PDA

View Full Version : After a year I finally got a pic of one of my dogs on here

lv4dogs
09-26-2003, 11:01 AM
This is my rott, Raustyk, I took it today, she is at work w/ me. Her name is pronounced rustic, she is 5.5 years. I adopted her from death row at a local shelter, she was 6 months old at the time & I was her 5th & final home. She was abused terribly, I visited her many many times before bringing her home & never once was I able to pet her. Just something told me to get her. I worked at the vets office at the time & was training dogs in obedience, agility & behavioral & I knew everyone at the shelter so they agreed that I could have her. She was dropped off at my work (at the vets office) the morning I was able to take her, she had to be spayed first. She almost took off my cheek & neck if only I was just a split second slower to close her kennel door. Still something just said give it a try. We had to use a leash on the pole to get her out, she was not happy. Well a few hours after surgery it was time to go home, she did let me put a reg. leash on her but was very weary. I used to drive right by the shelter on my way home & I was planning on dropping her back off for euth. as I felt there was really no hope & I could not endanger myself like that. I plopped her in my car in the back seat & tied her leash to the back seat so she could not reach me in case she decided to lunge. I got into the drivers seat & looked back at her & she is kissing the air, trying to kiss me. So I slowly & gently reached back to her & she stands up wagging her whole butt & kissing my arm. Well she only got better after that. It truely was a miracle that she turned loke that!

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Sep/20039263574775593973359.jpg

cloverfdx
09-26-2003, 11:13 AM
oh here come the tears again.

your baby is precious i am glad you never gave up on her, such a sad story but a happy ending :)

Logan
09-26-2003, 11:34 AM
I can't see the picture, but I want to say "thankyou" for not giving up on your girl. Most people would have, I'm sure. :) What a happy ending to a sad start!

ramanth
09-26-2003, 11:36 AM
What a story! So touching...

(but I can't see the pic :( )

dukedogsmom
09-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Great story! I'm so glad she wasn't put down. She is so beautiful! Congrats to giving her a happy home. My dog Duke was abused also. It's hard to make them forget. Here's the link to the pic:
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Sep/20039263574775593973359.jpg

lovemyshiba
09-26-2003, 01:45 PM
She is simply gorgeous, and what a beautiful story!!
Thanks for not giving up on her, I'm so glad your instincts told you to go for it!!!!

pitc9
09-26-2003, 01:47 PM
What an awsome story!!

My Buddy Boy came from a kill shelter, and no one wanted him because he was SOOO scared of everyone!!
Well.... I took one look at him, and knew he was comming home with me (everyone thought I was nuts!) we'll, it's 9 months now, and he's getting more and more brave by the day, although he still is VERY afraid of my hubby!!! (were still working on that!)

God Bless You!

:D

Dakota's Mommy
09-26-2003, 01:49 PM
She's adorable! Thanks for giving her a chance! Glad it all worked out for you!

My Peanuts
09-26-2003, 02:31 PM
That is an amazing story. It seems you two were meant for each other. She is gorgeous! Whenever I feel down I can find something on the message board that makes my day. Thanks!

ramanth
09-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Now I can see the pic! She's beautiful!

Toby's Mommy
09-26-2003, 07:41 PM
What a sad story witha happy ending! I love those kind of stories! I'm glad you decided to try it out and it worked out!:D

Tonya
09-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Awww, what a sweet story! I am so glad that you kept her.

anna_66
09-28-2003, 11:01 AM
She is beautiful! I'm glad that you never gave up on her:D

captain
09-28-2003, 06:43 PM
How gorgeous - so glad you saw through the "bad doggie" to the obviously fantastic doggie she really is ...........:)

sammi
09-29-2003, 07:01 PM
She is a very pretty girl! Thanks for posting her picture and happy ending story.:)

KYS
09-29-2003, 09:33 PM
You really needed a tissue alert to your post. lol
What a beautiful heart warming story how you and Raustyk met and how she turned out to be a loving dog.
Beautiful picture of her. :)

tikeyas_mom
09-29-2003, 09:56 PM
she is very cute!!! what a sweety