PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on a specific Catnapping

PayItForward
09-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Mr Stray sadly has a home with a nasty lady down the road.

I learnt this from my nice neighbour (Owned by sweet Susie, Torti, partially feeder of my Caramel Stray).

This lady had three pets, a dog and two cats all intact. My neighbours cat has been attacked several times by the black cat and so she offered to have the cat netured at her cost, she was rejected.

This lady didn't care that one of her cats was outside climbing trees with a medical cone collar on ...very scary. Again my neighbour offered to help, and again rejected.

The black cat disappeared a couple of months ago, my neighbour think it has found a new home.

The dog was 'stolen' by another neighbour down the street, who felt it was being mistreated.

So that just leaves Mr Stay.

Steve & I have been discussing a catnapping mission to get him altered, home him a couple of nights to let him recover and release him :(

What do you think ? As there is no proof of cruelty just hearsay, we can't rehome him (Unless we happened to move) But he needs to be neutered ..doesn't he.

aly
09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Yes, I agree at the very least to neuter him. The "owners" probably won't even notice :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PayItForward
09-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by aly
The "owners" probably won't even notice :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
That's what Steve said. :mad:

Here's hopeing that the vets don't recognise him either.

emily_the_spoiled
09-30-2003, 02:18 PM
If she has "taken care" of her pet's so well :mad: :mad: :mad: I'll lay you odds that the vet has never seen Mr. Stray...

K & L
09-30-2003, 02:26 PM
Yes, get him neutered. You haven't hurt anyone or anything, just helped. When we TNR in the park, I know we've gotten some neighborhood cats. I figure "oh well, if they're not going to neuter, we will"!;)

Barbara
09-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Get him neutered. Male cats are ok after that in a day or so and these guys won't notice. It will give him a much higher probability for a longer life!

PayItForward
09-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Right, the plan is to continue to feed him so he trusts us and he'll keep visiting.

As soon as I get paid, we'll borrow him for a couple of days...snip snip :D

jenluckenbach
09-30-2003, 03:36 PM
I'd neuter him and release him. If any questions were ever asked, feign ignorance....."OH??? Is he your cat?????? I am sorry, I thought he was a stray"

zippy-kat
09-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Is the neighbor sociable? You could find out why the cat (the one climbing the tree) had the collar on.. "Ohh poor thing, what vet did you use?" Then, you'd have the name of the vet NOT to use (so they don't recognize this guy).

Good luck!

PayItForward
09-30-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Is the neighbor sociable? You could find out why the cat (the one climbing the tree) had the collar on.. "Ohh poor thing, what vet did you use?" Then, you'd have the name of the vet NOT to use (so they don't recognize this guy).

Good luck!
Apparantley this lady has upset the majority of the other neighbours, we being the exception (and that is only as we have yet to meet)

I think we'll just try our local vets, if they say this is Kitty from up the road. We'll just thank them and take Mr Stray to another vets before returning him.

I don't want any contact, as at the moment I don't know who she is or offically that she has a cat and if I think he is a stray I am not breaking any laws.

catland
09-30-2003, 05:56 PM
well, if the vet mentions that this looks like "so-and-so's" cat, you can always say - "maybe they're related";)

musicmaker
09-30-2003, 08:25 PM
if you can get away with it,go ahead and do it. but if i went to all the trouble to do that,and they are bad people,i wouldn't take him back. give him to a good farm lady,if you can't take him yourself. " dye his fur so they won't recognize him" ha ha ha good luck musicmaker

dukedogsmom
09-30-2003, 08:52 PM
I'd say go ahead and do it. If she neglects them that much, she shouldn't have them in the first place.

moosmom
09-30-2003, 09:05 PM
But he needs to be neutered ..doesn't he.

Absolutely!!! As in the Nike Commercial "JUST DO IT!!!"

Lorraine
09-30-2003, 09:23 PM
Oh, poor kitty. Yes, I agree that he should be neutered. I think he is very fortunate that at least there is someone who cares about him. Obviously, his owner doesn't care about him That is sad.:(
But If he has the chance to be neutered, I am sure he will be much healthier, and he also will not create any more unwanted kittens. You are very kind for wanting to help him!:)

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2003, 09:29 PM
I also agree that you should neuter him. I really wish that he'd also be able to be rehomed since his owner sure doesn't seem to care about him. :mad:
He needs a loving caring home. Good luck and please keep us updated. :)

zippy-kat
09-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
I think we'll just try our local vets, if they say this is Kitty from up the road. We'll just thank them and take Mr Stray to another vets before returning him.

The only problem with that is... what if the vet holds him until the owners show?

Don't get me wrong, I fully support you in this but at the same time, I don't want you guys in trouble!

Again, GOOD LUCK, my fingers are crossed for ya!

catmandu
10-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Yes , it is a sad thing that there are such idiots! But Mr Stray must be fixed , before he can sire litter after Litter of unwanted little ones!

kimlovescats
10-01-2003, 09:56 AM
Go for it!!! ;)

catlover4ever
10-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Zippy-Kat has a good point....what if your vet is the same vet that the lady down the road uses and they recognize him.....(I think it is a slim chance but if you have any luck like mine.....it would end up happening).

We have traveling vets that have a spay/neuter clinic that goes around....do you have anything like that in your neighborhood....at least that way, you say he's a stray and you are doing your part to help control the pet population (gee, I sound like Bob Barker from the Price is Right).