PDA

View Full Version : An Important Number to Keep by the Phone

Snowy's Mommy
08-13-2001, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

I think it is important to keep the ASPCA ANIMAL POISON CONTROL number by the phone, in case (God Forbid!) you may need it:

888-426-4435

I keep the police, fire, etc. numbers by my phone and this is extremely important as well.

Thanks,

Jordan

jackiesdaisy1935
08-13-2001, 12:41 PM
That's a great idea Jordan, and also a reminder to keep a placard in your window for the fire or police department telling them that you have pets inside and how many. We have one in our window but I don't know where my husband got it from. Maybe Phred would know if the fire department have them or not or who does have them.
Jackie

I did find a place that you can get a safety kit including the placard to put in the window, you have to fill a little questionaire and they will send the safety kit. They are free. Look under promotions.
http://www.purinaone.com/home.asp

p.s. There is a contest to write a short story about your dog or cat and the prize is
dog or cat food for a year.

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

08-13-2001, 01:36 PM
Wow! Thanks guys! I always wondered what would happen if we weren't home and a fire broke out. We have a very small house and a doggie door so there really wasn't much of chance that they wouldn't know about the 3 dogs but now I can be sure! Thanks for posting this info :D! Big Help!!!

Snowy's Mommy
08-13-2001, 01:41 PM
Sure! I have gotten so much useful information from this site!! ;) :D :)

tatsxxx11
08-14-2001, 04:39 PM
I too keep the animal poison control # close at hand on the refrig., and actually had to use it recently when my dog ate some berries and started vomiting. Just a word of caution. There is a 35.00 charge per call (not that THAT would stop me from calling!) BUT, I was SO frantic, and they kept me on hold for several minutes while they first took my name, credit card # and checked to see if it cleared! Sometimes, minutes count! I also called my vet to double check the hot line's conclusion. They said they refer to the same "animal poison control reference manual" that the hot line does in emergency cases, and I might consider calling them first when their office is open. Always good to have back up; both ways!

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]