PDA

View Full Version : I Lost My Best Friend :(

Desert Arabian
09-25-2003, 06:45 PM
My beautiful princess Peanut left me last night after battling a long case of heart failure. Peanut went to the vet on Tuesday, where she was given an injection of Tribrissen (sp.) and placed into an oxygen bag to help her breathe better. While we were sitting in the waiting room, the vet came out, and he didn't have that nice of a look on his face. He picked up a chair and placed it in front of me and in a concerned tone he said "Peanut is not doing so well, she may go anytime now. When she is on the oxygen her color is real good, but when we take her off of it she immediately turns blue and gasps for air." I started crying. Then he asked us what we wanted to do, he suggested putting her to sleep, but I can't stand the thought of her being taken into a weird cold room away from her mama and stuck in the heart with a huge needle. I just couldn't bear the thought of my princess going through that. My Mom suggested we take her home, and let her settle down a bit- maybe the vet trip was stressing her out. So, we took her home. Once she got home, she settled down a little bit, and her color came back a little bit, but her breathing was sit fairly labored. I have her some of the medicine the vet gave us, which helped her out a little bit. Wednesday morning and afternoon, she was still the same, she had some cooked noodles for a treat. I went to bed early that night, around 9:30. I was woken up by my mom at 11:30, and she told me Peanut died. She was holding Peanut in her arms, and I looked at her and tried not to cry, but I cried. I then placed her next to me and laid there with her one last time. While I petted my warm but dead friend I realized this was the last time I would feel her coarse scruffy fur or get to smell her "sweet" smell. I do not want to talk about it anymore...the water works make it hard to type.

Peanut came into this world on August 24,2001. She had many brothers and sisters. From the minute she got her fur, I knew I wanted to keep her. She was the only baby who wasn't a Russian blue, she was a lilac. She was different from all of her siblings, and that is what I loved. Peanut was a very curious, noisy, explorative rattie- she would have made a good partner for Louis & Clark. As she got older she became a major mama's girl, and she knew she could get her way- and she used it as an advantage. She quickly established her position as "alpha" rattie, and any new rat who I introduced to her soon found out that she was "alpha". Peanut came EVERYWHERE with me- many trips to the cottage, trips to the pet store, trips inside Home Depot- in a purse I converted into a "rattie sneak-in" purse. Even if we made short trips to the gas station, she came with a lot of times. Dudley was terrified of Peanut, he knew she wouldn't take any crap from him, so before she had a chance to attack HIM, he would run away. Nobody messed with the princess! As Princess slowly aged, her fur got more coarse and curly, as well as sparse. She slowed down a lot, and could no longer do her circus acts she did was she was a little squirt. Since she wasn't as active and couldn't do that much, that meant more spoiling to keep the princess happy! Ooohh, she loved that! Up to the day she died, she held the title of "The Most Spoiled Rat in the Midwest". :D

I loved my baby, more than any other living creature in the world. When she died she took half of me with her. I am glad she is reunited with her mama Skittles, along with Oreo, Punkin, Nugget, and Sweet Pea. It is going to take me a LONG time to get over loosing my baby princess.

Here are some memorable photos of my little dumpling:

http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/bday.JPG
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/carride.JPG
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/pearider1.JPG
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/carrotpea.JPG
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/ppack.JPG
Peanut's last trip to the cottage
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/cottageratties.JPG
Baby Peanut:
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/babyp.JPG
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/tinytoot.JPG

I miss you baby.

http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/aoutline.JPG
Rest In Peace
Princess Peanut
August 24, 2001-September 24, 2003

EDITED TO ADD THIS SONG:

Here is a song that I would like to dedicate to Peanut, obviously not all the lyrics go along with a rat, but it's pretty darn close.

I MISS MY FRIEND by Darryl Worley

I miss the look of surrender in your eyes
The way your soft brown hair would fall
I miss the power of your kiss when we made love
But baby most of all

Chorus:
I miss my friend
The one my heart and soul confided in
The one I felt the safest with
The one who knew just what to say to make me laugh again
And let the light back in
I miss my friend

I miss the colors that you brought into my life
Your golden smile, those blue-green eyes
I miss your gentle voice in lonely times like now
Saying it'll be alright

Chorus

I miss those times
I even miss the silly fights
The making up
The morning talks
And those late afternoon walks
I miss my friend
The one my heart and soul confided in
The one I felt the safest with

Cookiebaker
09-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Oh YLL, I am so sorry for your loss. What a sweet tribute you have written, it made me cry.

Rest in peace, Sweet Rattie, Peanut. Have fun playing at the RB!

Cinder & Smoke
09-25-2003, 06:52 PM
:(

So Sorry, YLL. {{{Hugs}}}

Rest In Peace, lil Peanut!

/s/ :( Phred

dukedogsmom
09-25-2003, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear of you losing one of your best furry friends. She looked like a delicate girl. Love the pictures. Just think of all the happy memories you have and that will help you get through it.

jenluckenbach
09-25-2003, 06:54 PM
YLL, I am SO sorry to hear about precious Peanut. She will always be a part of you. Right here on this page are wonderful memories that you will always have (pictures). {{{HUGS}}} to ou in you time of sorrow.:(

primabella
09-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Oh poor poor Peanut. RIP Sweetie. :(

*hugs* YLL

IluvMyBeagle
09-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Oh my gosh i am so sorry.... RIP Peanut!!! I am glad you made your owner proud sweetie!!!! :D :(

popcornbird
09-25-2003, 07:00 PM
YLL, your tribute to Peanut was so touching that I cried. :( I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. The loss of a pet is SUCH a difficult thing to bear. I know it will take time for the pain to heal but memories of Peanut will be with you forever. RIP Peanut and I'm so very sorry for your loss.

:(:(:(

Aspen and Misty
09-25-2003, 07:01 PM
O I am so sorry ::hugs::

We all know how much you loved Peanut and just looking at those pictures brought tears to my eyes. What a sweetie she was ::hugs::

Rest in Peace sweet Peanut.

Ash

Amber
09-25-2003, 07:17 PM
gosh, It's so hard to deal with it. I know I have. Rest in peace sweetheart. im so sorry for your loss. :(

slick
09-25-2003, 07:18 PM
My God I'm crying for you YLL. I'm so sorry about your precious Peanut but keep the good memories in your heart. You and Peanut loved each other so much and it's a love that many people without pets don't experience. I'm sending you hugs. RIP sweet Peanut and save a place for YLL.

Miss Meow
09-25-2003, 08:02 PM
I'm so sorry about Peanut.

She'll be at the Rainbow Bridge now with Skittles, Oreo, Punkin, Nugget, and Sweet Pea and I'm sure they're all having fun. Rest in peace, Peanut.

lizbud
09-25-2003, 08:03 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little friend Peanut.:(

She was a sweet little Princess & very good friend. May she be
happy at Rainbow Bridge.

Kfamr
09-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Oh Laura!! :( :(

I don't know what to say. :(

***HUGS***

krazyaboutkatz
09-25-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( RIP sweet Peanut.

luckies4me
09-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Oh man, that is so sad. :( I am so sorry Laura, I know how much you adored her. Just know you did your best and that she died peacefully at home surrounding by people who love her. RIP Dear sweet Peanut. :( My heart breaks for you.

carole
09-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Your tribute to your beloved Peanut was so beautiful , It brought tear's to my eye's also.

I am so sorry to hear you lost your precious Peanut, I know your heart will be aching right now, and all I can say is your memories will be forever with you, and dear little Peanut will be joining all the other dear pets at Rainbow Bridge.

GIANT HUG TO YOU.

Crikit
09-25-2003, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Larua, Peanut was one cool rat. Like I told your mom last night, Smudge sends kisses your way (he's the closest thing I have to a yellow lab)

Logan
09-25-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm so sorry about Peanut. Even the smallest of creatures will grab our hearts and hold on. RIP, dear Peanut.

Logan

rg_girlca
09-25-2003, 10:04 PM
I am sorry to hear the loss of your loving pet Peanut.
May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Tonya
09-25-2003, 10:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Peanut.

Karen
09-25-2003, 10:07 PM
The hardest part of loving our tiny freinds is their light shines so bright and goes out so soon. Pick a star in the night sky, and think of her whenever you see it. She is well again at the Rainbow Bridge, with treats galore and plenty of breath, color back and that Princess twinkle in her eye. She'll live on forever in your heart, and twinkle like a star every night.

wolf_Q
09-25-2003, 10:10 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss, Laura. She was a beautiful little rattie, and from your wonderful tribute, I can tell she was loved dearly. Rest in peace, Peanut.

zippy-kat
09-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Such a lovely tribute for a lovely friend. Rest sweetly, Princess Peanut.

{{YLL}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-25-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Such a lovely tribute for a lovely friend.

That's exactly what I was thinking Zippy. You can just feel the love - and the pain - in this post.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Princess Peanut, Laura, but it sounds like she was badly needed at the RB, and will be playing free of pain now, with her mother and sisters and brothers.

That first pic with the birthday hats is just the cutest pic in the world.

RIP sweet Princess Peanut. :(

lovemyshiba
09-26-2003, 06:43 AM
I am so sorry to hear of Peanut's passing. She sure was a special rattie--it is obvious from your post how much you love her, and always will.
That was a beautiful tribute, I was crying when I read your post.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved princess--I know she is looking down on you with love from the bridge.

I loved the pic in the birthday hats.

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-26-2003, 09:34 AM
I am so sorry you lost your peanut!!!:(

{{{HUGS}}}

Cataholic
09-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Oh, YLL, my heart breaks for you! What a sweet and loving tribute to Peanut. I know she was very well loved, and loved you in return for being her sweet mommy.

Time heals all wounds, know that, and take extra special care of yourself in the weeks to come.

RIP, Peanut!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Johanna:(

ramanth
09-26-2003, 09:44 AM
Oh YLL... *HUGS*

I'm so sorry for your loss. Peanut was beautiful. :(

RIP Princess..

Kater
09-26-2003, 09:45 AM
I am so sorry Laura. There is really no words to say what I feel.

Peanut was a wonderful and endearing rattie whom I've fallen in love with through your pictures and stories. :) And she was a such a cute little baby rattie rascal too! ;)

A continuing source of comfort for me as I heal from losing Jack has been the short saying that is in my siggy... I hope it brings you some comfort also.

(((((HUGS)))))
I can give you real hugs in person in October. I HOPE!

Albea
09-26-2003, 11:44 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss of Peanuts.
RIP sweet princess, with the knowledge that your mommy loved you very much.

robinh
09-26-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Peanut! I'm sure she knew how much she was loved and wanted by the care you showed her.

Your words brought tears to my eyes and the pictures made me smile. It was a beautiful tribute to a special furry friend.

Dakota's Mommy
09-26-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about his! It was a very touching tribute though, you did a great job with it! REST IN PEACE PRINCESS!

Desert Arabian
09-26-2003, 03:00 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind comforting words. You have helped me out a lot!

:) Pet Talk is great......

HoRsELUvR
09-26-2003, 03:15 PM
I am so sorry you lost Peanut.:( She must have been such a special rattie,as i can tell from all the nice things you said about her.

Desert Arabian
09-27-2003, 07:14 PM
My poor Mr. Pudge (Oscar) is so heart broken. He misses his girlfriend so much- it is noticeable. He seems so depressed. All he has done lately is laid around like a slug, when he used to be all happy and zippy. He even has a depressed look on his face. My poor boy......I feel so bad for Oscar.

Sudilar
09-28-2003, 09:27 PM
YLL, I'm so sorry for your great loss of Peanut. She was a beautiful rattie. She will live on in your heart forever. {{{hugs}}}

shais_mom
09-28-2003, 11:04 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Laura. I hope you are doing okay.

anna_66
09-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Laura, I'm sorry but I just seen this:o

I hope that you or Oscar don't have too rough of time dealing with Peanut's death.

RIP Sweet Peanut

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna

KYS
09-29-2003, 09:43 AM
I am so sorry, not only for you but poor Oscar.

Hugs
Karen

EssTer
09-29-2003, 10:43 AM
I´m so sorry about Peanut :( How I saw in pics, she was very nice :) Rest in Peace.......

Chinadoll
09-29-2003, 10:50 AM
So sorry for your loss.

Killearn Kitties
09-29-2003, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your Peanut. Her pictures were beautiful and you obviously loved her very much. I hope you and Oscar feel a little better every day.

Desert Arabian
09-29-2003, 04:15 PM
I'm getting better, I got a card in the mail from the vet today, which made me cry again.

Oscar seems to be getting back to his old self, he was running around like a spaz yesterday.

I miss her so much, I wish I could get her coloned! ;)

Kater
09-30-2003, 06:15 PM
Here's a cute poem I found on a rattie message board. The author is not credited there & I'm not claiming to have written this.....my grammar is better anyway, LOL

and as they grow older,
they're paitent and sweet,
a scrach on the head's as good as a treat
you cuddle each day,
though the days go too fast,
and you hope with your heart that each one's not the last.

and then the day comes,
when you must say good-bye,
you stroke the course old fur,
and try not to cry,
your friend had departed,
it's not possibly true
but the person in pain is really just you.

the memories return,
and you hear yourself sigh,
a smile creeps back and you're tears start to dry,
you remember the fun that the two of you had,
and even if she's gone it doesn't hurt quite so bad.

time flies by,
and with it the sad,
but you'll never forget the fun times you had.

((((HUGS)))) YLL!

Desert Arabian
09-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Kater
Here's a cute poem I found on a rattie message board. The author is not credited there & I'm not claiming to have written this.....my grammar is better anyway, LOL

and as they grow older,
they're paitent and sweet,
a scrach on the head's as good as a treat
you cuddle each day,
though the days go too fast,
and you hope with your heart that each one's not the last.

and then the day comes,
when you must say good-bye,
you stroke the course old fur,
and try not to cry,
your friend had departed,
it's not possibly true
but the person in pain is really just you.

the memories return,
and you hear yourself sigh,
a smile creeps back and you're tears start to dry,
you remember the fun that the two of you had,
and even if she's gone it doesn't hurt quite so bad.

time flies by,
and with it the sad,
but you'll never forget the fun times you had.

((((HUGS)))) YLL!

OMG- TOO PERFECT! I LOVE IT! THANK YOU! Every word is 100% me and Peanut!

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) back to you too!!

P.S. Mom still has to see if there is anything going on on the 12th- I will let you know about it, ASAP. :) Sorry it's taking so long!