PDA

View Full Version : Look At This Beauty (baby snake pics)

Desert Arabian
10-01-2003, 06:36 PM
Look what I stumbled upon doing my favorite hobby (looking for snakes, lizards, and other cool reptiles and amphibians) a baby Corn Snake. I believe it is a baby corn snake, but it also looks like a Milk Snake in a way. It's just a little baby, here are three pictures, I have around 20 or so, but these 3 are the best ones.

*Notice the PERFECT shaped heart on it's head!!*

http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/milksnake.JPG
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/milksnake1.JPG
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/milksnake3.JPG

Aint it purdy!!!!!!!

Since I am some what bored, I am going to make a list of other reptiles I have caught, viewed, or saved (turtles) in the wild.

SNAKES:
Smooth Green Snake
Garter Snake
Pine Snake/Bullsnake
Rat Snake

I heard but never saw: Timber Rattlesnake

LIZARDS:
Northern Prairie Lizard
Five-lined Skinks- they live in our cottage porch

TURTLES:
Snapping Turtle
Blanding's Turtle
Spiny Softshelled Turtle
Ornate Box Turtle
Painted Turtle

luckies4me
10-01-2003, 07:37 PM
WOW! He is so pretty!!!! I am getting a few corns at the Unique Animal Expo later this month, and if I am lucky, an albino hognose! :D

He does look like a corn snake though. I didn't know you could find them in the wild like that. That's so neat. :) But you could be right about it being a milk snake. I don't know much about the snakes, only the ones I have had in the past, and am still reseraching corns and hognoses.

I find snakes at my house almost every day. My favorite that I ever caught (to look at) was a gopher. He was awesome.

Desert Arabian
10-01-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I find snakes at my house almost every day. My favorite that I ever caught (to look at) was a gopher. He was awesome.

There is a place near my house called Horicon Marsh. It is rather famous amungs bird enhusists, and conservation orgianzations. Anyhow, you should see this place in the fall, right about this time. I have never seen this many snakes in one area at a time. They are all moving around getting ready for hibernation, you have to watch every step to take to make sure you don't step on one. It's amazing.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-01-2003, 08:54 PM
What a beautiful snake! :eek: He's so pretty! :D
When I first read the word "Milk Snake" I thought it said "Milkshake". :o LOL

popcornbird
10-01-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm not a snake person at all........in fact, they creep me :o, but this snake's markings are really nice! The heart is just PERFECT! :eek::eek:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Aww.... so cute! *steals him*

I love the heart on his/her head! That's really cool.

binka_nugget
10-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Wow! What a gorgeous snake! I'm not a snake person AT ALL but seeing this little fellow makes me want to be there in person to give him some kissies! lol

ramanth
10-02-2003, 09:27 AM
What a cutie! :D

green_chameleon_girl
10-04-2003, 10:06 PM
if I could i would go rescue them all from the pet store:D

Tonya
10-04-2003, 11:35 PM
He's pretty. You caught him in the wild? That's pretty cool, we don't have any snakes around here.