PDA

View Full Version : For those keeping up with my Aunt Nancy's Battle

zippy-kat
10-01-2003, 08:30 PM
I ask you now to pray harder than ever.

Nancy was admitted to the hospital last night. She is vomitting green fluids every time she moves; they've now had to replace her stomach tubes twice as her vomitting has caused them to shift. Also, every 2 hrs they are giving her the strongest painkillers possible.

She received a cat scan last night and won't tell anyone what the doctor told her, only that, "It's bad."

Please pray for her husband (and animals) and of course, for Nancy, too. Perhaps, rest and a new pain-free body is waiting for her.

:(

Karen
10-01-2003, 08:31 PM
In our prayers.

Pam
10-01-2003, 08:36 PM
Mine too Tonya. I am so sorry to read this. :(

popcornbird
10-01-2003, 08:41 PM
How very sad news. :(:(:( Will be keeping your auntie in my prayers.

:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-01-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Tonya. Even though you know the end is near, that doesn't make it any easier.

We'll be praying she finds that pain free body without too much pain and anguish to the one she has now. And we'll also be praying for you and the rest of the family too, to help you through such a tough time. :(

lizbud
10-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Zippy,

I am so very sorry to hear this. :( It is so heartbreaking to
know a good and well loved lady is in such pain. I pray that
God in his infinite mercy will grant her peace & comfort. You
and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. {{HUGS}}
to you Tonya. Liz.

luckies4me
10-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I am so sorry to hear this news Tonya. May she feel better soon. :(

gini
10-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Tonya, with tears in my eyes, I write this. You have talked about your dear aunt a lot, so I almost feel as though I know her.

I am so very sorry to hear the latest news and I can imagine how upset everyone in your family must be.

I will light a candle in prayer this evening for Aunt Nancy.

I pray that God will hold Aunt Nancy close to Him - especially now.

shais_mom
10-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Love and Prayers on the way for Aunt Nancy and her family and of course yours. You know where I am if you need anything.:(

Miss Meow
10-02-2003, 12:12 AM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear that your aunt's condition is worsening. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Vio&Juni
10-02-2003, 05:24 AM
Sorry to hear this.

Cookiebaker
10-02-2003, 06:21 AM
Aunt Nancy will definitely be in our prayers. It's so hard to watch a loved one suffer. :(

anna_66
10-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Sorry to hear she's doing so much worse Tonya. I will be keeping you all in my prayers.

cloverfdx
10-02-2003, 09:30 AM
i will be keeping your Aunt Nancy and all you family in my thoughts and prayers Tonya.

lovemyshiba
10-02-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Tonya.
I will be keeping her and your family in my prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Hi God ~

We need sum Sheshul Help fur that Lovely Lady we nebber got to meet,
cept thru Zippy's posts... Aunt Nancy...

She's havin a ruff tyme down here onna Big Durt Ball, not feelin so hot,
an havin sum pain...

So she's thinkin bout takin a Trip up to see You, an allua FurKids,
up there at Heaven anna Rainbow Bridge...

Could You round up summa the Angels - our GranMom would luv ta be included;
ana bunch of Your FurKids - Lady, Casey, Arrow, Shadow, Furst Kat Fred ~
Ask em to be ready to Welcome Aunt Nancy at da Bridge.
Big Welcome Home Partee mite be nice.

An whilst You're gettin ebberthin reddy for her;
Would You Reech Down wiffa GodsPaws an Hold Her, an Unka Hubby, REEL TITE,
an let em know How Much You Luv em?

Please spare her any more pain an sufferin.
An iffin You could sneek em in -
How bout fixin up a Visit inna hoppsbittle so She can see her FurKids?
Be big Cumfort to Her.

Please tell Aunt Nancy we're all Prayin for Her!

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups.

ChrisH
10-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Oh, Tonya, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be keeping your Aunt Nancy and you all in my prayers.

ramanth
10-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Lots of prayers and hugs on the way.

slick
10-02-2003, 11:35 AM
With all the sadness I don't feel like going to Dick's Place today. Too much heartache. Zippy, please know that you, Aunt Nancy, and your family members will be in my thoughts as I work through this day. Hugs to you and remember the good times. Will you get a chance to visit??

Cataholic
10-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Zippy, I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for Aunt Nancy, and the family at this very difficult time.

zippy-kat
10-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Ya know what, Slick? I haven't seen Aunt Nancy since I was umm... well, it was for my Grandmother's Funeral and I was in 1st grade. (I remember we traveled with my ol' Tom cat and Aunt Nancy made over him! Made me so proud!) However, Nancy and Mom chatted weekly on the telephone so I got to talk to her then.

Nancy lives in Maryland and I in NM, so it's doubtful I'll get to visit. Mom and my sister were able to see her this past summer; I couldn't get off work or I'd have gone too. :(

Haven't heard anything as of yet.
Thank you all for your prayers.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Awww, Tonya. (((HUGS)))
Father, if it's your will that Nancy join you, please ease her over with no more pain. Let her take all her familie's love with her and be greated by lots of loving family and friends, human and non human, when she gets home to you. Please wrap your arms around the ones left behind too.

tatsxxx11
10-02-2003, 02:06 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear this Tonya:( My most heartfelt prayers are being said for Nancy, her husband, her family and of course her animals:(:( {{{HUGS}}}

slick
10-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Oh MOFF what a beautiful prayer. I have no words to add. Today I feel so sad, I just can't bear to go to the Thursday party.

Tonya: It must really hard living so far away when a loved one is sick. I'm blessed because all of my family is within a 20 min drive from me. Hugs to you.

Chinadoll
10-02-2003, 04:09 PM
So sorry about your Auntie. She's in my prayers.

mugsy
10-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Cinder and Smoke, you made me cry with your beautiful prayer. Tonya, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

RICHARD
10-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Prayers for your aunt, you and your family.

Logan
10-02-2003, 07:18 PM
Tonya,
I have followed your Aunt Nancy's story and I am so sorry to read this update. Of course, we were all in hopes that Aunt Nancy and so many others would get past this horrible disease. I have an aunt, the father of my best friend, a good friend and several others that I am closely aquainted with, who are also suffering with cancer. It affects so many.
My prayer is that your Aunt Nancy won't suffer any more. If it is
God's will that she get through this, then we will all dance in the streets! But we will also rejoice if she joins so many others with God, as she will be painfree.
You keep us posted, and if you need anything, a chat, an email, anything, you let us know.
Logan

Sudilar
10-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Tonya, so very sorry to hear about Aunt Nancy. My prayers are with her, you and her family. Hugs to all.

Felicia's Mom
10-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Your Aunt Nancy and family are in my prayers.

zippy-kat
10-02-2003, 10:03 PM
My mom (briefly) talked with Nancy's husband tonight. Before he had to go, he told us that Nancy is still vomitting profusely and the scan determined that it is the cancer causing her pain. (Personally, I think that was a no-brainer.) They gave her chemo again.

She will not share what the doctors told her and the doctors (for whatever reason) will not even tell her hubby the news. He is really shaken up and hard to talk to--so not sure if Nancy told the docs not to tell him or if there's some sort of rule/law/code of ethics that they CAN'T tell him. :(

wolf_Q
10-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Tonya, sorry to hear about the bad news with your aunt. Your family will be in my prayers. :(

Rachel
10-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Cinder and Smoke's and Connie's prayers are mine as well.

Tonya, this has been such a long and hard battle your Aunt Nancy has fought. Your love and caring for her has been demonstrated here. It is so hard to comprehend this kind of suffering. Whatever Nancy's reasons are for not sharing the extent of what the doctor told her, it is the one thing over which she still maintains control.

Pam
10-03-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
He is really shaken up and hard to talk to--so not sure if Nancy told the docs not to tell him or if there's some sort of rule/law/code of ethics that they CAN'T tell him. :(

Tonya, I work for a doctor and can tell you that with the advent of the new privacy laws no one is able to say anything about a patient any more. You wouldn't believe the lengths that doctors' offices have to go to these days, because of these laws. I am thinking, though, that there must be another reason here because your Aunt Nancy's situation certainly falls into a different category and obviously as the husband of the patient he should be kept informed. It is my feeling that Nancy may be wanting to spare him the details and has instructed the doctors accordingly. She still remains in my prayers.

PS - I am wondering why they continue to put her through chemo. I know it's none of my business but it just seems like an added cruelty at this point.

Sudilar
10-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Continued prayers for Aunt Nancy. This is so sad. But I still pray for that miracle.

zippy-kat
10-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Pam
It is my feeling that Nancy may be wanting to spare him the details and has instructed the doctors accordingly. She still remains in my prayers.

PS - I am wondering why they continue to put her through chemo. I know it's none of my business but it just seems like an added cruelty at this point.

Pam, Rachel -- my thoughts on this are similar to your's. As I told Gini last night, if you knew you had only 48 hr to live (and that is just a figure I pulled out of my head), would you tell your family? And if you did tell, wouldn't they mourn prematurely thus taking away from the 'right now'? At this point, I say the 'right now' is what matters.

She still has alot of fight (and faith!) left in her...she may have given the go-ahead and/or suggestion for the chemo. Guys, throughout this ordeal she has never asked 'why', but rather 'for strength to cope.' She has never whined or sought sympathy and, to my knowledge, has only cried over it once...and that was more out of frustration (one of her dogs got out, no one -save her- was home. She couldn't catch him plus the oxygen machine she had to tote, scared him further). She has handled this afliction with such grace that I am in awe. Absolute awe.

It's so frustrating as her mind/faith isn't ready to give up, yet her body is failing fast. :(

I have cried my eyes out over this situation. It's more because of the pain she is experiencing than the althernative. It's just not fair.

Logan
10-03-2003, 10:07 AM
She sounds like a wonderful, well grounded woman, Tonya, and I'm glad that she has the spirit to fight this thing to the very end. I assume that if they are giving chemo treatments, it is because she gave them the ok to do it.

Please let your Aunt Nancy know that there are prayer warriors out here, praying for every day.

Logan