PDA

View Full Version : "The Arthritis Cure for Pets"

Albea
09-29-2003, 08:56 AM
I thought that some of the Pet Talkers with older dogs might be interested in this book I just bought:
"The Artritis Cure for Pets" by Brian Beale, DVM, and Brenda Adderly, MHA. It has some useful information that we can all use.

Logan
09-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks, Alicia, for the link. We only have one that truly is affected by arthritis, and that would be Murphy. We give her Glucosimine/Choindrointen (sp??) daily, plus when she is extra stiff, I supplement her with Rimadyl. Poor baby, she tries to be a puppy at times, but she is so very stiff getting up and down.

I need to look into this, as I have three others who will enter that arthritic stage in the not so distant future. Honey already has a touch of it, and she is not yet 5.

Logan

anna_66
09-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Thanks Alicia, as Angus is in this stage, we also give him a Glucosimine/Choindrointen suppliment.
I'll have to check the book out:)

wolfsoul
10-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Thanks. :) My pooches don't have arthritis but it's always something good to prevent. I prefer buying the food that has glucosamine and chondroitin in it as the supplements here are almost 30 dollars a bottle. :eek: Can't wait until I have a job. :p