PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite place?

slleipnir
09-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Whats your favorite place to go to relax or whatever thats peaceful? I love it at my cottage, esp this time of year. Its private property so there is only the ppl who have cottages in the area that are around. Its a small, quite area that is right by the shore. At night, there is no street lamps or lights other then some on the cottages, so you can see the sky very clearly without lights blocking it out. This time of year is perfect as most ppl have returned ot their winter homes. There is almost no one out there now. I can take the dogs and let them run around and play in the feilds or water and they love it. I love being able to let them off leash, we have a fenced in area at the HS but Josie seems anti social with dogs lately :( Another great reason to be out there is I don't have to worry :) You can be walking along, and all you hear is the crikets, sound of the waves, and the wind blowing. Its so relaxing, I love it :D

Whats your place?

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 10:04 PM
The Humane Society.

As it's sad they're all there, I love to just go and pet and talk to all of the dogs and kitties. :)

slleipnir
09-28-2003, 10:08 PM
I can't go..it makes me want them all then be upset I can't take them..I'm weird..I know..

GoldenRetrLuver
09-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Anywhere around animals. Most likely, the dog park. :)

CathyBogart
09-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Oddly enough, my college campus. I'll have to take some pictures, it's a beautiful place. A lot of it is really wild, and there are little bridges over the creek that runs through the campus...there are deer and rabbits and all sorts of wildlife on campus if you're patient enough to look for them. :)

binka_nugget
09-28-2003, 11:36 PM
Laying in bed with my two puppers beside me :D For me, nothing can beat that.

carole
09-29-2003, 01:06 AM
My favourite place is my home, being here with my husband and children and my two lovely cats, all cosy and warm on a cold winters night, just chilling out in front of the box.(tv).

Desert Arabian
09-29-2003, 06:12 AM
COTTAGE COTTAGE COTTAGE! I LOVE MY COTTAGE!!!!!

I also like to go up to horse camp on the weekends, or even my bedroom to relax- and play with the rats! :D

mugsy
09-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Now, I like to be somewhere with my dogs....but, my all time favorite place is the north shore of Lake Superior. So awesome...

Chinadoll
09-29-2003, 10:26 AM
My house. I love my house. It's just me, the critters and occasionally Joey. It's always quiet unless I'm blaring music when I'm cleaning. My bathroom has a jacuzzi tub with stain glass overhead...very relaxing. Or I can lay on my bed in my room with wall to wall books and read while watching the occasional squirrel run across the skylight.

I have two other favorite places. The bookstore. I love curling up in one of the big leather chairs and reading. I could spend all day there. The other is Audubon Park. I'll bring some bread and sit in the grass by the water and the ducks will come up to me so I can feed them. Then the ducks are joined by the squirrels and birds. It's very peaceful and pretty.

EssTer
09-29-2003, 10:39 AM
I love to relax in stable with horses :)

cloverfdx
09-29-2003, 10:40 AM
the park on a sunny summers afternoon, playing with about 20 wet, happy, playfull dogs. *cant get any better than that*

and the beach in winter, i dont know it makes me feel weird :o sort of happy i guess. *sighs*

isis
09-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I can't go..it makes me want them all then be upset I can't take them..I'm weird..I know..

Kinda like me!

RubyMutt
09-29-2003, 01:20 PM
The beach. Most of the beaches in my city are usually pretty empty so it's not too crowded when I'm trying to get away from people ;) Plus, one of them is an off-leash dog beach so that makes it even better :)

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 03:44 PM
Around the L.A. basin there are tons of mountains.

There is one spot called Mount Wilson, they have an observatory, a hang gliding area, 20 giant televison antennas and one of the
best views of los angeles...

On a clear day you can see Catalina Island, 26 miles away.

At night it's spectacular!! You can see almost all of Los Angeles county...
:eek:

Logan
09-29-2003, 03:47 PM
I love the mountains, and the ocean, but my favorite place is wherever my family is, including all the pets. That means that right now, my favorite place is in my bedroom, with one or two cats sleeping on the foot of my bed, all four dogs, sleeping on the floor around us, and my husband right beside me, and our kids in their beds, dreaming happily!! :) Sound corny???? Probably!!! But that's it for me!!!!!

slick
09-29-2003, 04:21 PM
That's a hard decision to make. BC has so many beautiful mountains and lakes and that's why I love it here so much. I really don't have any one fav place but what makes me feel the most relaxed is either on the ocean in a boat or high up on a mountain. I practically grew up in a campground and being out with nature is what pleases me the most.

Am I cheap date or what??:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
The bathroom..

bah... I'm joking... lol.

I love being up north at our camper... sitting around the fire.... my pooch lying next to me... nice warm fire, no one is talking, just staring quietly at the fire... nice cool night... my nephew...

*big smile*

The beach in winter... sounds neat, cloverfdx... I'd enjoy it, unfortunately there aren't many oceans in Wisconsin... :rolleyes: Darn.

Also, sitting in the tree in the backyard of my house.. so quiet. Otherwise, lying on the bed with Abby or Gavin... :D