PDA

View Full Version : B&W kitten, Dawson, Went to Rainbow Bridge :o(

kimlovescats
09-30-2003, 12:46 PM
You remember the litter of 5 black/white kittens that were slowly being trapped and brought to me? The first 3 ... Gypsy (all black-adopted), Teddy (Tuxie - adopted) and Dudley (aka Beauty til I realized she was a he). Well, the lady finally trapped #4 .... Dawson, but he was sick from the first day here. I have been "doctoring" him for the past 2 weeks. He had that horrible URI infection, plus some sort of abscess on his face ...... we were treating him with antibiotic shots, local antibiotics, force feeding, giving subcue fluids... the whole shebang. The most upsetting part is that he made his first real signs of improvement on Sunday night. For the first time, he drank water from his bowl, and licked the Nutri-Cal from my fingers! Normally I have been syringe-forcing everything down him. I was so hopeful and sure he was on the comeback. Unfortunately he passed away to Rainbow Bridge that next morning... Monday. :( :( :(
This is my first loss in all the 30+ cats/kittens I have taken in, but I tell ya ... I don't know if I can handle another one.

:(

Logan
09-30-2003, 12:50 PM
Kim, I am so sorry to learn about your losing Dawson. You do such a wonderful job. It was bound to happen at some point, but I can understand how discouraging and upsetting it is for you. :( But I'm glad he knew love and care in your loving hands instead of dying out in the wild on his on.

Hang in there, and keep that chin up!!! Remember how many have thrived under your love and care.

Rest in peace, sweet Dawson.

Kater
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
((((((HUGS)))))))
I can't even imagine what you are feeling now, Kim. :( Well, to be honest I can. I lost two kittens in a litter of six I fostered when I was still in high school and living at home. I was totally devastated when I found two kittens dead one morning! They were runty and kind of funny looking and I felt guilty that I hadn't given them some advantage, like time alone with the Mom to nurse. It is a horrible horrible thing to go through. Please don't blame yourself, you were doing everything you could! Maybe this little kitten just wasn't meant to be, but you showed Dawson tremendous kindness in his short life's last few days. What a gift you have given him before his quick and peaceful trip to the Rainbow Bridge!

I really hope this doesn't end your fostering. There are so many others that need your loving kindness! But take the time you need to mourn, I still feel horribly about losing my two "moon men"-- I even called them names because they were funny looking. :(
(((((MORE HUGS)))))

kimlovescats
09-30-2003, 12:57 PM
http://www.kimscats.com/RestInPeaceDawson.jpg

This was his first day with me ... you can see he doesn't feel well.
:(

ramanth
09-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Oh Kim. *HUGS* I'm so sorry to hear about Dawson.

He was gorgeous and he'll be waiting for you, knowing you loved him.

ChrisH
09-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Kim, I am so, so sorry. :(

Rest in Peace little Dawson.

Hugs
Chris

Cinder & Smoke
09-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Dear Kim ~ Don't despair...

We'd bet that Lil Dawson perked up on Sunday as his
way of saying ~

"Thanks, Mom -
for all the Care and Love you gave me...
But, I gotta run - God's Callin me at The Bridge... ;)
Luv Ya!! :) "

{{{Hugs}}}, Kim.

/s/ Phred

PayItForward
09-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Kim, we are sending {{{hugs}}}.

RIP Dawson, be happy on the bridge :(

But how lucky to have nursed, cared for and rehomed 30 cats before you lost one and how many will you help in the future (Probually countless).

Cataholic
09-30-2003, 01:33 PM
My heart breaks for you, Kim.
RIP sweet Dawson.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about Dawson. :( He was such a little cutie, and like Logan said, at least he knew love and comfort with you instead of out in the cold all alone.

And yea, what Phred said too.

I can only imagine what you're going through, but I know you did your best to save him and he was just needed at RB, it's nothing you did or didn't do.

{{{hugs}}} to you. And thanks for being there for Dawson and all the others that you've helped - and will help. You are such an angel to so many, even Dawson.

RIP sweetie. Play hard at the bridge. :D

zippy-kat
09-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Oh Kim! My heart breaks for and with you. Rest sweetly, dear Dawson. :(

K & L
09-30-2003, 02:27 PM
Oh that's so sad. What did the vet say he had?

carole
09-30-2003, 02:29 PM
I am so very sad to hear lil Dawson did not make it , my heart goes out to you Kim, at least the lil fella had warmth, care and love in his last day's.
You are an inspiration to us all, don't despair,think of all the lives you have saved.
REST IN PEACE LIL DAWSON.

Killearn Kitties
09-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Aww he was absolutely gorgeous and what a beautiful memorial.
Rest in peace sweet baby.

Barbara
09-30-2003, 02:39 PM
I feel with you!
Now he's playing at Rainbow bridge -healthy and happy!

slick
09-30-2003, 02:40 PM
Oh Kim I'm crying for you right now. You must be absolutely devastated. Dawson knew how much you loved him but God must have needed him for some special task at the RB. Hugs to you Kim for all you do.

lizbud
09-30-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm so sorry Kim. :( Dawson was the cutest little guy. So tiny.
Play happy at the Bridge little fur angel. R.I.P. Dawson

jazzcat
09-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Kim I'm so sorry. I'm just thankful you were able to give him comfort and love and made his last days better.

Steffi N
09-30-2003, 06:48 PM
Kim, I am sorry for the loss of sweet little Dawson. He was fortunate to know warmth, comfort and love from you. You are an angel.

Miss Meow
09-30-2003, 07:26 PM
I'm so sorry Kim {{{hugs}}}. Rest in peace little Dawson.

rg_girlca
09-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Oh Kim, I am so sorry to hear of little Dawson's passing. As others have said, at least he knew love and comfort in the short time he was with you. Bless you Kim for trying everything you possibly could have done for this precious little one.

Thanks, Mom -
for all the Care and Love you gave me...
But, I gotta run - God's Callin me at The Bridge...
Luv Ya!! "

You said it Phred.

My heart goes out to you Kim, take care of yourself.

Rest in Peace little Dawson

moosmom
09-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Kim,

I'm so sorry to hear about Dawson. He was such a beautiful boy! RIP precious little Dawson.

Lorraine
09-30-2003, 09:28 PM
Kim, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. You are truly an angel and God Bless you for your kind and loving heart.
Please take care! {{{{hugs}}}}

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about Dawson's passing. :( Just remember that you did everything humanly possible for him and I know that he appreciated it and felt loved too. You've done so much for all of your cats and I'm sure you'll meet Dawson again someday up at Rainbow Bridge. RIP sweet Dawson.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-01-2003, 07:55 AM
Kim, I am so sorry:(

At least little Dawson got to know what it felt like to be held and loved, and when he went to the RB he was in a warm, safe place.

He will be watching over you and all your kitties from the Rainbow Bridge, and I KNOW he wouldn't want you to be sad, or to stop fostering!

(((HUGS)))

kimlovescats
10-01-2003, 08:25 AM
I really appreciate all the kind words for both Dawson and me. It has been very difficult, and reading these nice posts does bring on the tears. I really hate looking at his picture, and the look in his eyes... he was looking me straight in the eye when he passed in my bathroom floor.... wrapped in a towel, while I was crying over him and petting him, telling him it was "ok" to let go. I truly believe that they wait for the proper timing before giving up. I will NEVER forget the look in his pitiful little eyes. :( :( :(

I am trying to get it off my conscious mind by focusing on my other kitties / rescues / and new baby Autumn who all need me right now. That's the only way I can continue this, is to just keep on "keepin' on".

Hugs to all.

Kim;)

K & L
10-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Oh Kim, my heart goes out to you. Hang in there, time will ease the pain.

catmandu
10-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Rest in Peace , Little Dawson. And you are going to a Better Place , where you will never be a Stray! And you will never want for anyhting and have lots of warmth , Food and Love! And God Bless You , Kim for Caring and posting Dawsons picture!