PDA

View Full Version : Good samaritan II

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 12:50 PM
Have you ever been a Good Samaritan??

How have you helped out someone in need, danger???

I did save a boy from drowning once...

I was swimming at a lake when a woman began yelling to her kid, who was behind me.

I heard him splashing and gurgling so I went into rescue mode!! I moved to where he was flailing away, and reached out to him.

Of course, he would not have been so panicked had I not grabbed him by the throat to hold him up.

I managed to get his arm and move him to the shallow water..His mom was pretty thankful and to
this day I wonder why....I almost killed the kid by grabbing him by the neck!!!!

just my luck....:eek:

tomkatzid
09-29-2003, 01:13 PM
WOW, Richard. I haven't saved anyones life but I did pay for a little old ladies gas. When I was in Oregon helping take care of my Mom I had to gas up my car. They ask you how your paying cash or debit card, only 2 choices. Inside, in line, is a lady trying to use a credit card, they won't let her. There are like 7 people waiting to pay. She has no money, no check book, just credit cards. Everyone is getting pissed and she is getting scared. She is in her 70's , at least. I just walked to the front of the line and said I will pay for your gas today. She said, but it's $20.00. I paid, she was in shock. So were all the other people in the store. I paid for mine, out of turn, before the 7 others. And left. She never offered to pay me back with a check in the mail. But I think that was because she was shocked that someone helped her. The reason I did it was she is someones Mom, and how bad they would feel if they knew she were in that situation. Or she is at least someones daughter and they would be scared for her.
Even though she was a little old lady that day.

Katz

slick
09-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Does adopting/rescuing cones count??

Fuzzy317
09-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by slick
Does adopting/rescuing cones count??

I know rescuing does. Saving a life, is saving a life, either its from drowning or from being PTS.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-29-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
How have you helped out someone in need, danger???

I did save a boy from drowning once...

I was swimming at a lake when a woman began yelling to her kid, who was behind me.

I heard him splashing and gurgling so I went into rescue mode!! I moved to where he was flailing away, and reached out to him.

Of course, he would not have been so panicked had I not grabbed him by the throat to hold him up.

I managed to get his arm and move him to the shallow water..His mom was pretty thankful and to
this day I wonder why....I almost killed the kid by grabbing him by the neck!!!!

My daddy did too... :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-30-2003, 02:28 AM
At my son's 4th Birthday party, his cousins brought along some extra children (quite rude, I thought, as I had NOT been asked beforehand). Anyway Aunt and Uncle proceeded to settle themselves down close to the buffet table, and totally ignore their own kids, plus the 3 strangers thet had brought along. (Apparently they had offered to look after them for the day without realising that it was the same day as Cameron's party). Anyway the little girl (maybe around 5 or 6) marched straight up to the pool, jumped in and sank like a stone. I sprinted accross the garden,jumped in fully dressed (RUINED my watch and sneakers) and pulled her out. No-one else has even noticed she had gone in the water!

It was a happy ending, but I shudder to think what the outcome would have been if I hadn't happened to be looking in the direction of the pool when she jumped in. The Aunt and Uncle's only comment "Oh yeah, her mother mentioned that she couldn't swim, but LOVES water" DUH!!!

I have also stopped on the highway for a couple of accidents and breakdowns, not because I can do anything mechanical, but usually just to let the person who is stuck use my Mobile phone.

AmberLee
09-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
...The Aunt and Uncle's only comment "Oh yeah, her mother mentioned that she couldn't swim, but LOVES water"...

OMG!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

So glad that you were alert. What a tragedy there almost was!