PDA

View Full Version : Fall Blockbuster

trinity
09-30-2003, 06:06 AM
Ok here it is! The hottest fall blockbuster yet..."Oatmeal vs the Dreaded Furnace Monster"

We brought Oatmeal intot he house to begin his life as a spoiled housecat back in June,so the furnace was not running. Well it is getting down right cold at the moment in Pennsylvania so when we got home from work last night I didn't give hubby a choice and told him we were turning the furnace on...I hate shivering. So we flipped the switch...and Oatmeal was just a wee bit freaked out by the sudden noise and all that warm air suddenly blowing over his nap spot in front of the TV. It was kind of funny to watch the expressions on his face and the body language. Took about 15 minutes before he realized the noise and warm air were a good thing....he's hooked. I got extra rubs this morning while getting ready for work."Thanks Mom! I like this inside cat stuff....":)

catlover4ever
09-30-2003, 07:16 AM
Mystic and Abner were the exact same way when the furnace kicked on. As a matter of fact, almost any noise will scare the daylights out of them and when that happens they usually end up sending their food dishes flying.

We have yet to kick on the furnace so when I get up in the morning and I shower I use a little portable heater and when I get out of the shower I usually have at least 2 of the kids laying right in front of it hogging all of the heat.