PDA

View Full Version : Snuggling on the sly

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-28-2003, 05:48 PM
I'm beginning to think you guys are right, and T & P regularly snuggle, they just don't let us see it. Terry and I were upstairs in the loft last night, Terry looked over the balcony and said "Get the camera, quick, you're not going to believe this!" Of course the camera is downstairs and I'm afraid one of them will get up before I get the picture taken, but they were obviously quit comfortable and not in a hurry to move.

Tubby: "If I can just stick my belly out a little further, it'll be like we're really snuggling."
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pec32e8768f684afea1d9b0f948cfa355/faf6fcb2.jpg

I believe this is the closest they've ever been while sleeping. Usually they're on opposite ends of the room.

Here Peanut says: "Bwwaaaa-haaa-haaaa. Boy have we had you fooled all these years!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p1968d54568ec10634e801ffbdd4a8e23/faf6fcad.jpg

And I honestly thought after she yawned, she would be awake enough to realize how close Tubby was, then get up and walk away, but she didn't. She just put her head back down and went right back to sleep! :eek: :eek: I have no idea how long they were like this before we noticed, but it was at least 1/2 hour after I took the pics that they finally got up - and that's only because Terry was in the kitchen scratching around for something to eat. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
09-28-2003, 07:49 PM
Oh T&P! You give me hope the E&E are secretly snuggling too!

Cataholic
09-28-2003, 08:22 PM
I am not at all suprised. Look at how much room there is in that room...and they sleep inches from one another,why? They choose to! Sneaky little Tubby and Peanut!!

Lorraine
09-28-2003, 08:27 PM
aaww!! Tubby and Peanut are little snugglers! maybe they even groom each other when no one is watching! :D they are both so pretty!

krazyaboutkatz
09-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I'm not surprised at all. :) Cats can be very sneaky and they think they're fooling us but sometimes they get caught in the act. I'm so glad that Tubby and Peanut finally got caught and that you were able to get pics too. :D They sure look cute together. :)

RedHedd
09-28-2003, 11:14 PM
Aww! They are SO busted! :D Too cute! They probably do groom each other too. ;) I've caught my two - Mishi does that old guy trick - the fake yawn, drape the paw over her shoulders thing -- it's so funny to watch! They even almost touch while sleeping. I MUST get some batteries for my digicam! :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
09-29-2003, 05:06 AM
hee hee hee:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-29-2003, 06:10 AM
AWWWWWWW

Tubby and Peanut I'm so proud of you two!!!... I bet your mommy almost fell downstairs trying to get to her camera!

Now we just need pics of you two washing each others "top of the head"!!!:D :D :D

Barbara
09-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Reminds me of the thread we once had "What kitties do when nobody is around".

Hmm we now know what Tubby and Peanut are doing:D

ramanth
09-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Aww! They are SO busted! :D Too cute! They probably do groom each other too. ;)
You took the words right out of my mouth! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks everybody. :D

And to answer your question, we've seen Tubby grooming Peanut on her head, but she doesn't like it and only allows a few licks before the ol' swatter comes out and a scuffle ensues.

But the amazing part is that after they got up, Peanut was sitting on her "porch" (of her box) and Tubby was licking her head. I still had the camera in my hand, but had taken the card out in preparation of downloading the already unbelievable pics. So by the time I got the card back in and had it turned on, Tubby had gotten "the look" and had backed away from Peanut. I tried to push him towards her again, hoping he'd start licking her again, but no such luck. I thought it was so sweet that first they were snuggling, then it's as if Tubby wanted to say thanks for the snuggle, let me clean your head in return. :D

I bet your mommy almost fell downstairs trying to get to her camera!
You are so right, Sara! I made sure to hold onto the railing so I wouldn't stumble over myself. I was trying to be quiet and quick at the same time, which sometimes leads to making a whole bunch of noise and taking way too much time (by tripping).

:rolleyes: :eek: :D

PayItForward
09-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Such great picture of secret friends :D

Vermontcat
09-29-2003, 03:43 PM
I knew it! I knew that Tubby and Peanut have been fooling you all of this time!:)
I can just imagine the great pics you could get of them if you set up a hidden video camera!:D

IttyBittyKitty
09-30-2003, 07:45 AM
Sneaky cuddles ... how adorable! :D:D:D

Vio&Juni
09-30-2003, 09:38 AM
Probably, after hearing about so many PT kitties snuggling, they thought: UMMM, what's snuggling? Should we try it also?

Apparently, they liked it :)

catmandu
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
I have found that when the Cats realize that the other Cat is not a threat , then they make friends very quickly. My Siamese were hostile once , now they are the Siamese Squad!