PDA

View Full Version : DROOLING!!!!!!

rg_girlca
09-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Whenever my hubby has Mooky in his arms and starts petting him, Mooky starts to drool. The longer he pets him the more he drools.

Do any of you cats drool when they get affectionate and is this normal? My other cats never did this.

K & L
09-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Yes! Shadow does the same thing. She'll leave wet spots all over!

PayItForward
09-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Georgie drools too. Sweetie baby.

RedHedd
09-25-2003, 05:21 PM
LOL! Yes! My RB Goldie used to drool all the time when she was happily er, um ...... having a purrgasm? :eek: :D ;)

wolflady
09-25-2003, 05:25 PM
LOL LOL What a great compliment to you! A drooling cat is a very happy and contented cat :) When my Marius first started this, it freaked me out until I found out that it is a major compliment! Enjoy your drooling babies!
**hugs**

PayItForward
09-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
LOL LOL What a great compliment to you! A drooling cat is a very happy and contented cat :) When my Marius first started this, it freaked me out until I found out that it is a major compliment! Enjoy your drooling babies!
**hugs**
Well I don't mind Georgie Drooling EXCEPT when he is sleeping on my head. I end up with a full ear !!! Yuck

slick
09-25-2003, 05:41 PM
The cat I look after, Rusty, is such a drooler that you have to put a towel over your lap before he gets on. Specks will drool sometimes and Max always, always drools in his sleep and his head is right beside mine.

Cookiebaker
09-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Yes!! Marigold drools! :o When I pick her up, she will bury her head into my arm, and pretty soon, I'll have kitty-spit running down my arm. It's kind of ewwwey, but I love it when she is cuddley like that! :D

Pam
09-25-2003, 06:24 PM
I have a big drooler too! My Andy drools like a faucet. I should put on plastic clothing before I pet him. Last night I was watching TV and Bella and Andy were with me. Andy was on my lap and Bella was next to me. I didn't realize it right away, but Andy was drooling all over Bella's fur! :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
09-25-2003, 06:24 PM
I've never had a drooling cat. (maybe they don't love me :( )
don't worry, just kidding
But I did not know that it was complimentary, You learn something new every day.

neko1
09-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Mine all drool all over me!!! (It's kinda gross...heehee)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pa39d257101c9000924c10274b02ecd39/fcb1c614.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pa39bd580fc7608c0b444bc8b0a677f59/fcb1c630.jpg

(That was not Neko's normal amount of drool...that's the result of pilling him) But it's still drool none the less;) :p

krazyaboutkatz
09-25-2003, 08:31 PM
My RB Pepper would drool on me while he was kneading my neck or chest.

Lorraine
09-25-2003, 08:38 PM
HEE HEE!! That's funny! I've never had a drooling kitty! But if it means they are silly with happiness and contentment, then that's a nice compliment!:D

carole
09-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Yes my Ash is also a drooling kitty, mainly if he is doing the paw kneading thing to sit down , he often drools then.

Lexie on the other hand is not and not much of a kneader either, infact my two are exactly the opposite in every way.

rg_girlca
09-25-2003, 09:33 PM
Thank you all for replying. I'm glad to know that there are a lot of other kitty droolers here.

Wolflady, thank you for that bit of information. I did not know that this kind of act was a compliment to us.

Neko1, wow that is some drooling going on there.:eek:

Tonya
09-25-2003, 10:09 PM
One of my best friends when I was a kid had a cat that drooled like crazy. When I stayed the night, Baby Kitty would lay in my hair and drool all over it. lol.

Samantha Puppy
09-26-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Whenever my hubby has Mooky in his arms and starts petting him, Mooky starts to drool. The longer he pets him the more he drools.

Do any of you cats drool when they get affectionate and is this normal? My other cats never did this. Yup, Sherman drools when he is very content, which is usually on someone's lap (but only when it was his idea).

ramanth
09-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Chance (one of my parents 5 cats) will drool when he's affectionate. He also likes to groom me and lick my face.

Here's a pic of the culprit. :D
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/cats/chance.jpg

2kitties
09-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Rocky just drools in his sleep. I think it's natural for them when they are finally relaxed.

Killearn Kitties
09-26-2003, 08:57 AM
Our Daisy drools. Never during the day, only at night when she jumps on the bed. She can be quite a nervous little cat and I think she feels safer when we are lying down. She'll jump on the bed, do some serious duvet kneading, then purr and purr and purr. Then she cuddles in at my neck still purring like crazy and drools.

I just love it when she cuddles me!:D

catmandu
09-26-2003, 09:41 AM
moose drools a bit but for the most part the Lost Cats dont drool all that much. But theyPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cloverfdx
09-26-2003, 11:21 AM
lol interesting thead :D

glad to hear that my Yumi isnt the only drooler, along with the PURRRRRRRING and keading

Cataholic
09-26-2003, 12:50 PM
First, NONE of you have the right to 'complain' about drool- trust me on this(BINX!!!).

Seriously, the only cat I have ever known to drool is Minnie, the semi feral. I find it fascinating to know it is a compliment. She will drool like crazy doing the elevator butt, and I always smile. I wonder what makes some droolers, and some dry?

rg_girlca
09-26-2003, 06:57 PM
LOL Cataholic. I know where your coming from with Binx. A friend of mine had a St. Bernard and boy they drool something fierce.

Also that is a good question you brought up about why some kitties drool and others don't. I would be interested in knowing the answer to that one.

I have no complaints about the drool cause Mooky is a real daddy's boy and he only goes to daddy for lovings.
So I'm glad to say, that I am drool free.

Thanks again for all who replied as it was interesting reading all your answers.

rosethecopycat
09-26-2003, 07:44 PM
Neko, you kill me!

I cat sat a cat that lived on a porch, in FL, and didn't have much of a life in my opinion. So I'd go over there and he'd climb up on my lap and it was like a waterfall. I had to wear special drool clothes over there. And shower after the twice daily visit. Poor guy... just starving for affection. But, I can't say that that would be a good thing happening in the house if he were allowed in. But what came first: the drooling or the living on the porch?:confused: