PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request list

Stenograsaurus
08-10-2001, 12:54 PM
I was thinking that we should start a list of all the little fur babies on this board that needs special prayer for whatever reasons and we can just pull it up and pray for them. If you can think of any, please include them. So far I have the following:

Killian
Bourbon
Buddy
Bailey
Charlie

zippy-kat
08-10-2001, 02:01 PM
What a great idea!

I'd like to add our oldest kitty Clarice. She is approx. 10yrs and has arthritis (sp?).

I'm afraid she is slowing going downhill. :(

jackiesdaisy1935
08-10-2001, 03:44 PM
That is a very nice idea, all the pets on this board are loved by all and we need to let the families know that we care and pray for them.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
08-10-2001, 10:17 PM
What a wonderful idea! I will certainly pray for all the beloved babies in need of a few miracles :)

delidog
08-10-2001, 10:34 PM
great idea!!!! i will pray for all!!!!!!!! please add scrubber to your list....my wondderful 19 yr. mutt!!!!!the deli dog :)

Pam
08-11-2001, 07:09 AM
Wow DeliDog...Scrubber must have several guardian angels around him to even have lived to the age of 19. How wonderful!

tatsxxx11
08-11-2001, 07:38 AM
What a special, loving thought. Prayers to all of our Pet Talk family furkids who need our strength, love and prayers.

Sudilar
08-11-2001, 08:07 AM
I just want to say thank you all for your prayers for my Killian! This is a great idea. I, of course, am praying for all the others.
19 years!!!!! :eek: WOW!!

mugsy
08-11-2001, 10:54 PM
Sue, I'm sorry I have been neglect in reading about Killian, I didn't even know you had problems until tonight. My heart and thoughts go to you and Killian. I would like to add any dogs out there that have not found forever homes or haven't found a home at all.

delidog
08-12-2001, 09:50 AM
mugsy is so right...even though we pray for our own fur kids every day...we must pray for those who have no voice...and no homes...dogs,cats,horses..any who need gods' help...and remember god spelled backwards is d-o-g!!!!the deli dog ;)

delidog
08-12-2001, 09:53 AM
for sudilar...excuse me for being out of the loop...i was on a boomer crusade the last few days....what is wrong with killian????are you guys o.k.????can we help ????please advise...again i am sorry if i missed a previous post....our thoughts and prayers go out to you...deli

Sudilar
08-12-2001, 11:04 PM
Molly and deli-dog,
Here is Killian's health problem log.
http://petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000116 http://petoftheday.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000140

He is acting like his old self except for the fact that he does not eat very much and his weight is a problem. The disease will eventually kill him but we're hoping that it will be in the far future. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Gio
08-13-2001, 10:42 AM
I know this is the dog board but I find this is such a lovely idea that I was wondering if you don't mind sparing a little prayer for my oldest cat Gigio. He is 18 and I have the feeling that he will not be with me much longer. He is like the end of a candle slowly wasting away. The vet has told me that he is not in any pain so I have just to wait and see.

zippy-kat
08-13-2001, 11:32 AM
GIO~

True, this is a dog board, but we can't be biased when someone needs our prayers. I added my 10yr old kitty, Clarice, on here too.

And I agree, it is a very very sweet idea! Pettalkers have become one great big fur-family and we should be able to rely upon other members when we need help. I feel confident that this is the best board around and also, that these are the best people around! Everyone is so caring and sincere! What can I say? Pettalk members are very special people!

Sudilar
08-13-2001, 11:49 AM
I don't mind praying for anyone in need! :)

jackiesdaisy1935
08-13-2001, 04:19 PM
I thought this was a wonderful prayer for all the animals.

A PRAYER FOR ANIMALS

Hear our humble prayer, O God,
for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for any that are hunted or lost
or deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put to sleep.
We entreat for them all
Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them
we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us be true friends to animals
and so to share
the blessings of the merciful

**Albert Schweitzer**

Logan
08-13-2001, 08:11 PM
I'm so glad you all started this. I had gotten to the point where I keep a handwritten list by my computer....just so I don't leave anyone out.

I think of you all often and the needy ones are definitely in my prayers. In fact, the ones that aren't needy are too, as are all of their human counterparts! LOL!!

Logan

shais_mom
08-13-2001, 11:12 PM
I am baaaaack!!!!
Wonderful idea!!!
I would like to add a cat too, Kylie's brother Max, he has been gone for 2 weeks :(

TollSettFK
08-14-2001, 07:29 AM
Thats a wonderful idea! I would like to add my eight week old puppy. It hasn't gotten it's shots yet, and Im worried about Parvo(a deadly disease that he can get from other hasn't-gotten shots yet dogs)It doesn't have it now, but still...Im also really anxious about training it properly.This is a great idea!

Stenograsaurus
08-14-2001, 11:54 AM
I had to tell you all this story. I put my 4 yr. old in bed at night. Well, when we said our prayers the other night, I added God Bless Killian. She said, Who dat? I told her who. She said okay, and repeated it. Then I said Bourbon. She said Dat anuder one? I said, yes. I said Bailey and she looked at me and said, How many are dere??!!! I just laughed.

Stenograsaurus
08-14-2001, 12:00 PM
Here's the list so far. I keep adding them when I find them. I'm putting Hope on the list. That poor girl.

Killian
Bourbon
Foxy
Buddy
Charlie
Clarice
Scrubber
Gigio
Max
Hope
Daisy
Sheba

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]
I added Sheba to the list. I removed Bailey since everything has healed from the surgery. I also removed Finny since he didn't have Parvo. Hooray for Bailey and Finny.

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

sammi
08-14-2001, 12:38 PM
Thank you for the updated list.

Sudilar
08-14-2001, 04:05 PM
Oh, Beth, that was so adorable (your daughter praying for our pups)! Tell her Killian (and his Mom) say thank you!!!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-15-2001, 12:09 PM
Beth, what a sweet girl you have, I can tell she will love animals as she grows up thanks to her Mom. :)

Stenograsaurus
08-15-2001, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Jackie:
<STRONG>Beth, what a sweet girl you have, I can tell she will love animals as she grows up thanks to her Mom. :)</STRONG>

I tell you, that little girl has more compassion than some of the adults I have encountered.

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

Daisy's Mom
08-15-2001, 07:36 PM
Stenograsaurus, thank you for your great idea and for updating our prayer list. Your daughter sounds like a very compassionate, sweet little girl!

zippy-kat
08-15-2001, 08:37 PM
Bridget's Daisy needs our prayers! She will be traveling to the vet tomorrow to have a bump checked out. (SEE Dog Health: Bump?!)

Good luck Bridget & Daisy! Let us know what happens.

Daisy's Mom
08-16-2001, 10:17 PM
Thank you so much for thinking of my baby Daisy girl! For those of you who didn't read my other post, Daisy has a bump on her chest. The earliest vet appointment that we could get is two weeks away! I don't know how I will wait that long to know what is going on... but for now I sincerely appreciate all your prayers. I pray for everyone on that list every night.

zippy-kat
08-27-2001, 06:52 PM
I'd like to add Sophie my Bunny to the list.

She goes to the vet Sept. 4, for her spay! :eek:

zippy-kat
08-27-2001, 07:55 PM
I guess I'll be adding another one guys. :(

I just heard word from my mom today that my cat Tinker is sick. :(

She started feeling poorly a couple of days ago--Mom thought it was because Tink got into the trash and ate a few things she wasn't suppose to. It could be a liver disease or lukemia...we are waiting on the bloodwork results. They are treating her for an infection right now. The vet thinks that it might be an infection in the bladder that has moved up to the kidneys. He bioped the bladder and there were bunches of bacteria. She is tender in the intestines and kidney area, as well. :( Her fever was 104-105.

She goes in on the 7th for another exam.

Please pray for us!

Stenograsaurus
08-31-2001, 11:37 AM
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated this. I've had four things due at around the same time at work and I've been very busy here. Here's the updated list.

Killian
Bourbon
Foxy
Buddy
Charlie
Clarice
Scrubber
Gigio
Max
Hope
Daisy
Sheba
Graham
Tucker
Sophia
Tinker

This list keeps growing!!! Hey, all you fur kids out there, stay healthy, would ya??!! :p ;) We all love ya and worry about you and are sending lots of love!!

MaxnPeteysMom
08-31-2001, 02:40 PM
Much love and prayers to all of the sweet animals - listed on this board and NOT listed on this board - who need it.

Our pets are such a blessing to us.

I watch a show on Animal Planet about the ASPCA Police in NYC - everytime I watch them save another abused and neglected animal, I look over at my two pooches and hug them and remind myself and them how blessed we are.

Peace...

MaxnPeteysMom
08-31-2001, 02:48 PM
Much love and prayers to all of the sweet animals - listed on this board and NOT listed on this board - who need it.

Our pets are such a blessing to us.

I watch a show on Animal Planet about the ASPCA Police in NYC - everytime I watch them save another abused and neglected animal, I look over at my two pooches and hug them and remind myself and them how blessed we are.

Peace...

KYS
08-31-2001, 05:05 PM
Stenograsaurus,
Thank you for the updates.
I agree, wouldn't it be wonderful if our
fur kids could be all happy and
healthy. (than we could put
the list in re-tirement) :)
Sending wishes and good thoughts
for all the dogs that are
not feeling well.

Sudilar
08-31-2001, 05:19 PM
Still thinking and praying for all of you!!!!

Sue

Daisy's Mom
08-31-2001, 06:25 PM
MaxnPetey's Mom, I love that show! It makes me feel so happy that Daisy is safe with me.

Stenograsaurus, you are so kind to update the list for us! Thanks so much, and thanks for adding my Daisy girl :) I am sure your prayers helped make her bump just a fatty cyst.

Daisy and I are praying for everyone on that list! Kisses to all of you.

Cinder & Smoke
08-31-2001, 06:51 PM
Sorry to report we must to add another Sickie to the Prayer List :(...

*Star*, Furkid of Sandra (Tatsxxx11), has developed a urinary tract infection AND stepped on a bee while on a poddy break! She's on meds for the pee problem, and probably treading lightly on the puffy paw :(.

Here's a link to her story: Star's Feeling Poorly... (http://PetoftheDay.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000171)

Continued Prayers to all the Sick and Homeless!

lizbud
08-31-2001, 07:40 PM
Was going to ask all prayers for STAR ,
but saw Cinder & Smoke beat me to it...
Thanks Steno for starting & keeping this
on line reminder for everybody...
All The Best!!!! Bud & Liz

Stenograsaurus
09-01-2001, 10:26 PM
Killian
Bourbon
Foxy
Buddy
Charlie
Clarice
Scrubber
Gigio
Max
Hope
Daisy
Sheba
Graham
Tucker
Sophia
Tinker
Star
Belle
Julie and kids

Keep the prayers coming guys. There are miracles happening every day through the power of prayer.

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

zippy-kat
09-03-2001, 11:31 PM
I just read this on another prayer board. Hope you don't mind me posting it...

"I am homebound and disabled. I have a wonderful dog named Julie who was lost when she was pregnant. We know she had her puppies in some woods a few miles from my house. We have searched and searched but we cant find Julie or her puppies. Please pray for their safety and for their safe return home to me. I love Julie so much. My life feels empty without her. Thank you." ~C.C.

zippy-kat
09-04-2001, 03:02 PM
Me again...lol
But this time with HAPPYnews! :D
Just got home and called the vet, Sophie's surgery went wonderfully!!! No complications! I'm so happy. I have two hours before I go pick her up; they will--no doubt--be the longest two hours of my life! lol

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!! I feel so blessed to have friends such as you!!!

Sudilar
09-04-2001, 08:30 PM
Great to hear that Sophie's surgery went well. I wish her continued good luck and get well wishes!!

Stenograsaurus
09-06-2001, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat:
<STRONG>Me again...lol
But this time with HAPPYnews! :D
Just got home and called the vet, Sophie's surgery went wonderfully!!! No complications! I'm so happy. I have two hours before I go pick her up; they will--no doubt--be the longest two hours of my life! lol

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!! I feel so blessed to have friends such as you!!!</STRONG>

Does this mean that I get to take one off the list? That would be good news.

AdoreMyDogs
09-06-2001, 09:38 AM
Wonderful news about Sophia bun bun. I need to know if I can add a very special dog to the prayer list...but this dog is not part of our close-knit group. Her name is Sam and she is a golden retreiver mix with an exceptional personality. She was adopted from the shelter almost a year ago by a co-worker of mine. He and his wife love Sam so much and are so greatful to have her, she was the perfect addition to their family.

My co-worker and his wife went on vacation a couple of weeks ago, and they decided not to take Sam, so instead they found a VERY reputable kennel where she would get a yard to play in and 2 walks every day. Well...Sam was not happy with being left at that place so she jumped the fence and she was struck by a car. Sam is very ill, and she may have permenant brain damage. She has been at the vet's office for the last week and 1/2 and today my co-worker is taking her to the neurologist today to determine if she will get better. If the news is bad, then Sam will be put to sleep to end her suffering.

She is sure loved, and my coworker and his wife are completely devistated. I have been saying a prayer for Sam, if I could have more prayers and positive energy sent her way it might help her healing.

Thanks.

Dixieland Dancer
09-06-2001, 10:14 AM
Sam is definitely going to be in our prayers. You might want to consider opening up a separate topic just for her. My heart is sooooo heavy after reading your post. :( :( I actually feel like crying for the poor girl. What a tragedy..... Lord, please send your angels to comfort Sam. May your healing hand be upon her if it is your will. Give the veterinarians the knowledge to do what is best for her in this most important time of need. You are the author of life and care for even the smallest of creatures. Please have mercy on Sam. Amen.

Cinder & Smoke
09-06-2001, 10:53 AM
Beautiful Prayer, Dixie...

Cinder, Smokey, and Dad add their Prayers for Sam and her Mom and Dad.

Stenograsaurus
09-06-2001, 12:31 PM
Of course we would include Sam. I'll include anybody's animals in my prayers. Here's the updated list.

Killian
Bourbon
Foxy
Buddy
Charlie
Clarice
Scrubber
Gigio
Max
Hope
Daisy
Sheba
Graham
Tucker
Tinker
Belle
Julie and kids
Sam

Logan
09-06-2001, 02:14 PM
My heart is certainly heavy, thinking about Sam too. Bless her sweet heart, and those of her owners. I know they were doing what we have all done before, and thinking she was in the safest possible environment. I know that leaving mine is a bit easier for me because they are together....but I can never wait to get home and see them!

I will certainly add Sam to my prayer list too. Hope you will keep us posted. How sad. :(

jackiesdaisy1935
09-06-2001, 03:16 PM
Poor Sam and her poor family, I'm so sorry to hear what happened. We will keep Sam in our thoughts and prayers, maybe all the positive thoughts will help turn the tide for the better for her. That is so sad.
Logan we take our babies on vacation with us so I don't have to worry, but even if we go out shopping or out to dinner I worry the whole time and can't wait to get back home to make sure they are o.k.
Jackie

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: Jackie ]

09-06-2001, 03:28 PM
Oh goodness... Lord Bless Sam. I too feel like balling. That is so so sad. I pray for mercy on her and hope that she will be mended to the fullest and back with her family again.

Sam's mom and dad are in my prayers too... I can only image the weight on their hearts right now...

tatsxxx11
09-06-2001, 04:52 PM
Zippy, I am so thrilled and relieved that Sophie did fine!! Hugs and kisses all around; and you, I KNOW, are breathing one big sigh of relief!

Leslie, I am sickened and so heart sick to her about Sam. Especially so, because I too, have recently had to deal with a similar situation. I work at a kennel, and last Fri. night, a new boarder, a husky, vacationing from Ohio, lifted his latch and scaled two 6' fences. Hearing that news was so unbearable. I could only imagine the shock, horror and agony as the family got the news. We contacted every vet, animal control officer and radio station on the Cape. Each of us spent hours on our time off, driving everywhere looking for Robby. Every night I cried and prayed he would be found. Every day I saw his bag of dogfood on the kennel shelf, and would start crying all over again. As you know, kenneled dogs do NOT keep the collars/tags on for fear of choking. He was chipped though. Then, as the family was about to return to Ohio without their Robby, we got the call. Robby was found in a town 20 miles away! This family was incredibly lucky, and so was Robby. Why couldn't Sam have been lucky too?

Please, God, please, make a miracle. Heal this beautiful creature who is so loved, and who's only mistake in life was desperately wanting and needing to be back with her family. I pray that Sam will somehow recover from this tragic, tragic accident. We all love you Sam. We send you and your family our prayers and love.

tatsxxx11
09-06-2001, 04:56 PM
And please, too, return sweet Julie to her mom, safely in tow with puppies. She needs, misses and loves Julie so much. Please God, make another miracle.

Sudilar
09-06-2001, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer:
<STRONG>.. Lord, please send your angels to comfort Sam. May your healing hand be upon her if it is your will. Give the veterinarians the knowledge to do what is best for her in this most important time of need. You are the author of life and care for even the smallest of creatures. Please have mercy on Sam. Amen.</STRONG>

AMEN.

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

zippy-kat
09-06-2001, 06:56 PM
Oh Sam! We're all pulling for you!!

Sophie turned out to be a "stitch licker-picker" as I call her. She is sporting a nice lil' elizabethean collar. I've told her only royalty is allowed to wear such things, but she's not buying it. :rolleyes:

Daisy's Mom
09-06-2001, 07:24 PM
I am so glad Sophie's surgery went well! Kisses to the little sweetie!

I am so sorry about Sam. My heart goes to her family. I will most certainly pray for her and her mom and dad, like I do for everyone on the list.

KYS
09-06-2001, 09:02 PM
AdoreMyDogs,

Please tell your co-worker that
our thougths are with her and Sam.
How devestating for her and her
husband. I pray that Sam will have a full
recovery.

auggie
09-06-2001, 09:39 PM
I like to add Howie Dawn's Lucy to the List.
(see Cat Health - FIP)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-06-2001, 09:52 PM
What a great idea!! Please add dear sweet Simba, and dear sweet Lilly! Thanks!

delidog
09-06-2001, 10:14 PM
i am heartbroken to hear of "sam".....please know that they are in our thoughts and prayers....i wanted to take a 3 day weekend in 2 weeks and get someone to watch delilah....i think that we'll go camping instead...she comes with us!!!!!!deli dog :eek: ;)

tatsxxx11
09-08-2001, 04:24 PM
Leslie, any word on Sam? I'm so sad; thinking about her all of the time. I pray so hard that she recovers. Love, Sandra

K9karen
09-08-2001, 09:36 PM
As thrilled and happy as I am to hear that Sadie's surgery went well and she is fine, I am so sad and depressed about Sam. I too am adding that sweet pup to my prayers that a miracle can happen, and there's a full recovery. My prayers go out to her family too!

Daisy's Mom
09-09-2001, 07:15 PM
Not to take away from any of the more serious cases, but Daisy goes in for her eye surgery tomorrow. I just need a few quick prayers that all goes well. Thank you so much!

zippy-kat
09-09-2001, 07:19 PM
Daisy Roo, you and your mommy are definitely in our prayers!

mugsy
09-09-2001, 08:31 PM
I want to double up on prayers for Hope since we found out that she now has cancer.

horse_1987
09-09-2001, 09:21 PM
We could sure use some prayers right now.. my friends paint horse and palamino shetland pony have been missing since saturday morning :( we have no idea what happened to them we searched everywhere. It makes me sick to think that they might have been stolen :( but it is a possibility. The paint has a bowed tendon and the pony is wearing a nylon halter witch is bad because nylon dosen't break if it gets snagged on something :( so can you please add Bugs and Star to the list? we could use all the prayers we could get at time like this :( thanks everyone

AdoreMyDogs
09-10-2001, 10:02 AM
Prayers for those horses. I sure hope someone didn't steel them...I can't imagine how much your friend is grieving.

Best of luck to sweet Daisy on her upcoming eye surgery, I know how scary surgery is and I will pray for the best.

I am back after another weekend without pettalk :( I did want to let you know the latest on Sam, the lovely golden retriever mix who was struck by a car while her owners were on vacation. The neurologist appointment went well, Sam has some pretty severe spinal cord injuries, but it seems that the only casuality is going to be one of her hind legs. She had some nerves severed in the accident and she will never use that leg again. She is going to be getting it amputated but SHE IS GOING TO LIVE!!! and that is the most wonderful news. Sam will be going into surgery to get her leg amputated soon, as it is a dead limb. I'll let you know about any changes as they come. I firmly believe that with all of the positive energy and the wonderful prayers Sam will live. She will be a 3 legged dog, but she will be fine and is expected to make a full recovery after her leg amputation. You are all angels. I can't thank you enough for all the prayers. My co-worker and his wife also thank you with all of their hearts.

God bless you all.

Stenograsaurus
09-10-2001, 10:19 AM
Here's an updated list. Oh, I couldn't imagine what I'd do if someone stole any of my animals or if they were missing or real sick. You're all in my prayers.

Killian
Bourbon
Foxy
Buddy
Charlie
Clarice
Scrubber
Gigio
Max
Hope
Sheba
Tucker
Tinker
Belle
Julie and kids
Sam
Lucy
Simba
Lilly
Bugs
Star

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

AdoreMyDogs
09-10-2001, 10:37 AM
By the way...Graham is getting his stiches out tomorrow. He can come off the prayer list if you wanted to shorten it to the dogs in need because he's all better now :) Thanks for putting him on it though. I am sure with all of the prayers he made it through the surgery without any problems and his healing went quick.

Love you all.

-Leslie & Graham

Dixieland Dancer
09-10-2001, 10:59 AM
What wonderful news about Sam! An answer to our prayers!!!!! There are many 3 legged dogs who do just wonderful. Goldens are very athletic dogs so she should do fine. Especially since she has such as wonderful sounding family to take care of her and give her extra loving!

Glad Graham is doing better too!

I pray the horses are returned or found soon. I can't imagine someone being so heartless to steal an animal.

Best wishes and prayers to all our Pet Talk animal friends on the prayer list!

Daisy's Mom
09-11-2001, 07:45 PM
I am so glad to hear about Sam and Graham (ooh it rhymes ;) ). I guess my prayers helped! As for the two horses, they are going to be in my prayers. I hope they are okay.

Thanks for all your prayers for Daisy. Her surgery went great and she is looking prettier than ever!

Stenograsaurus
09-12-2001, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs:
<STRONG>By the way...Graham is getting his stiches out tomorrow. He can come off the prayer list if you wanted to shorten it to the dogs in need because he's all better now :) Thanks for putting him on it though. I am sure with all of the prayers he made it through the surgery without any problems and his healing went quick.

Love you all.

-Leslie & Graham</STRONG>

It's my pleasure to remove him. Good going, Graham.

tatsxxx11
09-12-2001, 12:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the missing Bugs and Star! How frightening to find those babies missing. I will pray with all my might that they are simply off on a long wander and will be home soon. Or perhaps if they were stolen, they will be noticed and the thieves apprehended. I hope most of all that wherever they are, they are safe.

Graham, good boy! Bet those stiches are pretty itchy! :) Soon you'll be 100%!! Yipppeeeeee!! Love to you Graham Man

And how wonderful that Sam will live to know the love her family is waiting to shower her with! So many doggie's I have met lead very happy, full lives as 3-leggers! Sam must have an incredible spirit and will to live. What a brave, brave girl. Thank God for a miracle. Sam will live! I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gio
09-13-2001, 09:54 AM
I just wanted to let you know that you can take Gigio off the list. We had to take the sad decision to put him to sleep on Tuesday. The last couple of days he was just laying on the floor, refused to eat and had become incontinent. It was so sweet on Saturday night he insisted in crawling in my bed and slept wrapped around my neck all night, it was the first time in weeks and also the last time he left the kitchen. I have no regrets with him, we found him when he was only a few months old and lived very happily for over 18 years. It's strange not to see him around though.

I just wanted to thank everyone who prayed for him.

Stenograsaurus
09-13-2001, 10:46 AM
Gio, I'm sorry to hear about Gigio. It is with great displeasure that I have to remove him from the list this way. Sometimes prayers aren't enough. I'll pray for you and your family.Killian
Bourbon
Foxy
Buddy
Charlie
Clarice
Scrubber
Max
Hope
Sheba
Tucker
Tinker
Belle
Julie and kids
Sam
Lucy
Simba
Lilly
Bugs
Star

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

Dixieland Dancer
09-13-2001, 12:21 PM
Gio,
You are the second person on Pet Talk that we are giving our condolences too. :( What a sad day we are having here on Pet Talk. Look forward to the day when you will see your loved one waiting for you as you cross into heaven.

Incidently - I use to wonder if my dogs would be in heaven. I asked a very wise man (a beloved pastor) when I was grieving over one of my dogs. His answer was the most profound I have ever heard on the subject. He said "Candy - heaven is being prepared for you as we speak. If you will need to have your pet in heaven in order to be happy then your pet will be there". I never doubted again whether they were there because they have given me such joy here on earth that I know they will be waiting for me there! I do believe!!!! :)

Hopefully someone else finds comfort in those words as I did several years ago and still do to this very day.

tatsxxx11
09-13-2001, 01:02 PM
Dear Gio, Yes, this is a very sad day here on Pet Talk. No matter how long they are with us, how old they are, it is never easy to say good-bye to these most devoted and loving of companions and friends. My deepest most heartfelt sympathy to you Gio. Dear, precious, Gigio. Play and run and frolick in the sunshine and flowers there at the Rainbow Bridge until the day comes when you and your mommy are reunited. My babies are there. I know they will give you a paw and show you the way. We send our love to you Gio and to you beautiful Gigio. Love, Sandra

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-13-2001, 01:08 PM
Dixieland Dancer, what a perfect thing your pastor said to you. I came to that same realization myself after losing my cocker spaniel, Freckles.
Heaven is supposed to be perfect paradise, but, for me, there would be no paradise if my beloved pets were not there with me. I do honestly beleive that there is a place like the rainbow bridge, where all our pet friends are happy and healthy and waiting for us.

jackiesdaisy1935
09-13-2001, 04:23 PM
Gio, I am very sad to hear of the passing of Gigio, I'm sure those 18 years with you were very happy for him. He is now over the Rainbow bridge, young again and playing with all the other animals there before him.
Jackie

Sudilar
09-13-2001, 08:27 PM
Dear Gio, I am so very sorry for your loss of Gigio. Please remember those 18 wonderful years you were blessed with Gigio. My heart goes out to you.

Daisy's Mom
09-13-2001, 10:10 PM
Gio I am so sorry about your sweet kitty. He is happy and healthy and in a better place now, and he is waiting for you.

shais_mom
09-14-2001, 01:13 AM
Gio, maybe Shaianne and Gigio can play together b/c I know Shaianne will miss Kylie as much as Kylie will miss her. God bless.

Gio
09-14-2001, 06:22 AM
Thanks everyone.
Staci, I love to think that Shaianne and Gigio crossed the Bridge together. I hope that Kylie is doing OK, it's hard for them as well.

horse_1987
09-14-2001, 06:59 AM
Hey everyone!, Bugs and Star can come off the list!! They have been found! They are someones riding stable until they can be picked up. A lady found them in the bush and called the humane soeciety :) Thankz for your prayers everyone! I'll pray everyday for all those other pets :(

Gio
09-14-2001, 07:06 AM
Finally some good news! I'm so pleased that they were found.

Dixieland Dancer
09-14-2001, 08:06 AM
Great News! Glad the horses were found.

Prayers for all the others on the list are still being offered and for the humans too!

Stenograsaurus
09-14-2001, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by horse_1987:
<STRONG>Hey everyone!, Bugs and Star can come off the list!! They have been found! They are someones riding stable until they can be picked up. A lady found them in the bush and called the humane soeciety :) Thankz for your prayers everyone! I'll pray everyday for all those other pets :(</STRONG>

I will gladly remove them from the list. I am so glad they were found. They must have been so scared. :(
Here's the updated list.

Killian
Bourbon
Foxy
Buddy
Charlie
Clarice
Scrubber
Max
Hope
Sheba
Tucker
Tinker
Belle
Julie and kids
Sam
Lucy
Simba
Lilly

tatsxxx11
09-14-2001, 05:16 PM
For Gio, Staci, and everyone who has lost a precious furkid.

God Bless Our Pets

They say memories are golden
Well, yes, this may be true
I never wished for memories
I only wanted you

A million times I needed you
A million times I cried
If love alone could save you
You never would have died

In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a special place
No one can ever fill

If tears could build a stairway
And heartache pave a lane
I'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you back again

Our family chain is broken
And nothing seems the same
But as God calls us one by one
The chain will link again

author...
ANNONYMOUS

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

zippy-kat
09-14-2001, 09:36 PM
Tinker is feeling much better now. She still hasn't finished her Rx but if you want to shorten the list, you may take her off!

Thank you guys for all your prayers!

Sudilar
09-14-2001, 10:25 PM
Please keep Killian in your prayers. He is having an "episode?" of no appetite again for almost a week. He's loosing weight. He will be going to the vet next week for more tests to see what his liver is doing. I think he needs to see a specialist for his mouth. His breath is atrocious. However, we will be doing the ammonia test first to see if the odor is because of his liver disease and not his mouth.

tatsxxx11
09-15-2001, 07:50 AM
Sandra, Cody and Star send their beloved friend Killian our love and prayers. Sue, please give Killi a hug and lots of kisses for us. We are thinking of you both always, and praying with all our might that this is just a temporary setback. Love, Sandra

Cinder & Smoke
09-15-2001, 02:06 PM
Oh, gosh ~ come on Killian, ya gotz to EAT!

Don't be payin any attenshun to the TV idiot box wiff alla hoomins smashin aeroplanes inta each udder :( ~ jest wurk on eatin and gettin bedder :).

We're gettin krampz inna pawz frum worryin about you, boy. Pleeze eat yer krunchies an get strong again - PLEEZE!

Love an {{{Huggz}}} frum all of us!! :D

Logan
09-15-2001, 02:28 PM
Oh Sue, I am so sorry for this setback with Killian. We'll certainly include him in our prayers.

Get better, Killian. :)

Gio
09-17-2001, 06:26 AM
As I already posted in another thread everyone at home, furrry and not, is keeping fingers and paws crossed for Killian.

lizbud
10-07-2001, 10:57 PM
Steno,
Buddy says it's O.K. to remove his name from
the Special Prayers List..(Good thoughts are
still welcome).
Prayers do work miracles!!Buddy is definately
ON THE MEND..Thank You Everyone....Liz.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-08-2001, 09:34 AM
Liz, glad Buddy is doing well, you are right those prayers do miracles. Buddy you keep getting better and better and better.
Jackie

purrley
10-08-2001, 09:37 AM
I think we should add Rachel's little Hannah to the special prayer list.

Sudilar
10-08-2001, 10:08 AM
We've been praying very hard for her!! Yes, please add her to the list.

RachelJ
10-08-2001, 12:27 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. You all have been so supportive. I don't deserve all your kindness, but Hannah does and I know she would want me to tell you how much she appreciates your love and prayers.

AdoreMyDogs
10-08-2001, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by RachelJ:
<STRONG>Thank you, thank you, thank you. You all have been so supportive. I don't deserve all your kindness, but Hannah does and I know she would want me to tell you how much she appreciates your love and prayers.</STRONG>

Rachel...what do you mean you don't deserve it? You most certainly do!!! You are a sweet, kind, gentle, caring, wonderful being. Everything good that comes to you, you deserve a million times over!

I have been sending healing thoughts and confirmations to Hannah. I hope to goodness that with other peoples' help Hannah can get well and become her old Madonna-like self again very soon.

Love,
Leslie & Graham
XXXXXXXOOOOOOO

tatsxxx11
10-08-2001, 04:42 PM
C'mon little Hannah.....Lots of prayers and love comin your way! You can do it! We love you princess. :)

KayAnn
10-08-2001, 04:46 PM
omg, you people are so sweet it brings tears to my eyes... how did i become so blessed to find this site?!?! I Love You people! my thoughts are with the sickeroo pups! :( hope you all get better!

Stenograsaurus
10-08-2001, 07:53 PM
Here's the updated list.

Killian
Bourbon
Foxy
Charlie
Clarice
Scrubber
Max
Hope
Sheba
Tucker
Belle
Julie and kids
Sam
Lucy
Simba
Lilly
Hannah

Logan
10-08-2001, 08:21 PM
Hi. I'm glad you have updated your list. It may not be my Lilly who is listed, but if it is, please take her off. She is only a little "fat" :eek:, but certainly not like some of these others that really need our prayers. Our Lilly can be taken care of with diet and exercise (just like her Mom, if I would just try it :o ). In fact, if I didn't have the ailing back, I'd take that girl and get her weighed at the vet's office. I am certain that she looks thinner and I have had two innocent third parties tell me the same thing with no prodding from me!! Yippeee!!!!!!

Our prayers go out to the rest of you. And if you want to include us in your general prayers for everyone and their pets, feel free. We certainly include all of you and yours in ours! :)

KayAnn
10-08-2001, 08:47 PM
is that my Sim on there? or is it the kitty Simba??? If so Simba doesnt need prayers for his ear..

Daisy's Mom
10-08-2001, 09:46 PM
I'm praying for all of you on the list! Kisses to you!

And Rachel youd efnitely deserve all our kindness and then some. You are kind, sweet, and caring, and whenever I read that email you sent me a while ago, it brings tears to my eyes. Love ya!

Stenograsaurus
10-09-2001, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by KayAnn:
<STRONG>is that my Sim on there? or is it the kitty Simba??? If so Simba doesnt need prayers for his ear..</STRONG>

Lablover asked me to add them to the list (Simba and Lilly) so I'm not sure what for or who for. Lablover, can you shed some light on the situation???

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

Stenograsaurus
10-09-2001, 10:45 AM
Okay, guys, I'm going to be honest here and say that I don't know why everyone was on the list, so I went back and did some research and the following is the updated list, along with who they were posted by or owned by and why they are on the special needs prayer list. Feel free to add anything that I missed.

Killian - Sudllar’s doggy - Liver disease
Bourbon - Pepper’s doggy - Cancer
Charlie - catcrazed’s roomate’s german shepherd who has seizures. How is he doing? Haven’t heard anything in a while. I wonder if he’s found a new home yet or if he’s just existing in his current one.
Clarice - Zippy cat’s cat - arthritis
Scrubber - delidog’s dog - old age
Max - posted by shais mom – kylie’s brother - he’s missing.
Hope - we all know that story
Sheba - kys - health problems (was it platelets?)
Tinker - zippy cat’s mom’s sick cat
Julie & kids - posted by zippy cat - missing
Sam - adore my dog’s co-worker’s dog - car accident & lost his leg
Hannah - Rachael's doggy - sick, don’t know why yet (or else I missed it)
Simba - ?? posted by lablover. Need more info, please.
Lilly - ?? posted by lablover. Need more info, please.

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

AdoreMyDogs
10-09-2001, 10:50 AM
I forgot to ask you to take Sam off the list...sowwy :( She is a happy, healthy 3 legged dog now. No brain damage or further spinal cord injury :)

Thanks everyone!!!

Stenograsaurus
10-09-2001, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs:
<STRONG>I forgot to ask you to take Sam off the list...sowwy :( She is a happy, healthy 3 legged dog now. No brain damage or further spinal cord injury :)

Thanks everyone!!!</STRONG>

Hooray for Sam. I'm doing another happy dance now. It's amazing how fast these guys can adjust to such a dramatic change.

Sudilar
10-09-2001, 05:43 PM
Yeah, Sam!! That's great news!

karen israel
10-10-2001, 08:57 AM
I should be so resiliant!! :rolleyes: Lots of paw/hand clapping for all our beloved pets who are off the list, and paws/fingers crossed to those whose names we hope are removed soon! Love, Karen & Cody!

Daisy's Mom
10-10-2001, 04:15 PM
Yay for Sam! I am so glad he is okay!

tatsxxx11
10-10-2001, 05:35 PM
Wow! What wonderful news Leslie!!! A happy, healthy San and a happy, happy mom for sure!! Yay!!!!!!

AdoreMyDogs
10-22-2001, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone. Thank you for including Sam in your prayers even though she is not my dog. I strongly believe in the power of prayer, and without it I don't know if Sam would have made it. I need your help again, I am afraid. I know this is the dog board but I need prayers sent to a little grey and white kitty named Oliver. He is owned by a girl who works in my same building and he was just diagnosed with a very rare and very serious form of cancer. He's only 2 years old. The vet said that he got cancer from being vaccinated, of all things. His owner is extremely afraid, this kitty is her baby. The biopsy will determine whether or not it is early enough to be treatable, or if it is terminal. She will do anything necessary to keep her baby alive, as long as he is not showing any signs of being in pain. We had a nice, heartfelt talk today and I promised that I would ask my friends here on Pet Talk to help with this very special young kitty. So please, if you have enough room in your prayers, add little Oliver because he sure could use the power of prayer right now. Thank you so much.

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

purrley
10-22-2001, 12:48 PM
There's plenty of room in my prayers and I'll sure say a very special one for dear Oliver. God Bless.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-22-2001, 12:54 PM
Of course we will pray for Oliver and send positive thoughts his way. We will pray that he has the strengh to beat this and be back to his old self. Daisy and Perry will also keep their paws crossed for good measure.
Jackie

pepper636
10-22-2001, 01:32 PM
I did not see this thread before. Thank you everyone for all your prayers for Bourbon. I always told Bourbon people from all over the world were praying for him.

As most of you probably know, I had to send Bourbon to the Bridge on October 11 at approximately 3:20 p.m. So you may remove him from the prayer list.

I miss him so much. I still can't believe he is gone. I loved him so much.

purrley
10-22-2001, 01:46 PM
Pepper - now people from all over the world send their prayers to you. I think of you every day and hope little by slowly your days will perk up and you'll be filled with the joy of your Bourbon's memory. God Bless you Pepper.

RachelJ
10-22-2001, 03:32 PM
Hannah seems to be 100% better, thanks to all those prayers, so I think she can come off the list.

zippy-kat
10-22-2001, 04:02 PM
Tinker's much better now! Thanks to all your support!

I haven't heard back from the lady who owned Julie & kids. I'll leave it up to you whether or not to take them off the list.

Daisy's Mom
10-22-2001, 04:07 PM
Prayers are coming Oliver's way!

tatsxxx11
10-22-2001, 04:59 PM
Leslie, extra, extra special prayers for "your" Oliver from me and my boy kitty, a one year old named Oliver too. This is so sad. Please let your friend know that another Oliver, and all of us, will pray that this precious one will be spared.

Diane, there isn't an day that goes by that you and Bourbon are not in my thoughts and prayers. As I wrote you, there are those here, many of us, who do know exactly how very, very sad you are; how much you miss Bourbon. Please know we love you, and Bourbon.

Sudilar
10-22-2001, 10:05 PM
Oliver will be included in my prayers.

Stenograsaurus
10-23-2001, 08:45 AM
Here's the updated list.

Charlie - catcrazed’s roomate’s german shepherd who has seizures. How is he doing? Haven’t heard anything in a while. I wonder if he’s found a new home yet or if he’s just existing in his current one.
Oliver - Adore My Dog's co-worker's cat - Cancer
Graham - Adore My Dog's dog - leg injury
Buddy - Lizbud's dog - mouth
Drake - Souraya's dog - injured in a dog fight
Dusty - Dixieland Dancer's dog - lump on head

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

shais_mom
11-07-2001, 08:44 AM
I just found out this morning that my boss' Cairn Terrier, Grant, had a seizure.
She just had him go to the vet yesterday, for Teeth and ear cleaning and she said he didn't come out of the anesthia very well. So she let him sleep with her last night and this morning at 5am he had a seizure. She is really freaking out b/c she knows what I just went thru with Shaianne. Shaianne's first seizure happened right after she went under anesthia.
Please add Grant to the Prayer list.
Thank you.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-07-2001, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom:
<STRONG>Shaianne's first seizure happened right after she went under anesthia. </STRONG>

Staci - you have me scared! On the day before we adopted her, Paula had a seizure while coming out from anesthesia for a dental cleaning. We haven't seen any more seizures in the time we've had her, but now you have put me on the alert!

I'll pray for poor little Grant. Hopefully, it was a one-time occurence.

Stenograsaurus
11-08-2001, 05:09 PM
Here's an updated list. My mind of not 100 percent today and I'm thinking I missed something, so please just let me know if I did.

Grant - shais mom's boss's dog - seizure

Daisy's Mom
11-08-2001, 09:34 PM
I'd like to add Dixieland Dancer's friend's puppies. Their mommy died during an emergency C-section and one of the little pups is having a hard time. I think we should also pray for their mommy, Candy.

*LabLoverKEB*
11-09-2001, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Stenograsaurus:
<STRONG>

Lablover asked me to add them to the list (Simba and Lilly) so I'm not sure what for or who for. Lablover, can you shed some light on the situation???

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]</STRONG>

Omg!!!! I'm am soooo sorry I didn't reply earlier! :o

I wanted to add Simba to the list, bacause of his ear. I'm sorry, KayAnn!

And I don't remember why I wanted to add Lilly to the list! :o I'm sorry, Logan!

If it's ok with Logan and KayAnn, you may take them off the list.

Sorry, everybody! :o

sammi
11-09-2001, 04:37 AM
I will say a prayer again for all these wonderful pets and owners. I will also add Dixie's friend and her 9 pups who lost their mom.

sammi
11-09-2001, 04:54 AM
FOR ZIPPY-CAT Did you ever hear what happened to that lady on another board that lost her dog and it had puppies? Think she was disabled and housebound.

AdoreMyDogs
11-09-2001, 06:14 AM
Just FYI...don't mean to upset you, but I don't want anyone wondering what the outcome was for Oliver, my co-workers' cat. Well I am afraid it is not good news at all. Oliver is terminal. The cancer has metastasized (sp?) beyond hope. He is going to live out his short life happy, and he will be sent to the rainbow bridge when he has pain or his quality of life is decreased.

As of now, he is just a happy kitten, he is not in pain and he's eating and drinking great. We had a good cry session last week when I heard the news :( She is taking it well, being responsible, and trying to stay strong.

Logan
11-09-2001, 06:49 AM
Oh, Leslie, I am so sorry to hear about Oliver. But I am glad he is at least comfortable and playing like a kitten. :( I will keep all of our friends in my prayers.

Logan

Dixieland Dancer
11-09-2001, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Daisy's Mom:
<STRONG>I'd like to add Dixieland Dancer's friend's puppies. Their mommy died during an emergency C-section and one of the little pups is having a hard time. I think we should also pray for their mommy, Candy.</STRONG>

Thanks for adding the puppies to the prayer list. They need all the prayers they can get now. And also my friend. Her name is Lynn. I am formally known as Candy - aka - Dixieland Dancer. Thanks for all your support.

shais_mom
11-24-2001, 08:03 PM
We can take Grant off the list (my bosses dog) he is doing just fine. We can take Max, I fear there is no hope for him now. God bless his little soul.
But I would like to add Keegan until I get her checked out at the vet with her lump.
Thank you.

evelyn1157
11-25-2001, 09:01 AM
i juz heard from my mom back home that my boxer of 7-8 yrs died yesterday.he wasn't eating on the day before he died and was dead the next day.why is this?is it due to his genes as he is a all white. :(

Daisy's Mom
11-25-2001, 11:04 AM
Evelyn I am so sorry about your boxer baby! I don't know how it happened but I am sorry that it did :(

zippy-kat
11-25-2001, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by sammi:
<STRONG>FOR ZIPPY-CAT Did you ever hear what happened to that lady on another board that lost her dog and it had puppies? Think she was disabled and housebound.</STRONG>

Sorry for not replying earlier, sammi! :o
I have no idea what happened. I've tried emailing her a couple of times but they were returned. :confused:

I guess we can take them off the list.

LabLoverKeb--Lily had an ear infection not too long ago, that may have been why you requested her to be put on the list.

Evelyn- I am very, very sorry to hear of your loss. {hugs}

shais_mom
11-25-2001, 02:04 PM
Evelyn I am sorry for your loss.

Stenograsaurus
11-25-2001, 09:39 PM
orphaned puppies - posted by Dixieland Dancer, owned by her friend, Lynn
Keegan - shais mom's dog - lump on her belly
Pup - three dogs and a mutt's dog - lump on his head
Zack - posted by Logan - her friend, Quanzhans dog - unexplainable nose bleeds while also battling many other illnesses.

Evelyn, I am so sorry about your boxer. :( A lot of people here has lost one of their furbabies and know what you're going through. If you need to express how you feel and what you're going through, this place is a great place to let it all out. We'll be here for you.

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Stenograsaurus ]

3-greys-and-a-mutt
11-27-2001, 07:59 AM
I was just going to add Pup to the list for the lump on her head, and I see that she has already been added! Thanks!

The lump has been diagnosed as fairly harmless, but if it doesn't go away naturally, she'll have to have surgery in 6 weeks to remove it! :eek: So, now I'm praying that it just goes away.

KYS
11-27-2001, 08:27 PM
So sorry evelyn1157 about
your boxer. I am sure you have
many questions on why, which
makes it even harder to understand.
Hugs and thoughts are with you.

Stenograsuarus: Sheba: platelets, and
Rocky's paw that picked up a
stubborn infection. :(

Daisy's Mom
11-28-2001, 07:34 PM
Pup I am glad your lump is harmless, and I'll pray that it goes away for you! Rocky and Sheba, yout wo get better soon!

Stenograsaurus
11-29-2001, 10:18 AM
Sheba - kys - platelets level
Keegan - shais mom's dog - lump on her belly
Pup - three dogs and a mutt's dog - lump on his head
Zack - posted by Logan - her friend, Quanzhans dog - unexplainable nose bleeds while also battling many other illnesses.
Rocky - kys's dog - paw infection

Sudilar
12-01-2001, 12:22 AM
Can I ask for just a few extra little prayers? Killian is having a spell of only eating half as much as he has been usually eating since last Saturday. I started his monthly meds early to try to help, but he is still not eating all his food. However, he is acting fine and at least he is eating something. These episodes scare me, but it is the nature of the disease. Thanks!!

Cinder & Smoke
12-01-2001, 01:02 AM
Aw, poor Killian :( ~ Got the twitchy tummie again? Prayers - we can do that. And we'll even cross some paws for our buddy Killian!

Hope you start feeling well enough to eat a full meal - that'll make your Mom feel good, too :D! Get better soon!

KYS
12-01-2001, 09:27 AM
Thank you Daisy's mom. :)

Sending extra prayers to Killian that
he is feeling better and his appetite
gets better.

tatsxxx11
12-01-2001, 02:58 PM
dEAR PaL kILLI! Star here. Oh KiLLI PAL, me and the Codster were so sad to hear that you were not feelin much like eatin. You know, you are one a our bestest buds. So, me and Cody thought what can we do to help KILLi feel better? So we knocked our heads together and put paw to paper and we wrote BOTH God AND Santa and promised that, if God would make you well again, we would be good FOREVER. And we also told Santa that he could keep all our Chrismy presents, including rawhides, cookies, balls, beds and stuffies. I think they were listening. So, pretty soon, we just know that you're gonna be woofin yer vittles down just like before. Well, that's our Chrismy wish for this year. We wish and pray that Killi, and all our critter pals who are feelin poorly gets well real soon. We love you Killi, our hero. Love, yer pals, Star and Cody

And Rocky and Sheba. You know how we IDOLIZE you guys. Please get better soon. We think about you ALL the time. And we said extra prayers and wrote Santa about you too! Love, Star and Cody, your pals forever.

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Sudilar
12-01-2001, 10:31 PM
Oh, Star and Cody, you are the bestest friends!!!! Don't give up your Crismiss presents for me. You could be good though!! (Aunt Sandra would like that! Ha-ha!) Mom is trying to get me to eat. She gave me some steak today even though it is a great big no-no (high protein). She said something is better than nothing. I ate it. I wouldn't eat anything else, though. I just don't have an appetite for a while. With your prayers, I'll problably pull through this episode, too. Mom says that the poisons in my blood don't get cleaned up in my liver so they go in my bloodstream and to my brain. It tells me I'm not hungry. Mom says these episodes will go on til the end. But that won't be for a long time though, right? Right! Thank you for sending me your love and prayers. Hugs to you guys!!
Love, Killi

Logan
12-01-2001, 10:52 PM
Oh, Sue. I know you are worried, and thank goodness Sandra let me know today that our Killian is playing those eating games again....

So....Killian, please eat, Please????? Your mama is so worried, therefore we are too!!

Hang in there, Sue. We will certainly keep our prayers for Killian going. :)

AdoreMyDogs
12-01-2001, 10:53 PM
Hi Killi it's your buddy Graham. Hey, i reely want you to eat up all of your kruncheees kause they are good for you, even if ya dont think your hungree. you are a good pal and i dont want you gettin sick agen. mom is also so sad to read that you are feelin not grate again...shes woreed about ya too. please eat up all your chow that your nise mom gives ya and please, please get better.
love,
Graham.

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

Daisy's Mom
12-02-2001, 12:56 AM
Prayer load is being doubled, Killi! Eat that kibble and get well soon!

3-greys-and-a-mutt
12-02-2001, 01:30 PM
Poor Killi! I'll double up on the prayers for him!

Can I add Buddy to the prayer list too? I just found tapeworms in his poo this morning... :eek: :( It's no biggie, but he will proably be uncomforatable until it is all cleared up :(

Daisy's Mom
12-02-2001, 09:53 PM
Aw, poor Buddy! I hope he feels better!

Sudilar
12-02-2001, 09:57 PM
Hope Buddy gets rid of those icky things quickly!!!

Stenograsaurus
12-03-2001, 11:31 AM
Killian - Sudilar’s doggy - Liver disease
Pup - three greys and a mutt's dog - lump on his head and tapeworm
Rocky - kys's dog - paw infection
molly - Iditrarodfan's dog - glaucoma

quanzhan
12-05-2001, 02:53 PM
Thank you , logan and everyone on the board for having Zack on your list. He will have his second part of heartworm treatment this Friday. I am very worried.
He is doing very well since he's home last Thursday. He had his first bark (first time to us), first belly rub (he was not intrested before, but he is crazy about it now) and he is such a clown to us.
Thank you so much for caring Zack so much. And we hope all furbabies here on the list are getting better soon.
Love
Quanzhan+Zack

purrley
12-05-2001, 02:55 PM
God Bless Zack - prayers galore for your wonderful baby!!!!!

tatsxxx11
12-05-2001, 03:13 PM
Belly up!! :) Yea!! And barks!! Quanzhan, it sounds like Zack is doing great! You and he will be in our prayers and hearts as he conquers this final hurdle. We are all her for you! Hugs to the beautiful Zack!! Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

KYS
12-06-2001, 08:27 PM
Stenograsaurus,

Next time you update your list,
It should be ok to remove Rocky. :)
I just got back from the vets,
and his paw is finally healing.
He still has to be under house arrest for
one more week and antibiotics, but
after that he should be able to
go outside again. Finally, poor dog
as been in the house for 5 weeks,
accept to pee and poop.
He probably has a bundle of pent up energy
to release. :)

shais_mom
12-07-2001, 12:01 AM
And Keegan can be taken of the list, The vet said that it was a common infection puppies get and put her on an antibiotic.
YEAH!!

*LabLoverKEB*
12-07-2001, 12:08 AM
YAY!!! I'm sooo glad, that Keegan is ok!

Staci, I just love your new signature!!! ;)

Sarah & Sadie*

tatsxxx11
12-07-2001, 07:22 AM
Yea!!! Rocky and Keegan are off "the list!" Poor Rockster! :( Down time for 5 weeks! Wow! You must be so anxious to get out and kick up your paws Rocky Man! Star and Cody send all their love to Rocky, Keegan and all the still feeling poorly puppins.

quanzhan
12-07-2001, 11:16 AM
I am very glad to share this with you, that the nose bleeding problem can be removed from Zack's healthy condition. The doctor found out that is caused by a broken bone from his nose, they did removed it and everything else looks fine (no turmor!).
But please keep Zack on the list, he just had his heartworm treatment part II today. and he still has his skin problem on his legs. thanks. and have a great day.

tatsxxx11
12-08-2001, 04:45 PM
Hi Quanzhan! Although it pains me to say this, I am glad to hear that the nose bleeding was due to a broken nose, and not a tumor! This sweetheart has been through SO much! I hope he is resting quietly and comfortably after his last heartworm treatment. Please give him my love. Has he had a chance to paw up his Xmas wish list yet? ;)

Stenograsaurus
12-08-2001, 07:06 PM
Killian - Sudilar’s doggy - Liver disease
Pup - three greys and a mutt's dog - lump on his head and tapeworm
Zack - Quanzhan's dog - Heartworm positive
Molly - Iditrarodfan's dog - glaucoma
LD - Pepper's dog - Heartworm positive

Sudilar
12-09-2001, 08:31 AM
Killian can be taken off the EXTRA prayer list for now. He is recovering from his episode and is eating much better again. Whew! Thanks for the extra prayers at this time. Please keep him on the general list, though. Thanks, again.

quanzhan
12-22-2001, 10:38 AM
Thanks so much for your prayers for Zack.
I have some very good news for you all. Zack is heartworm free now (He had the test yesterday). Thank you so much for being there for us during this very difficult time.
Please take his name off the list. Eventhough we still have to fight his skin problem (we have to stop all his treatment for his skin problem when he had that nose bleeds), but I think his name could be taken off from the list.
Thanks again.
Quanzhan + Zack

AdoreMyDogs
12-22-2001, 11:33 AM
Way to go, Killi! Atta boy! I am so glad to hear you are feeling better, and the episode is overwith...way to go, buddy.

And Zack! You have a new, healthy, worm free heart :) That must be so wonderful! You are going to enjoy a future filled with good health and a long life, thanks to your wonderful new mom who made it all possible for you! Way to go Zack and Quanzhan!!!

Albea
12-22-2001, 12:16 PM
What good news Zack :D Now you can have a merry and healthy holiday season with your loving family. Just don't steal any Christmas treats from any counter ;)
Quanzhan, best wishes to you and yours. And thank you for giving Zack a new chance for a happy future.
From Alicia and Carina.

jackiesdaisy1935
12-22-2001, 01:15 PM
Killi and Zack, I am so happy to hear that you both are doing better, it does make the holiday much happier to hear about our two babies on the mend. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year.
Jackie

Logan
12-22-2001, 01:23 PM
Quanzhan!! What terrific news!!! :D :D :D Hurrah for you and Zack!! What a Merry Christmas it will be!!! :)