PDA

View Full Version : Electric blankets!!???

feeling frisky
10-01-2003, 02:50 PM
I have always had electric blankets on our bed.Corbyn and Chloe love it.But now with Billy i have noticed he want to "make bread" and I am nervous. Lets hear some feed back please. It is not on high but still I know.. My husband does'nt put off alot of heat at nite so me and the cats all snuggle together!!

jenluckenbach
10-01-2003, 03:06 PM
Billy probably just LOVES it. (I call them HAPPY FEET when they "make bread") I do not keep electric blankets on the bed (14 cats is enough heat, thank you very much), but I use one when I sit in my chair in the living room and the cats really love the warmth. Cats that would not be caught dead sitting on your lap will all of a sudden say "OOOOO, let's go sit on mama!" The only thing I worry about is that they might chew the cord, so I do not let it unsupervised.

Desert Arabian
10-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Sam LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES my electric blanket! He sleeps with me under it, lays on top of it, makes biscuits on it, plays on it-HE LOVES IT!

I don't leave it on 24/7, seeing how it is a huge fire hazard, but towards my bedtime, I put in on so it will be nice and hot before I crawl into bed- and that's when Sam enjoys it.

:D

(Sam is the kitty in my sig....)

feeling frisky
10-01-2003, 03:21 PM
GOOD ADVICE!!!:D :) :) Even with the eletric blanket my Corbyn will sleep under the blanket half way through the nite. Thats when it gets turned off or down. You know I have to unplugg it when we do not use it. I have come home and it is on>!? I know I shut it off but ... I wonder if they have figured how to turn on?!

jenluckenbach
10-01-2003, 03:38 PM
I wonder if they have figured how to turn on?!
Oh yes, they did!;)

jazzcat
10-01-2003, 03:45 PM
I didn't use my electric blanket last winter because it was our first winter with Jazz and she really loves to "make biscuits" on any blanket. I was so afraid she would put a claw through a coil and shock herself. Anyone else worry about that happening?

feeling frisky
10-01-2003, 03:49 PM
I do!!!

jenluckenbach
10-01-2003, 03:50 PM
NO. Keep the claws clipped close and unless you REALLY feel her DIG her claws in when she paw-paws, I wouldn't worry.

Miss Meow
10-01-2003, 05:46 PM
We have an electric blanket and the cats worship it :) If one of us forgets to turn our side off, we come home to all the cats asleep on the warmer side of the bed - they know!

moosmom
10-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Electric blankets make me nervous. When I was a firefighter I saw a couple of fires started by old electric blankets that shorted. It's scary. I'd rather buy a down comforter. It really does the trick. Although I also have my hot flashes and MooShoo to keep me warm :D

Fuzzy317
10-01-2003, 07:13 PM
We found that an electric mattress pad was better for our situation. They make the whole bed warm, not just whats under the blanket (with a electric blanket, you dont get heat for your head, unless you sleep under the covers:)) We also felt the blanket we slept under was a buffer between the electric pad and the cats "making biscuits". :)

jazzcat
10-02-2003, 12:19 AM
Ahh, electric mattress pad, that would solve my 'biscuit making' problems.

Now I can have warm biscuits, LOL!!:D

catmandu
10-02-2003, 09:54 AM
The Cats all sleep curled together , so no Eletric Blankets are neccessary! When you are beside the Moose and JJJ3 , you dont need more Heat!

RICHARD
10-07-2003, 05:28 PM
No electric blankets....

Eddie and I are conservationists....:rolleyes:

slick
10-07-2003, 06:43 PM
No electric blankets here either. I get too hot, in fact I have been called a furnace in the past.