PDA

View Full Version : Not Being himself.

SimbaTWonderDog
12-09-2001, 01:34 PM
This is scary me out of my shoes. Simba has not been himself lately, hes just mopeing around and when we call his name he doesn't even look at us. Hes not active like normal...and id hate to think hes getting older already? but hes only going to be 4... it scares me alot.... he sighs alot too... my poor baby i hope theres nothing wrong with him i feel horrible. :( I wish he was his happy self again :(
And he doesn't sleep with us anymore.. he lays on the ground... like he doesn't want to deal with us anymore.... do you think theres something wrong with him? If hes walking in our direction and we reach out to pet him he just turns the other way... help.. with all you can please.. i have no idea whats going on :(

[ December 09, 2001: Message edited by: SimbaTWonderDog ]

Karen
12-09-2001, 03:29 PM
Maybe he's just not feeling well, fighting with the fleas and all. I'd take him to the vet if this behavior keeps up - he's a young dog, relatively speaking. Anything new happen around the house that would make him feel pouty?

Sudilar
12-09-2001, 03:49 PM
I'd take him to the vet. It sounds like maybe he doesn't feel good. Have the vet check him out. Good luck and let us know.

SimbaTWonderDog
12-09-2001, 04:05 PM
ive been teaching him tricks lately.. weve been working on "wave" he does it pretty well he sticks one hand up. alot of people have been going in and out of the house.. like my sister, brother, my aunt and uncle, my grandmother... weve had lost of company lately... maybe thats why?

slleipnir
12-09-2001, 05:06 PM
He's probably just got a doggie flu or something. You should take him to the vet to be sure. Is he neutered or anything?

lizbud
12-09-2001, 06:52 PM
I'd take him to the vet if this attitude
change has been going on for a few days..
If it's a one time reaction to a lot of
company in the house,that's different.
If Simba has been acting 'different' for
more than a day or two, I'd definately take
him to see the vet.Simba the Wonderdog will
get our Special prayers tonight.Liz & Bud..

jackiesdaisy1935
12-09-2001, 10:15 PM
KayAnn, I hope Simba is doing better, maybe with all the company he feels a little left out of things and he will bounce back when things get back to normal. Hugs and kisses to Simba from Daisy and Perry.

delidog
12-10-2001, 05:42 AM
oh yes!!! please take simba the wunda dog to the vet for a check up...you live in florida...mosquitos can bite and carry many diseases...it sounds like this came on suddenly...thats not a good sign...please take him for a check up....all paws crossed and praying for precious simba!!! the deli dog

SimbaTWonderDog
12-10-2001, 07:14 AM
Im not sure about takeing him to the vet.... but he was acting very strange (not that it bothered me any).... when i came home from watching my friend play softball, he went crazy! And i was like what!? did ya miss me... and we did the normal sitting on the floor and me rubbing him and him giving me kisses all all of that good stuff... then when i got up to go dow the hall to go to bed...he started to whine! So i fed him a few "crunchies" (just a lil though as a snack hehehee) and i took him outside.... he did nothing but stand there and look at me while we were outside! It was strange! So we went back in and i went to go down the hall again and he whined! So we sat down on the floor again and i was petting him and he was giving me kisses and all that good stuff... so i was about drifting away because i was so tired so i said come on Simba.. instead of going to bed right away i came on the computer for a while... Instead of going and laying up on my bed up by the pillows, he layed directly next to me (normally he lays up in my pillows on my bed until i come and lay down he moves to the end of the bed) Well i got up and went to bed and he layed directly next to me!!!! Its still scaring me though now hes WAY affectionate! I have no problem with all of this extra luvinz though! ;) Thanks for all of your concerns and comments! Pet Talk is a wonderful place! :D

aly
12-10-2001, 10:58 AM
Hmm, at first I thought he must be sick. But now that I read your last post, it sounds like he's developing seperation anxiety. Maybe since all the company left, he might be afraid you're going to leave to. Since Simba never had seperation anxiety before, this should hopefully only last a few days. Let us know if it goes on longer.

Logan
12-10-2001, 11:37 AM
Oh, Simba. It sounds to me like you are afraid of something. The reason I say that is that Honey is "haunted" regularly by simple things, like moving a piece of furniture to a new place (which I do frequently), loud noises, the vacuum cleaner just standing in the middle of a room. And when this happens, she simply refuses to move freely through the house, sometimes for as long as a week! I remember when I had someone come and install a new back door, and storm door, she was afraid to walk through it for weeks! :( And to this day, when I raise or lower the glass on the storm door, she literally gets frightened all over again!

KayAnn, I hope his spirits will brighten soon. Looked like he was pretty happy with that peanut butter jar in the picture you posted!! :D

SimbaTWonderDog
12-10-2001, 03:33 PM
Simba is afraid of our frosty which sings frosty the snowman, hes afraid of fire (we have alot of candles and just HATES them!) he doesnt like the vacuum just like you said if its in the middle of the room (it comes in handy if we want the garage door open and are afraid for Simba getting out we just put it by the doorway!) he doesnt like the broom for some reason he HATES the forth of july... i normally end up staying at my aunts house while everyone is doing fireworks just foir he doesnt get scared... anyhow, hes feeling much better i believe hes acting normal now but ill still kep an eye out... thanks again everyone *hugs* and *Sim slobbers*

tatsxxx11
12-10-2001, 04:10 PM
Dear KayAnn, I started off by reading your frightening first post, but by the end was SO relieved to read that the beautiful Simba was getting back to normal. My first thought too, was that something had spooked him, or that he was just feeling under the weather from either the fleas, the treatment, or such. It is so scary when they just stop acting like their normal selves. Unfortunately, they just can't tell us, "I'm scared." "I don't like the company." Or, "I'm just feeling icky." Hope Simab continues to perk up. He sure looked precious, and perky enjoying his peanut butter :) Love to you and Simba, the Wonder Dog!!

sammi
12-10-2001, 09:30 PM
That is really weird as Buddy was acting funny earlier too! Last week (?Friday) we had the boxes etc. with Christmas decorations all out in the dining room and in the morning the repairman came to fix water heater so I used the baby gate to block Buddy from coming in the kitchen and getting out the door in case the gate was left open (it was). After the guy left -Buddy went outside and I couldn't get him to some in the house all day! He would look at me from the storm door but that was it. Not intrested in eating or even a treat. My husband finally got him in about 8 that evening and he paced and paced, hid behind me I sat on the floor to talk with him and he tried to wiggle between me and the wall. I was worried also tht he was sick. After about 2 hours (and he had slept some) he went and ate and seemed just fine! Have no idea what brought that on as he never has had any issues before.
Happy to hear that Simba snapped out of it also.

tatsxxx11
12-12-2001, 04:48 PM
Hi KayAnn Just checking in to see how Simba's doing. Hope he's back to his old self! Hugs to Simba :)