jonza
10-01-2003, 11:44 AM
http://petoftheday.com/online/randi/PTReport1.jpg

jonza
10-01-2003, 11:45 AM
http://petoftheday.com/online/randi/PTReport2.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
10-01-2003, 11:57 AM
As a delegate, I can assure one and all that Pet Talk Confidential has captured the essence of this ground breaking conference!

And don't forget the unamimously elected theme song of the conference...."What the world needs now, is food and beer, not just for one, but for everyone!"

catland
10-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Great final edition! Now You'all need to polka on over to Thursday's in the Doghouse where we're celebrating Octoberfest. Looks like all of you are already off to a great head start on the rest of us.

:D

lbaker
10-01-2003, 12:56 PM
... and bring the band with you! Great final edition. The meeting was certainly an inspiration for more, more & more (world meetings of course, not just the beer & food).

Barbara
10-01-2003, 01:02 PM
We definitely agree that for the next meeting we have to follow the rules of the country so when we're in Rome......

we'll be happy to use some wine to save the water:D

One more phrase like this and I see us in the doghouse

Kfamr
10-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Beer drinking, sick.:( :p :rolleyes: :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
As a delegate, I can assure one and all that Pet Talk Confidential has captured the essence of this ground breaking conference!

And from what I can gather then, the essence of this historic summit was - eat, drink and be merry? Sounds good to me! :D

Hopefully this won't be the final edition though. Hopefully there's just a temporary lull before the next issue is published....say......next summer some time when the delegates all convene in the worldly city of Chicago???? ;) :D

Killearn Kitties
10-01-2003, 03:38 PM
It looks absolutely excellent! I'm so jealous. T&P's Mom - well I've always wanted to see Chicago ... :D

ramanth
10-01-2003, 03:42 PM
:D Awesome. *raises a Guiness*

delidog
10-01-2003, 04:48 PM
I've been eagerly awaiting Every Issue!!!
Looks like all had Such a Wonderful Time!!!!!!!
Good Food,Good Drink,Good Music,Good Landscape and Good Friends!!!!
What more could you ask for?!?!?

popcornbird
10-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Yup. :p

Vio&Juni
10-02-2003, 05:11 AM
I was thinking that a good idea for a next PT meeting would be Moldova - wine festival in my mind now. Our wine festival starts on October 14 (this year October 11) and ends when people get sober again (he-he-he), so it DOES last :D . Maybe we can do it next year, what do you think? And don't worry, we have oompa-oompa bands too if necessary :)

Check this (http://www.turism.md/eng) if you want to know more about the festival and Moldova.

Killearn Kitties
10-02-2003, 05:32 AM
I'm going to be in Romania this weekend - pity it's just a bit too early for the Wine Festival in Moldova! To see beautiful Juni rolling on her fleecy cushion would have been worth the trip all on its own!!

lbaker
10-02-2003, 07:12 AM
Kfamr & Popcornbird, no one is forcing beer on you. If you don't like it don't drink it .. some people don't like Pepsi and some can't drink milk .. so what :confused: :rolleyes:

anna_66
10-02-2003, 07:35 AM
Looks like a great time for one & all:D

Vio&Juni
10-02-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
I'm going to be in Roumania this weekend - pity it's just a bit too early for the Wine Festival in Moldova! To see beautiful Juni rolling on her fleecy cushion would have been worth the trip all on its own!!
Where in Romania? Even if it is early for the wine festival, Chisinau is very nice this time of the year. I would be happy to meet you :)

gini
10-02-2003, 09:33 AM
The FINAL edition? Oh NO! Well, I am sure the correspondent needs a rest - and of course, the delegates need to write up their reports on this conference.

I highly recommend that you drop into Richard's today, he will be glad to fill your glass with ice cold beer. And I know he always has a bottle or two of excellent wine for those who don't care for beer.

Perhaps there is another world event that will inspire our correspondent to prepare another edition - and soon!

Excellent reporting!

jonza
10-02-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Whoooops!

Is it just me, or do I detect a certain lack of TOLERANCE? :eek:

Cataholic
10-02-2003, 12:37 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't let this be the final edition of PTC! It is my ONLY source for news!:D

Kfamr
10-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Kfamr & Popcornbird, no one is forcing beer on you. If you don't like it don't drink it .. some people don't like Pepsi and some can't drink milk .. so what :confused: :rolleyes:

I never said someone was forcing on me, did I? I said sick. In which, I think it is. I don't like it, and I don't drink it. Not just the fact that I just don't like it, but, I'm also underage. :p I don't like Pepsi or milk either. I said Sick. So what? :rolleyes: :confused:

Kfamr
10-02-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by jonza
Whoooops!

Is it just me, or do I detect a certain lack of TOLERANCE? :eek:

Whoooops! :rolleyes:

I don't see it. I was joking around in the first place.

I can't stand beer, I can't stand what it does to people. I think it is SICK.. :rolleyes:

:eek:

All Creatures Great And Small
10-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Kfamr and Popcornbird are still in school, and kids are taught early on here in the US that alcohol consumption is a bad thing, especially for underage people. They may change their minds when they get older, but for now, they're just voicing their concern about being around beer drinking, even if just virtually. To the young people who are being educated against drug and alcohol abuse in the schools here, seeing a picture of someone chugging a big ol' beer is the same as seeing pictures of someone smoking marijuana, because it's considered the same thing. Schools don't make any distinction between legal alcohol consumption and illegal drug consumption, just that both are BAD. I remember my daughter telling me FERVENTLY, when she was in 5th grade, that I was a DRUG ADDICT because I smoked (perfectly legal) cigarettes. So don't be too hard on them for speaking out against beer. I'd rather hear a young person opposed to drinking than all for it, anyway.

lbaker
10-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Do we need to rate our threads like movies? Like "for mature audiences only" so as not to offend someone :confused: Or should something like a meeting between friends during Octoberfest be kept in the Doghouse category :(

Kfamr
10-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Nope, It's fine where it's at. :)

Cataholic
10-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Do we need to rate our threads like movies? Like "for mature audiences only" so as not to offend someone :confused: Or should something like a meeting between friends during Octoberfest be kept in the Doghouse category :(

I am all over that post. If you don't like something, and someone is not asking for your opinion-MOVE ON!

It wouldn't be any different than someone posting a beautiful picture of thier garden and someone else posting, "Gross. I am soo allergic to flowers". Pointless, unnecessary, and really, an insult to someone that has taken significant energy to publish PTC.

Kfamr
10-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I am all over that post. If you don't like something, and someone is not asking for your opinion-MOVE ON!

It wouldn't be any different than someone posting a beautiful picture of thier garden and someone else posting, "Gross. I am soo allergic to flowers". Pointless, unnecessary, and really, an insult to someone that has taken significant energy to publish PTC.

If posting wasn't meant for comments and opinions, then nothing would be posted in the first place.

I never said anything about PTC being sick, or anything insulting PTC. I think it's a rather cute idea. My post wasn't meant to be insulting. Being allergic to something and disliking alcohol is two different things.

Anyways -- On the subject. I'm glad you guys were able to meet-- alcohol or not. PTC is a cute idea and it should go on! :)

jonza
10-02-2003, 03:36 PM
… Goodness me!

… and here’s me thinking that this was a fun thread and it would just fade away and die gracefully! ;)

The problem isn’t with beer drinking or any other human “vice”. It’s a matter of DEGREE. A matter of not EXAGGERATING things. It’s a matter of being tolerant of others and their habits and beliefs (OK, I’ll get off my soapbox now).

If one makes a derogatory comment on someone else’s thread, there’s a good chance one will get a reaction. I thought mine was rather mild (it was at least meant to be).

Let’s get this back on track and try to have a bit of fun together. Much better than pointless discussion and misunderstandings.

Perhaps the next headline for PTC should be:

PET TALK CONFIDENTIAL PROVOKES SERIOUS INTERNATIONAL CONTROVERSY!

Cataholic
10-02-2003, 04:07 PM
Jonza- I will drink to that!

Edwina's Secretary
10-02-2003, 04:33 PM
As one of the delegates, I want to assure you that none were drinking to excess, rolling around naked in the saurkraut, or engaging in any other SICK behavior. In fact, you might note that, just as on network T.V....none of us is actually shown guzzling or even sipping the foam.

SO......everyone take a deep breath. We had a great time, no one was sick, and Jonza is an inspired reporter as well as an active delegate.

Prost......

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
As one of the delegates, I want to assure you that none were drinking to excess, rolling around naked in the saurkraut, or engaging in any other SICK behavior.

Awww......guess you guys didn't have as much fun as I thought. ;) :D :D :D :p :D

Barbara
10-02-2003, 05:02 PM
Sara I have no idea why you won't admit having rolled in the sauerkraut. You seemed to like it then :p

Edwina's Secretary
10-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Sara I have no idea why you won't admit having rolled in the sauerkraut. You seemed to like it then

sssshhhhh!! I don't want to ruin my image!! ;)

Vio&Juni
10-03-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Sara I have no idea why you won't admit having rolled in the sauerkraut. You seemed to like it then :p

I still like to smell my hair - mmmmmm, yummy, sauerkraut!!!

sasvermont
10-03-2003, 06:11 AM
I have enjoyed learning about your meeting. The photos are great and the beer and food look yummy to me! All that said, I trust that the same folks in the photos are at and over the limit for the drinking age and are truly our dear Pet Talkers!

Thanks so much for sharing your great time with the rest of us!

I am green with envy.

SAS

jonza
10-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Pet Talk Confidential has been spreading some rumors (unfounded I’m sure), that one of our delegates was once very interested in wrestling (and not just in the sauerkraut either!)
Can any of you recognise her on this photo? :eek:

http://www.studio16a.dk/Cats/wrestling.jpg

gini
10-04-2003, 01:12 PM
Sure can!!

Barbara
10-05-2003, 05:41 AM
I can't:(

delidog
10-05-2003, 07:02 AM
Oh Johnza,
You could make money with pics like that!!;) :)

delidog
10-08-2003, 05:20 AM
Yes,That Could be worth some Big Treats!!!;) :)