PDA

View Full Version : have we had a favourite dessert thread.......

carole
09-28-2003, 09:22 PM
If not then this is the place for me, I don't know where to begin, being a sweet tooth unfortunately, there are so many I enjoy.

Pavlova

Baked Cheesecake

Baked Alaska

Chocolate Log

Ice Cream and more Ice Cream.

Apple Strudel

Apple Crumble, with custard and ice cream and whipped cream.

Trisamu dessert cake

Oh I could go on and on forever, so please take over and tell me your dessert delights. cheers.:) :D

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Caramel-Pecan Cheesecake.

I just ate a slice of it. :p ;) :D

carole
09-28-2003, 09:43 PM
kayann glad to see you have time for dessert, just joshing with ya, but seriously mmh you are making me hungry................

tomkatzid
09-28-2003, 09:44 PM
What is Pavlova:confused:

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Well, if breakfast was at this time, i'd have time for it too. :p

carole
09-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Pavlova is a traditional Kiwi dessert, marshmallowy inside with a crisp outer meringue type shell outside, covered in whipped cream and decorated with fruit, of your choice , kiwi fruit is often used.

We have it a xmas time, and special occassions, and its always at the dessert bar in most buffet restaurants in NZ.

You must have missed my recipe on the recipe thread a while back.

Does it tempt your taste-buds, its low in fat, high in sugar, and of course when you add the cream its both high in fat and sugar. sob sob!!!!!

P.S It is made up of egg whites and sugar, and cooked in the oven, then cooled and decorated.

slleipnir
09-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Cheesecake?! -drools- I want some!!! -drools more-

carole
09-28-2003, 10:09 PM
slleipnir stop drooling, you are making so much of a mess on this thread, put your bib on, just kiddin , ooh what i would do for some baked cheesecake right now,:) :D

carole
09-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Enough is ENOUGH, I'm off to the the freezer and making myself a hokey pokey ice cream.

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 10:11 PM
I *HATE* regluar cheesecake. The only kind I like is when my mom makes her baked chocolatechip, raspberry, or caramel pecan. :p

carole
09-28-2003, 10:15 PM
I don't mind a very small amount of regular cheesecake, they sell these mouthfuls at our local cafe, raspberry cheescake covered in chocolate, expensive as like $1.20 and its only one mouthful, small one too, but very decadent.

Yep baked cheesecake is the BEST I AGREE.

Miss Meow
09-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce

Any kind of chocolate cake, warm, with ice cream

Pavlova

Baked cheesecake

I once had a raspberry souffle with chocolate sauce that was to die for :)

Banana fritters with ice cream

Lemon tart

Hedgehogs

I love desserts :) If I'm out for dinner, I always look at the dessert menu first ;)

slleipnir
09-28-2003, 10:50 PM
-puts dish under mouth to collect drool- I like strawberry cheesecake..I think I'll eat almost any kind of creesecake

krazyaboutkatz
09-28-2003, 10:53 PM
I have a big sweet tooth and love almost any kind of dessert. Some of my favorites are:

pecan pie
cheesecake
carrot cake
pistachio ice cream
rice pudding
oatmeal raisin cookies
chocolate chip cookies
anything with custard in it
almost any kind of chocolate

wolf_Q
09-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Mmm.......CHEESECAKE! Love that stuff!

Has anyone ever had Snickers Cake??? *drools* They sell it at Maceys, Albertsons, etc........it's the BEST!!

K9karen
09-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Anything w/ Choc-A-late! 24/7

tomkatzid
09-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Pavlova is a traditional Kiwi dessert, marshmallowy inside with a crisp outer meringue type shell outside, covered in whipped cream and decorated with fruit, of your choice , kiwi fruit is often used.

I'll go back and look for it. Sounds just wonderful :D

Is this on the recipe thread also?? I must try this too. PLEASE tell me how to make this:)

Katz

Fox-Gal
09-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Fruit pizza....A friend made for me. Sugar cookie crust with thin layer of chesse cake top with slices of strawberrys, blueberrys, kiwi, bannana and then top with a lite fruit glaze. Boy to I miss her cooking. lol

then of course chesse cake
Mud pie
apple crisp

Uabassoon
09-29-2003, 12:03 AM
Flan!

carole
09-29-2003, 12:29 AM
I have just about eaten everything on here today, in MY MIND only thank goodness, but me got a tummy ache, but seriously this is dessert heaven.
Miss Meow I can see us going out together, dessert bar here we come lol.

P.S. pray tell me what on earth are HEDGEHOGS, funny we were talking about the furry ones in another thread today, but I am most intrigued.:)

Miss Meow
09-29-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid

Is this on the recipe thread also?? I must try this too. PLEASE tell me how to make this:)

Katz [/B]

I'll have a hunt around for a recipe. :) Edit: I found a nice-looking recipe and have added it to the recipe thread :) It's in metric, but I think Randi put a metric/imperial converter in the recipe thread somewhere :)

Carole, a hedgehog is a slice that's got plain biscuit pieces, crushed nuts, and chocolate. Like a brownie, but unbaked. And usually a topping of melted chocolate that goes hard. Old style cooking, but a real treat when you find a home-made one :)

Do you have vanilla slices? I love those too!

Uabassoon
09-29-2003, 01:18 AM
I also love tres leches cake. And homemade pumpkin pie is good.

09-29-2003, 08:29 AM
I would just die for a "crème brûlee"!!!

cloverfdx
09-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Pavlova *Drools* (which i thought us Aussies came up with, but maybe i was mistaken)

and other than that, Chocolate cake with cream and strawberries *Yummmm*

lol, yes the good ol vanilla slice is great as well :) *so Aussie* lol

Christiansmommy
09-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Breyers Ice cream has got to be my all time fave dessert...i don't buy it anymore, since i am a stay at home mommy, i would just eat it all day!!!!!!!!!!

I also LOVE Tiramisu mmmm!!

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 01:14 PM
It breaks my heart to see so many wonderful people
so wrong about the best dessert...

It's German chocolate cake!!!

Everybody knows that.;)

Logan
09-29-2003, 01:45 PM
I love pie, most any kind. My husband got me a pecan pie for my birthday "cake", decorated and everything!!! We were so full after my birthday dinner that Helen and I had pecan pie for breakfast the next morning!!! It was delicious!!!!! :) :)

Cataholic
09-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Everybody knows that.;)

Good Gosh, STOP THE PRESSES! Richard and I are in complete agreement on this one! However, we call it German SWEET chocolate cake. My mom makes it best! I could eat a whole CAKE!!!

Oh, I also like plain old vanilla icecream, too.

What is a slice of vanilla?

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Good Gosh, STOP THE PRESSES! Richard and I are in complete agreement on this one! However, we call it German SWEET chocolate cake. My mom makes it best! I could eat a whole CAKE!!!

Oh, I also like plain old vanilla icecream, too.

What is a slice of vanilla?

LOL,

See, eventually I win you over.:eek:
(take two aspirin and pinch yourself...it's a bad dream!)

I can't drink regular milk, but for GCC- no problem!!

anna_66
09-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Oh, this thread is making me hungry!!

I just love ice cream, just about any kind will do but mint chocolate chip is my favorite.
And carrot cake...yummy:D
Ooh, pumpkin bread is the bestest!

2kitties
09-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by lut
I would just die for a "crème brûlee"!!!

ah, me too. that's my favorite for restaurants.
At home, serve up some banana pudding and I'm a happy girl.

carole
09-29-2003, 03:29 PM
Yes well the Aussie"s may claim that pavlova orginated there, but like everything else they always pinch ours and claim its their's,( now my aussie mates will take this in the spirit its intended, so don't worry folks, )

I could not be 100 per cent certain , but I do believe we made it first and claimed it first he he.:) :D

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by anna_66

Ooh, pumpkin bread is the bestest!

PUMPKIN BREAD..........................

A gal I knew would make pumpkin bread in coffee cans...walnuts and cinnamon....

you would slice a hunk off, nuke it and smear real butter on it............hot apple cider on the side....

i am delerious.:eek:

CamCamPup33
09-29-2003, 05:15 PM
TIRAMUSU!!! YUMM i had some last night..

AND CHOCoLATE CAKE!! ALL CHOCoLATE!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-29-2003, 05:45 PM
*cowers* DON'T HURT ME!!!

-I HATE cheesecake. *ICKY PATOOEY!*

-I like carrot cake, vanilla cake, angel food cake (+strawberries and whipped cream), Shortcake, ANYTHING you can put strawberries on!

*Isn't a chocolate fan either...*

-HATE Choc. chip cookies *gag*
-Oatmeal raisin cookies are DELISH!
-Not a fan of choc. cake...
-HATE Strawberries dipped in choc unless it is MILK choc... semi sweet choc is GROSSSSSSSS *ewwies*

dukedogsmom
09-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Specific dessert would be Chocolate Thudner from Down Under at the Outback.
I love cheesecake!

krazyaboutkatz
09-29-2003, 10:48 PM

Everybody knows that.;) I love this too I just forgot to put it on my list. :)

anna_66
09-30-2003, 06:51 AM
PUMPKIN BREAD..........................

A gal I knew would make pumpkin bread in coffee cans...walnuts and cinnamon....

you would slice a hunk off, nuke it and smear real butter on it............hot apple cider on the side....

i am delerious.:eek:
OMG!! That sounds delicious Richard!!

Pam
09-30-2003, 07:06 AM
Breyer's ice cream any flavor! Fortunately it is almost $5.00 for a half gallon now so that stops me from buying it very often, but when it's on sale, watch out! Also cheesecake makes me go weak in the knees. I used to salivate watching those Golden Girls episodes where Blanche, Dorothy, Sophia and Rose would sit around the table at night talking and eating cheese cake! :p

Former User
09-30-2003, 07:15 AM
Mint ice-cream with little chocolate chip pieces, yum! :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-30-2003, 07:17 AM
Lemon Merangue (sp?)

Brandy Tipsy Tart with Custard

Homemade Blackberry & Apple crumble

Hagen Daas or Baskin Robbins CARAMEL Ice Cream

Creamy white chocolate Ice Cream with Caramel Syrup

AND LASTLY

Sache Torte - Austrian Chocolate cake from an exceptionally special cake shop in Vienna. Just the best!!

(Reading this list makes me realise why I need to keep logging on to PT Dietbuddies!!!)

Randi
04-12-2019, 08:24 AM
I rarely eat ice cream (not that I don't like it). A friend of mine came by with a box of Ben & Jerry chocolade chip cookie dough ice cream, it was SO yummy... except for the chocolade bits that didn't appear to be real chocolade.

Other than that, I love Italian ice cream, and sorbet. :p Which brand of ice cream do you like?

Karen
04-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Yum - you know Ben and Jerry's is a Vermont brand, right? ;)

I love ice cream, but so many now put coconut oil in them that I cannot have them. So any ice cream that I CAN eat is my favorite!

cats4ever
04-12-2019, 06:14 PM
I'm not really picky either when it comes to ice cream. I don't have a favorite brand, but I prefer anything with fruit in it, especially strawberry.

phesina
04-12-2019, 08:09 PM
I love ice cream, too! In fact, right at this very minute I'm eating some Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Ice Cream. My first time trying that one. Yum!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Randi
04-13-2019, 07:18 AM
No, I didn't know that Ben and Jerry's is a Vermont brand. There are so many kinds, but I think I prefer pistachio, vanilla, rashberry or chocolade. Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Ice Cream sound good, too. :p

cassiesmom
04-15-2019, 06:08 PM
Ooh, TJ’s speculoos cookie butter ice cream! I’ve never had it but it sounds yummy! I like Ben and Jerry’s too.

phesina
04-15-2019, 09:02 PM
Here's a review of it from someone who REALLY likes it! -
https://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2014/09/02/review-trader-joes-speculoos-cookie-butter-ice-cream/

I'm taking care of the cat belonging to a good friend who is in the hospital. She and her sister gave me a TJ's gift card and told me to use it on things that I don't usually buy but would be real treats or splurges for me.