PDA

View Full Version : what was the name of the first cat you ever had??

tikeyas_mom
09-28-2003, 09:30 PM
What was the name of the first cat you have ever owned in your life that you can remeber.

My very first cat was named Fuzzy Wazze and he was a pitch black cat with orange eyes, he dyed because he had bladder crystals :(:(..

NEVER FEED NONAME BRAND CAT FOOD they can cause really bad problems in your cat. my first cat dyed because we fed him no name brand cat food.

Fox-Gal
09-28-2003, 10:06 PM
My first cat was Snowpaws, I got her when I was 5, she was a stray I talked my mother into picking up. She was my baby....she lived with me 29 years till her health got so bad that we had to let her go. She was the most unique cat, very special to the whole family.

krazyaboutkatz
09-28-2003, 11:08 PM
The first cat that my family owned was named Smokey. He was a very large gray tabby cat and was a real sweetheart. :) A neighbohood kid came to our door and told my mom that if he didn't find a home for him then he would have to be put to sleep. My mom didn't want this to happen so she adopted him. We had him for at least 3-4 years before he died. He got hit by a car. :(

RedHedd
09-28-2003, 11:10 PM
My first cat was Syee - a white-pawed beautiful blue eyed Siamese mix who just wandered in one day when I was a kid and stayed. She became my cat, I grew up with her. She mioved with me when I left home to get married. She disappeared after living a good long life - I guess she left to die - she was 20+ years old. I will never forget her.

carole
09-29-2003, 01:03 AM
My first cat was Sooti Number 1, I used to pray to god everynight when I was a child for a kitten, my prayers were answered in an unusual way, the old lady down the road, with whom I had be-friended sadly died, but she left behind two kittens and guess what I got one of them, the lovely all black one.

They say god works in mysterious ways,......hmmmm.....

tomkatzid
09-29-2003, 01:06 AM
PUFF, he was 24 pounds
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p3eb8cf8ba1695ebdc74f658869f19142/fc15624b.jpg

Uabassoon
09-29-2003, 01:19 AM
My very first cat was named Vermillion.

Former User
09-29-2003, 01:44 AM
I don't remeber all that much from that cat because I was so young, but I know her name was Pörri and she was grey-white.

neko1
09-29-2003, 03:11 AM
The family cat when I was born was named Smokey. She was a calico. My second family cat was named Missy. She was a tabby.

BastetsMum
09-29-2003, 04:30 AM
My first cat was a feral called Spot. He had a large black spot on his back and was deep blue. I dunno how old he was but I could pat him. I couldn't keep him as such because my family are a bunch of cat haters. I dunno what happened to him. Now I really have a cat and she is called Bastet.

jenluckenbach
09-29-2003, 05:55 AM
The first cats I can remember were 2 kitties a school friend gave me. They lived outdoors (as all my cats had to in those days :( :( ). A grey tabby named Space Dust and an all black kitty who came with the name Nigger (which I hated) so I called him Hopeless. (the school friend's middle name was Hope but she always said Hopeless, so I named him for her)

The next 3 barn kitties I remember were Marshal, an all white, Angelfish, a grey tabby with BOLD black stripes and Roadrunner, a brown tabby semi-long hair.

My Very first indoor house pet was beautiful Brighteyes. All white with a tabby striped tail. We got her a month after we were married.

rosethecopycat
09-29-2003, 07:04 AM
The first cat in my life, I was 5 and lived with my Aunt & Uncle, they got a beautiful cross-eyed Seal Point and called her Pricella. (Nelle)
She lived a long life.
Then I got my first cat, named Qat.
He was a Tuxedo with a double blaze.

Then in started my love affair with Siamese and Tuxedoes!

:p

moosmom
09-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Mollie Rose, now 9 years old. :D

ScantyNebula
09-29-2003, 07:39 AM
My first cat was a black cat named Diamond. I was so young that I can't remember him, but was told about him - and how my parents got rid of him because he would scratch me ...

Logan
09-29-2003, 08:02 AM
My first cat was one that my sister always claimed "followed her home" from school! I was probably 4-5 years old. We named her Tinkerbell, and she was a Tuxedo. She was also very pregnant and gave birth, shortly after, to five kittens. I don't remember much about Tinkerbell, other than the kittens, but my mom told me later, when I asked, that she died after the kittens were born. We kept one kitten and found homes for all the others. Sleepy Petunia was the name of the one we kept. Unfortunately, after we moved to a new home, Sleepy was killed by a truck in front of our house.

Then came Tigger, who lived 18 years, long after we were gone from our home! :)

catlover4ever
09-29-2003, 08:14 AM
My first cat was named Sugar. I got her when I was 8. She ended up hating me and would not let me near her. It's funny but at that age I just wanted her with me all the time and I did not understand why she would not want to be with me. Now I look back and think that if I only left her alone when she wanted to be left alone she probally would have been more lovable to me.

Sammy was the first cat I could call all my own. He showed up when I was around 14. He would wait at the bus stop with me every morning and would be waiting at the very same spot each and every afternoon. I lost Sammy to Feline Leukemia. He had such purrsonality, a typical Orangie.

09-29-2003, 08:14 AM
My first cat was an orangie and was called "Twist"!

Edwina's Secretary
09-29-2003, 09:29 AM
My sister's boyfriend gave her a black kitten. She was named Tally -- after the boyfriend Talmadge! My sister was in college some distance away so Tally became the family cat.

I brought home a calico named Cleo -- she had high cheek bones and i thought she looked like Cleopatra.

Barbara
09-29-2003, 09:32 AM
My first cat was Grisette. She looked like a Russian Blue although she had been from a feral litter and Grisette means "little grey one".

Samantha Puppy
09-29-2003, 09:35 AM
Sherman. He adopted my family in 1993 and he's still takin' charge of the house and the neighborhood! :)

cloverfdx
09-29-2003, 09:42 AM
The first cat i remember is a feral/stray Tuxedo who we called Sylvester , he was a HUGE male, but he disapeared when we moved house and was never seen again :(

but MY first ever inside/outside cat was tiger and dainty lil Calico, female who i was given by a friend of mine who's parent would not have their cats spayed (2 Tuxedo sisters). then i got porky (i didnt name him) and his twin brother Buster (pretty light cream tabbys)

catmandu
09-29-2003, 09:43 AM
the first Cat that my family owned was a Beutiful Black Cat that had white spreckles on his fur! We called him Frsting as it loked as though the Lord had sprinkled him with white frosting. Then there was Missy , George , Lester and Charles. And Sinbad, and Suzie. My first Cat on my own was Pouncer , then Mr. Scrappy. And I miss them all! even though I know that they are waiting for me!In Cat Heaven!

catland
09-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
PUFF

So was mine:D :D He was also black and white, a little more black than your picture.

Freckles
09-29-2003, 10:39 AM
JINX In the late '50s.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/peaca46e7532e1648abd124933b85ce11/fcd8689f.jpg

ramanth
09-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Sable. :) He was a 7 year old black cat that had been abandoned out in the country. He was kinda like the Tramp. Had a different name at all the houses in the area.. (Blackie, Daddy Cat, Tom Boy, ect.)

When we built our house out there, my parents would find him sleeping on the bags of cement and lumber. Mom, my sisters, and I would feed him hotdogs and when the house was complete, he stuck around, much to dad's chagrin. ;) :D

He died of cancer at age 15. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Emma

Cataholic
09-29-2003, 01:37 PM
My first kitty was Queenie. She loved me more than anyone else, in fact, she disfavored other people! She was a DLH calico. I have one black and white picture of her, drinking from the kitchen sink. I must have been about 14 when she left me.

PayItForward
09-29-2003, 02:19 PM
My parents were given a beautiful calico for their wedding present from my grandfather. She was called Belinda, Lindy for short.

She grew up with me and & my two siblings and enjoyed being an inside/outside kitty to live to an old age. I think she was 18 when she died, she had to be PTS due to kidney problems.

Gosh I hadn't thought about Lindy for ages.

feeling frisky
09-29-2003, 02:53 PM
My first kat was Soupy. My grandfather let me pick him out when I was 4.My mom was pregnet and I felt left out. He died on my 16th birthday.Mom didn't tell me tho till the next day.He was my best friend and I think I was his. He was really good at keeping secrets. He was a long haired calico with green eyes. I picked him out of over 100 on my grandpa's farm because of those eyes.

krazyaboutkatz
09-29-2003, 10:28 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tomkatzid
PUFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My second cat was also named Puff. I was only 8 years old when I got her from a friend. She was only about 8 weeks old and a DLH orange tabby. She was supposed to be my cat but became more of my Mom's cat. She had 2 litters of all orange kittens and her best friend was our dog Lucky. She passed away when I was away at college and my Mom didn't tell me until later because she didn't want to me to be upset. Here's a picture of her.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p9b62e0a22c91f28a36f619d828a1196c/fcb96aca.jpg

jazzcat
09-30-2003, 12:32 AM
Ripley is my first cat. He is now 11 1/2 years old.

mruffruff
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Blackjack adopted me. He was a stray that came onto my porch and literally rolled over on his back, begging to be petted. I fed him for a few weeks before letting him inside to meet the dogs. He took over and taught the dogs who was in charge:D

I had him neutered and tested and got all of his shots. He slept on one side of me while my 65 lb dog slept on the other. He was a very well behaved cat; stayed off of counters, didn't scratch furniture, used the doggy door, wore a collar (which he kept losing).

I took him for his booster shots exactly one year later. The next day he disappeared.

He taught me how wonderful cats can be.

Mary

Kater
09-30-2003, 01:07 PM
The names of my first cats were Mouse & Boogie Woogie. Mouse was a black and white little tuxie runt and Boogie Woogie was her diluted grey tabby sister. My parents adopted them from the Hawaiian Humane Society and surprised me with them one day after a dentist appointment!!!

We kept them outdoors due to allergies in the family. I would put them into a dog crate (we made shelves and put a litterbox and such inside) at night, but sometimes I couldn't even find them. They disappeared after a few months. :(
I looked for them for weeks and weeks. I will NEVER keep cats outdoors again. :( :( :(

Later we adopted Nipo from the humane society and as an indoor cat she has lived with us for over 8 years! All we have to do is take allergy medicine daily, keep her out of the bedrooms and wash our hands after brushing her or petting her! It is SO worth it!

wolfsoul
09-30-2003, 03:35 PM
My first cat was a white cat with grey blotches named Ladie. :) She was eaten by coyotes. :( I must stress not to let a cat roam where coyotes could be. :( I was only 4 at the time.