PDA

View Full Version : More sad news

Cincy'sMom
10-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Please keep my friend and her family in your thoughts. I typed out the whole story earlier, but ti took me so long, that I was logged off when I submitted it.

So, long story short, she was dog sitting for her in-laws and one of her dogs, attacked one of her in-laws. She was taken to the vet for stiches and kept for observation overnight. After returning "home" Tuesday, she went into shock. She was returned to the vet and put on IV, but sadly did not make it. Marty was a 5 yr old Scottish Terrier.

My friend now has to deal with the guilt of this (even though the dogs were supervised when it happen, and seperated as quickly as possible), has to tell her in-laws about the loss of their dog, and must now decide the fate of her own dog (this is not the dog's first aggressive display).

The story is much more detailed, but for know, i just ask you to keep all involved in your thoughts.

Rest in Peace Marty. You join many other beloved animals, eomping and playing together.

mugsy
10-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Amy,

Please pass on our condolences. Having had to deal with it ourselves, Mike and I totally understand the horrible decisions that have to be made.

RIP Marty. :(

sabies
10-01-2003, 10:14 PM
So sorry to hear about that. My thoughts are with your friend.

gini
10-01-2003, 10:30 PM
This board is on the heavy side this evening with sadness.

I am so sorry for your friend and her in-laws - a losing situation all the way around.

A prayer for everyone will be offered.

shais_mom
10-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Your friends will be in my thoughts and prayers Amy.
:(

Aspen and Misty
10-02-2003, 06:36 AM
O no! I'm keeping your friend and her in-laws in my paryers.

Ash

anna_66
10-02-2003, 07:04 AM
How terrible:( I can't imagine how your friend feels.
I will keep both parties in my prayers.
RIP Marty

ChrisH
10-02-2003, 08:10 AM
How awful. :( I will keep you friend and her in-laws in my prayers.

Rest in Peace Marty.:(

pitc9
10-02-2003, 08:43 AM
I can't imagine how hard this has to be for her. She will be in my prayers!

cloverfdx
10-02-2003, 08:45 AM
my thoughts and prayers are on the way for all involved :(

RIP Marty :(

ramanth
10-02-2003, 09:01 AM
Thoughts and prayers for them. :(

tatsxxx11
10-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Oh, Amy...what a tragic situation:( My deep sympathies to your friend on the the loss of her pup:(:( She must be devastated. 'm sure her mother in law is feeling davastated as well. And now she must consider the fate of her own dog. How very sad.:(

Sudilar
10-02-2003, 07:07 PM
How devastating. RIP, Marty.

When attacks happen, there is sometimes nothing you can do about it. One foster removed part of the ear of the home dog at our rescue. Shiloh and Bandit (my foster) would have had it out had I not saw the warning signs....

So very sorry for all involved. My heart goes out to them.

4 Dog Mother
10-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Amy, how terribly sad!:( Thoughts and prayers going to your friend and her in-laws.

RIP Marty!

Logan
10-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Amy, what your friend experienced is hoorrible. I hope that her inlaws will be understanding. Surely they will.

Keep us posted. They are all in our prayers.

Logan

lizbud
10-02-2003, 08:51 PM
What a sad thing to happen. I am so sorry for Marty.:(

Everyone involved must feel terrible about what happened.
I will keep them all in my prayers. So sorry.:(

dukedogsmom
10-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Such sad news. I hope they will be alright. If I heard correctly the other day, Florida has a new bite law. One bite and they have to be put down. I think that's highly unfair but I'm being extra careful with Duke, just in case. I'll bet the in laws feel horrible.

wolf_Q
10-02-2003, 11:19 PM
What a sad situation. :( Prayers to all involved. :(