PDA

View Full Version : My New Puppy's Medical Records

purrley
12-12-2001, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone I have some concerns on what to do about my puppy's medical records. The girl I bought her from is my son-in-law's sister and I guess she's dingy as hell. She said she has my pup's records locked in a strong box and one of her kids has lost the key. She keeps promising them to me but I haven't seen them yet. Now I'm not sure if she really has any at all. My question is since she claims the pup is up to her third set of shots - should I believe that and go get the third set of shots or should I start from scratch and bring her up to where she's suppose to be right now. The girl is so irresponbile and has put me in a bad position. :mad: :mad:

aly
12-12-2001, 09:58 AM
Sounds like she doesn't have them at all. Why don't you call your vet and get advice on what to do. I don't think it hurts them if they get their shots twice, but I can't tell you for sure.

Good luck!

Logan
12-12-2001, 10:00 AM
Purrley,
Why don't you either ask her, or your son in law, who the veterinarian is. Then you could call and confirm that the puppies did indeed get their shots. I can't imagine 3 sets of shots already on a new puppy though. But, don't trust me because I can't remember!! LOL! I just remember that when mine were puppies, we had to keep going to the vet for a while for those series of shots.
Logan

tatsxxx11
12-12-2001, 04:47 PM
I was going to say precisely what Logan did...Ask her for the vets' name and call! I ASSUME the name of the vet isn't locked in the box! :rolleyes:

purrley
12-13-2001, 06:50 AM
Here's an update on this post. Yesterday I took Tess to my vet, got her vaccinated and established a record of my own for her. This made me feel so much better. It wasn't worth the aggrevation to persue getting her past records. This gal is so irresponsible - I just want her out of it now anyway.