PDA

View Full Version : More than one way to win a cat...

Edwina's Secretary
09-30-2003, 02:17 PM
Last night my husband was out so I decided to curl up in bed with the book I am reading. Edwina, of course, jumped on the bed and assumed her customary position...in the angle created by my knees. She had just snuggled down when Eddie jumped on the bed.

Edwina leapt up....went to the bottom of the bed and glared...The Look. Eddie wandered around, asked me for neck scritchies....then curled up in.......................Edwina's spot!

Her eyes were shooting daggers! I suggested to Eddie that was mean...and he should move. He did but only a little. He was still against my lower backside.

Edwina huffed and puffed and stared. She heaved a VERY heavy sigh....and settled down in her spot.....up against me and Eddie!!!

I could not see over my legs (did I mention I am on my side for all of this??) but I could feel them there....even as I fell asleep.

Of course today Edwina has been unusually testy with Eddie....oh the morning after!

Pam
09-30-2003, 02:22 PM
Oh my, such a breakthrough and no one around to snap a quick picture for us! I can get a good mental picture, though, from your description and am thinking that a giant leap has been made here. After all, Edwina stayed in the room and no blood was shed! :) I still think that come winter these two will be snuggling and grooming each other. I'm staying tuned! ;)

09-30-2003, 02:32 PM
Lol! Thanks for keeping us all updated on the Edwina & Eddie's lifestory! I cannot wait to see a cuddling picture of those two ;) :)

slick
09-30-2003, 02:44 PM
OMG that's too cute!! I can just picture it now.

"Will you respect me in the morning??"

Barbara
09-30-2003, 02:47 PM
Oh how wonderful. Do you know that's Filou's place too? He would never share it with Tigris and there is a nice picture of it but it can't be published on a family website:D

PayItForward
09-30-2003, 02:55 PM
:D It is great to hear how well E & E are getting on together

I can't wait for the cuddle pictures (Though I see it would have been difficult to take one last night)

Randi
09-30-2003, 03:00 PM
E & E not only in the same room - but in the same bed!! :eek: It can't get much better now, except perhaps a picture of it. ;)

Sara, this winter I bet that you'll have them on each side of you - better than any blanket. :D

ramanth
09-30-2003, 03:15 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D
YOU GO EDDIE!!! :)

catlover4ever
09-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Oh, I can just picture it. I can see the look of disdain in Ms. Edwina's eyes and I can just picture the look in Eddie's eyes saying "Huh, I'm in your spot and there is nothing you can do about it".

Vio&Juni
09-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Eddie is a smart guy :) He will finally have Edwina eating out of his paw ;) (let's hope)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Randi
E & E not only in the same room - but in the same bed!!

And actually up against each other!!! That sounds about as close as T & P were the other day when I caught them "snuggling on the sly." :D

Oh my Sara! What a break through! Guess Eddie is just being persistent and working his way in, and Edwina is finally realizing no matter how long she glares at him, he's not going to go away. :D

And I can understand the testiness today. She probably didn't get much sleep. After all, remember back to when you first started sleeping with someone else in the same bed. Takes awhile to get used to that other body being there after having the whole spot to yourself for so long. :D :D

Oh, and PS, be sure to keep the camera on hand at all times for instances such as this. ;) :D :D

jenluckenbach
09-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Not only can I feel Edwina's eyes glaring I can hear her huffing from here !!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, the point is, when she wants something badly enough (in this case "her spot") it really doesn't matter who else is near by. And to me THAT is progress ! Way to go E & E.

zippy-kat
09-30-2003, 04:25 PM
IF looks could kill, you'd be pushin' up catnip by now, Eddie. (And I am sooooooo thankful you're not!!)

Keep workin' on her pal, you'll win her over yet!

Perhaps, you could convince Turnip to help you?

Miss Meow
09-30-2003, 07:23 PM
I know that huff! Sometimes Jasmine does it when living with boys is a bit too much!

Poor Edwina, he's taking over all your former domains. You sit next to Eddie and take his body heat :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2003, 10:47 PM
What a major step for E&E. This is great news!!!:) I'm glad that Eddie isn't willing to give up so easily and that Edwina is also willing to stand her ground. I also predict that sometime this winter there will be some cuddling sessions between the two E's. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-01-2003, 02:57 AM
Way to go Eddie! Real progress......

I am now sitting at desk desk humming the old Shirelles song:

"Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow"

Is this a lasting treasure
Or just a moment's pleasure?
Can I believe the magic of your sighs?
Will you still love me tomorrow?

Tonight with words unspoken
You say that I'm the only one
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning sun?

Maybe Eddie should try a little serenade to HH!!!

sqwelch
10-01-2003, 07:32 AM
Yip, I think as soon as the cold nights start they'll be snuggling up to each other sharing body heat !!!

Logan
10-01-2003, 08:00 AM
Terrific news, Sara!!!!! Sounds like she's figured out that if she can't beat him, she'd better join him!!!! :D

anna_66
10-01-2003, 08:13 AM
Wow, what a breakthrough, I can't believe it:D
I would have loved to see that!

catmandu
10-01-2003, 09:29 AM
i know how you feel my Edwina! after all I have to share my whiskas Temptations with 13 other Cats! And MY Bed! And My Hum,an daddy! please give Eddie a break , I am sure that he is A Good cat! JJJ3, your Love!

kimlovescats
10-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Oh what a wonderful mental picture you painted!!! :D
I just can't wait til we have documented proof of these "meeting" on film!!!! :eek:

Cataholic
10-01-2003, 11:30 AM
I cannot believe it! The EEs, TOUCHING? Are you SURE you weren't dreaming it all Sara?