystic Disease, it's probably just a benign lump. But I will say a prayer for you. Do you have a history of breast cancer in your family? I've had so many lumps removed from my right boob, I've told the doctor that I'm having breast reduction surgery by the teaspoon!! :D

Hang in there and call me when you find out, okay??

Love you!!

Donna

ramanth
10-03-2003, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone!! :D

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
P.S...Often those of "us" with endo. also have fibrocystic breasts...sounds like that might be it.
BINGO!

Doc says that's likely what it is.

For people that don't know what that is... my little take home sheet says:
"Breasts that are 'fibrocystic' have an exaggerated response to the hormonal fluctuations of the menstrual cycle. After ovulation, 1-2 weeks before the period, the breast develop cysts, retain fluid, and enlarge. They may also become tender and sometiems very painful. The pain can radiate into the axilla (the armpit) or even into the shoulder area."

And there's your medical insight for the day. ;)

I'm such a hormonal mess from my Endo, being on this and that.... *bleah!* It's not even that time of the month for me and because of meds, it won't be for another 3 months! Oiy... oiy... (lol!!! Too much info.. I'm sure. sorry!)

No lumps from what she could tell. YAY!! :D But if the pain persists, she told me to come back.

Barbara and Donna... I do have some of those 'knots'. I always wondered what those were. Never hurt before. *stupid.. grrr endo... grrrr * ;) :D

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-03-2003, 09:20 AM
I'm very relieved to hear that you are OK. Best wishes that the pain stops soon--

anna_66
10-03-2003, 09:24 AM
Glad to hear all is fine!

I do hope that the pain goes away soon though:D

Logan
10-03-2003, 09:40 AM
I'm so happy for your good report, just sorry you had pain, Kim! I have the exact same problem and completely understand your worry and concern!!!!!

zippy-kat
10-03-2003, 09:48 AM
So glad it turned out to be 'nothing' Kimmy!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Glad to hear it was nothing, but also glad you had it checked out. :)