PDA

View Full Version : Lost cat sign

rosethecopycat
10-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Well we've all seen them... Lost cat on a sign.

But, on Monday night my husband, Chris, thought he saw the Orangie that was described on the sign. So out we went at 1:30 am with food, flashlight and carrier.
But, after 1/2 hour searching, no orangie.

The lost cat sign was now gone, it had been a couple weeks. So I thought, we need to put up our own sign:
Orange Cat Sighting.
And we put our phone # on it.

The man called and said DaVinci was declawed : ( and had been outside for a couple weeks now.

I told him we may have sighted his cat, and a lot of recoveries start with 'sightings'

Through the things I've learned on Cat Talk, and through the Siamese Rescue group, I told the man, who was very receptive, some things that might bring his cat home. ( you all had a part in this, in a way)
I suggested putting a article with the cat's scent on the porch, as well as an article of his clothing and some food. I suggested he get a trap and go to the area of the sighting. I told him cats sometimes follow a prowling circuit at night. And if he can't find his home, it's because he can't smell it.
The man hadn't tried much of anything except yelling for him. I said that he might be scared and not come to you.
I offered more help if he needed it. But got a call 5 hours later,

DaVinci was home!

:D :D :D

One of my adopters, who adopted Tira, had his 9 year Meezer show up right before they made the trip to FL to get Tira! Jannu, had been outside for over a month.
I had asked him: What are you going to do when Jannu comes home? And he had little hope of that. I said: They DO come home, skinny but they come.

Happy reunions!

Don't give up hope on your lost ones! (right, Donna?)

:p

carole
10-01-2003, 10:26 PM
what a lovely inspiring story with such a bright happy ending, it will indeed give those with lost pets out there a glimmer of hope. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.:)

moosmom
10-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Absolutely Rose!!! I look at Eli every single day and am amazed that he was around the building the whole time. I'm so glad that you were able to help the poor man out. I'm sure he was VERY happy to get his cat back!! I love happy endings!

Great job!

momofcats
10-03-2003, 08:07 AM
I am always amazed at the length I hear cats travel.
I know of a couple that moved miles, a few towns over and their inside/outside cats went back to their old house. Successfully thank God, but that ability amazes me.

Because of that "homing" ability, a friend of mine who took care of a feral cat for 8 years in Chicago trapped it and took it with when she moved to the suburbs. Now the cat is living in her house and getting the best care money can buy:)
She didn't want to risk the next owner harming the cat, she didn't want to risk letting the cat outside at the new house and him trying to get back to Chicago so for the last year plus he has adapted to being a kept inside cat.:) Can't say it has been a smooth transition but it is working.

zippy-kat
10-03-2003, 09:22 AM
What wonderful, wonderful stories! Here's to many more!! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-06-2003, 01:59 PM
That's great news!

Guys, please keep Patches in your prayers. It's been over a month, but I haven't stopped hoping she'll come home!

Thanks.

carole
10-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Tons and Tons of positive vibes coming your way Aly, for patches safe return, COME HOME PATCHES, everyone misses you.