PDA

View Full Version : Preschool Lesson Plans --- HELP!!

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 07:14 PM
OK -- I completely forgot aobut this. This week, I'm teaching the preschool class.

I'm teaching the blue group which mostly consist of young 4 year olds and a few 3 year old. There are about 11 kids in the group.

Our theme this week is Wild Wild West. (Cowboys & Indians -- NO WEAPONS.)

They come to school tuesday-thursday.

Tuesday we will be doing a game. I made little booklets which one page of the booklet has outlines of pictures. The booklet contains a pocket with the pictures in it. they have to color and paste the pictures in the write spots. The pictures are cowbothats, bulls, indians and so on.

Wednesday -- I NEED HELP, I don't know what I'm going to be doing.

Thursday -- Cowboy day. They will be dressing up as cowboys and indians, We will be making paper bag vests out of brown paper bag sacks.

Anyone have any ideas for wednesday? It has to be time consuming yet a bit easy for the children. Wednesday we will be having a cooking activity as well as our table time, which i need to make the lesson plan for. IDEAS ARE WELCOME!! Thanks!!

Foam
09-28-2003, 07:27 PM
I did the paper bag vest thing when I was in preschool. :D Fun stuff, they'll love it.
Hmm..maybe bring in Nala and you can give them horseback riding lessons! :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Here's an idea for Wed's cooking time...

Maybe before hand, make like cookies or something in the shape of cowboy hats, or cowboys or whatever, (if you can find a pattern) then mix some different colored frostings so they can decorate?

Table time... hm... maybe find some cowboy books at the library beforehand and have them look at em, or read them?

You have like THE COOLEST job/class (whatever it is) in the entire WORLD! I would LOVE being a preschool teacher!

*so jealous*

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Could, If some of the kids weren't deathly allergic to dogs.

Foam
09-28-2003, 07:29 PM
So? That's less poop for you to wipe up..

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Yeah, dress up Nal as a cowGIRL.. lol

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Here's an idea for Wed's cooking time...

Maybe before hand, make like cookies or something in the shape of cowboy hats, or cowboys or whatever, (if you can find a pattern) then mix some different colored frostings so the can decorate?

Table time... hm... maybe find some cowboy books at the library beforehand and have them look at em, or read them?

You have like THE COOLEST job/class (whatever it is) in the entire WORLD! I would LOVE being a preschool teacher!

*so jealous*

Hehe, We're doing some sort of "puppy chow" stuff for the cooking activity. Except we're caling it cowboy chow. Thanks for the idea though..

They did little sugar cookies the first week they were in school. They frosted them the color of their group (blue, red, yellow, and green)

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 07:32 PM
I'm thinking of maybe doing a puzzle.

Maybe have a big picture of a cowboy/ wild wild west type thing, and cutting it up. They have to put it together, paste it on construction paper and color it. The putting it together part might be difficult, but alot of them like puzzles.

Just need to find some good graphics :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Good idea!

Fox-Gal
09-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Make teepees. use popsickle sticks and brown paper, let them color the paper, and then glue the sticks toghter and wrap the color paper around it. If that doesn't take up enough time, have them make camp fires out of small twigs and cut out orange paper to make the flames coming out of the twigs. Glue it all toghter on a piece of paper and they will have their own indian village.

Just an idea.

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 07:41 PM
OMG.. I found a PERFECT Idea!!

http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/miscellaneous/mcowboy.html

I think I may use this, but I may have to steal the rolls out of the toilet paper lmao.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-28-2003, 07:43 PM
THAT's cool.

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Yay.. I love this website.. I found alot of different ideas just for "wild wild west"

Thank You fox-gal for you suggestion too!

Cookiebaker
09-28-2003, 08:29 PM
That's so cute! It sounds like the whole job will be tons of fun!!

Kfamr
09-28-2003, 08:47 PM
lmao... Here's my cowboy.

I'm going to leave the guitar out because it was too hard to cut out....