PDA

View Full Version : Cubby has been on his pills for 1 week now!

cubby31682
09-30-2003, 09:55 PM
Well, Cubby has been on his pills for 1 week now. He is a brand new cat it seems like. The pills have really changed his attitude and he is more of a lovable cat! Which I am loving every minute of it. I have to call the vet next week and let him know how he's doing.

Katie

rg_girlca
09-30-2003, 09:58 PM
This is great news. I'm happy for you and for Cubby.
Thanks for sharing.

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2003, 10:26 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:) I'm so glad that the pills are working. :)

jenluckenbach
10-01-2003, 06:04 AM
What type of pills is Cubby on?

It is great to hear that they are working, though. :)

cubby31682
10-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Cubby is on Ovaban. It helps him control his play. He use to try to hump us every time we tried to sleep so this pill is suppose to make him not do that. But he doesn't want to play any more either.

kimlovescats
10-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Wonderful news, thanks for the update! Hugs to Cubby!:)

jenluckenbach
10-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Will he be able to come off this medicine at some point. (maybe as he matures?) I know how it is when you medicate your cat and their total "essence" changes. Sterling is on amitriptylin to prevent him from urinating outside his litter box, but his personality has changed. I miss my OLD Sterling and hope that all can go back to normal one day. Best of luck with Cubby.

cubby31682
10-01-2003, 02:03 PM
The vet told us that Cubby will have to be on these pills for the rest of his life. So unless some day down the line if the vet tells me I can stop giving them to him I will. I am starting to miss the playful Cubby that I had. I gave him one of his furry toy mice last night and he looked at it but wouldn't play with it. :(

jenluckenbach
10-01-2003, 02:20 PM
It is too bad that there was this change, but if it is any consolation, he might have changed any way. I have had cats go through certain "spurts" (like, Jasper used to fetch) and then they stop for no reason.
Maybe he would just prefer a different type of play now. you will have to experiment. Try toys on a pole, those usually go over big.