PDA

View Full Version : Chance and Me

dukedogsmom
10-01-2003, 06:51 PM
I visited Chance today and boy was he feeling good! Was hard to get many pics of him and he was in one of his wiggly moods. I found out the Puppy Chow I bought him wasn't too good(mostly corn) which I didn't know. I got him some good food today and hopefully he'll start putting on some weight now. Here he is barking at one of those little windmill things that you put in the garden. He was also barking at the plastic swimming pool. His bark is really low. Sounds like a huge dog. Was really funny. Notice his hair standing up down the middle of his back.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/chance1_1.jpg
And here he is watching another dog leave the day care. I can't wait until he finds a good home. I'm sure he's kind of confused as to why he doesn't get to leave with me.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/chance2_2.jpg
And here we are together. I'm not the most photogenic person but I thought everyone would like to know who they are talking to.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/mechance1_1.jpg

Uabassoon
10-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Those are great pictures! Chance looks great, he looks like a totally different dog! Thanks for the update, I always wonder about him and how he's doing.

lizbud
10-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Oh thanks for the update on Chance. I've been thinking about
him lately & wondered how he was doing.:) He looks like he's
fascinated with all the stuff outside the caged area. Do you get
to take him for walks when you visit? I'll bet he would love a
chance to walk around with you a bit. The barking at things
reminded me of what Smokey would do if he spotted something
interesting & wanted to check it out by giving "it" the sniff
test.:D He looks so healthy. :) Give him a hug from me please.:)

stacwase
10-01-2003, 08:56 PM
He looks great! You said you need to put some weight on him - he doesn't look underweight to me, he looks perfect. He doesn't have any bones sticking out, and I can't see his ribs. He looks like a beautiful, healthy dog!

Cincy'sMom
10-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Chance is looking wonderful!!! He sure is lucky to have you looking out for him!!

Bandit's mom
10-01-2003, 10:24 PM
Hi I'm Bandit's mom and I think Chance is beautiful. I don't know much about Chance. Also is he a Rodesian Ridgeback?:confused:

sabies
10-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Chance looks so healthy and strong. Glad to see him like that!

anna_66
10-02-2003, 07:29 AM
Glad Chance is doing so well and what wonderful pictures! I expecially love the one of you and him:D
I hope he does find a good family soon.

Dakota's Mommy
10-02-2003, 11:12 AM
So glad to hear he's doing better! Thanks for the update!

tatsxxx11
10-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Chance looks wonderful, Valerie!!! What a beautiful pair you make!:) Even if he doesn't need to gain much more weight, the better quaility food will do him good in so many other ways!:) I'm sure it's hard for Chance to see you leave after your visits:( I can't wait till his adoption day...I'll bet he gets scooped up in a flash!! Give him a hug next time you see him!!:)

Kfamr
10-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Oh dear! Chance is darling!

Do you think there would be an chance of you bringing Chance when you guys come to the meeting? :p :D

ramanth
10-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Awww Chance is darling! Thanks so much for the update and pics. You two look cute together. :)

primabella
10-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Thank you for sharing yourself with us. :D ;)

Chance is adorable! But he looks like he won't sit still for anything!

Bandit's mom
10-05-2003, 01:13 PM
I never got a reply about what breed of dog Chance is. Is Chance dukedogsmom's dog? Does that make sense?:confused: :confused: :confused: Chance is a beautiful dog.

tatsxxx11
10-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Chance is a dog that was in a shelter, badly abused and injured from burns. Valerie (Dukedogsmom) "pulled" him from a shelter and is boarding him at a kennel until he is healed and well enough to attend a private rescue group's adoption day!:) He's doing great! I'll find the thread and post the link to the story of Chance!:)Chance (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32702&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

dukedogsmom
10-05-2003, 02:58 PM
The people at the doggy day care think he is black mouthed Curr but I was wondering if he does have some Rhodesian Ridgeback in him as well. Really looks like it in that first pic.

lizbud
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
dogdukesmom,

I think he's more likely Rhodesian Ridgeback than he is a Hog
Dog. He doesn't look like a hunting dog to me. Maybe a common
mix like Shep/Lab or Shep/ Ridgeback. I see he likes to stand
with both back feet wide apart like Smokey does.:D