PDA

View Full Version : Needing to vent

Aspen and Misty
09-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Ok, I'm mad at my youth pastor because she has Youth Groups on sunday nights and keeps inviting me to go and is like come it will be fun and I'm like I can't I have EMT training on Sunday nights and I CAN'T skip that class. I told her I was trying to be an offical EMT by the time I was 16 and a half (which is acctually kinda old considering most of the EMT's there started being an offical EMT on there 16th birthday) and she is like we'll your faith it more important then EMT training and you should come to youth group. Now I know faith is important and w/e but I go to a christian school and have bible EVERY day. I learn just as much. We have Chapel EVERY Friday and it's just like church. She acts like cause I don't go to youth group that means that I don't have faith. I don't know why this bothers me but it does, I dunno, she doesn't even know me and already is making judgements about me.

Sorry to vent,
Ash

wolfsoul
09-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Eeep, she sure sounds rude. :( Don't listen to her, what she's trying to do is manipulate you by making you feel bad. Just say that you don't need to go to a youth group to have faith. Your faith comes straight from the heart.

slick
09-24-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, I just have to step in here even though I make it a rule not to talk politics or religion.

I'm a Christian and God has been with me since I was very young. I've never attended church and don't intend to ever. I believe that faith is in your heart and my religion is something very personal that's between me and God (and obviously you PT'ers now). I don't need to go into a church or any group to know that He's there and He and I have daily conversations. I admire you wanting to be an EMT and that's a very important decision you've made. I stand by you and say finish the EMT and speak to God about it. He will understand why you are not attending the youth group.

dukedogsmom
09-24-2003, 07:42 PM
I agree. I think she's being a little relentless on this. It's not like you're not going any time. She's missing the whole point anyway. Anyone can attend things. It's what's between them and God that counts.

Aspen and Misty
09-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Thanx everyone.

Wolfsoul, Jorden- Thanx and she can be rude, very rude.

Slick- your right, Faith is between the person a god. I've acctually been praying for the past 2 or 3 weeks for God to give me something to do with my spare time as I do almost nothing. Well my friend Mary came and told me about EMT traing I went and fell in love with what they do. I acctually never intended to do it but I love it.

Dukesmom- Thats true, I don't have enough guts to say it to her, but thats very true!

Ash

slick
09-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Ash, what will this EMT training allow you to do at 16 yrs old??

Aspen and Misty
09-24-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by slick
Ash, what will this EMT training allow you to do at 16 yrs old??

Be and EMT, I'll be IN the ambulance going to calls and everything. I'll have a beeper like an EMT respond to calls like an EMT and save lives like an EMT.

At the moment though I'm just a Jurnior Fire Fighter, don't have any training or anythign and just get to do the "dirty" work. Like clean off the fire trucks when they come back from a call and get them all set up again and everything. I know I'll learn alot. :D

LOL, sorry I got rambling.

Ash

micki76
09-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
Be and EMT, I'll be IN the ambulance going to calls and everything. I'll have a beeper like an EMT respond to calls like an EMT and save lives like an EMT.

At the moment though I'm just a Jurnior Fire Fighter, don't have any training or anythign and just get to do the "dirty" work. Like clean off the fire trucks when they come back from a call and get them all set up again and everything. I know I'll learn alot. :D

LOL, sorry I got rambling.

Ash

WOW! That's really, really cool. I think she needs to lighten up a bit. Nothing gets me going better than someone telling me how my relationship with anyone should be.

moosmom
09-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Aspen & Misty,

Stick to your guns! EMT classes require total concentration. I know because that's how I started out. I became an EMT at the age of 26 then went on to get my Paramedics license years later.

You can always go to the youth thing later. But the EMT training is very important. Your going on calls and doing your clinical in the Emergency Room will groom you for what you'll see once you get your certification.

I commend you for going for the gold at such a young age. I'm sorry I waited so long, but never regret my decision. It takes a special kind of person to deal with blood and guts, and kiddo, YOU'RE IT!!!

Keep up the good work and tell the pastor it can wait. Let me know how you're doing and remember your ABC's

A=Airway

B=Breathing

C=Circulation

:) ;)

Dakota's Mommy
09-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Personally, I think saving lives is an act that God grants you to get to do so I think the EMT training sounds really important, and it sounds like God would understand and be proud of what you're using the time to do. It's not like you're out partying or hurting anybody with this decision! I personally think you're doing the right thing, you should be proud of that training! Without people like you doing this, a lot of people wouldn't get the help that they need and that I feel God intends for them to recieve! But, that's just my 2 cents on the matter!

Aspen and Misty
09-26-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Aspen & Misty,

Stick to your guns! EMT classes require total concentration. I know because that's how I started out. I became an EMT at the age of 26 then went on to get my Paramedics license years later.

You can always go to the youth thing later. But the EMT training is very important. Your going on calls and doing your clinical in the Emergency Room will groom you for what you'll see once you get your certification.

I commend you for going for the gold at such a young age. I'm sorry I waited so long, but never regret my decision. It takes a special kind of person to deal with blood and guts, and kiddo, YOU'RE IT!!!

Keep up the good work and tell the pastor it can wait. Let me know how you're doing and remember your ABC's

A=Airway

B=Breathing

C=Circulation

:) ;)

I was wondering if anyone else was an EMT. Thanx for the tip about the ABC'S, we havn't learned anything yet. I'm exited to get started though!

Ha, I laugh at the sight of blood and guts, ha ha ha ::faints::

LOL

Thankyou Dakota's mom!

Ash