PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if something happened to Pettalk?

CamCamPup33
09-24-2003, 04:16 PM
This can be anything... like.. the website was destroyed.. karen didnt like us anymore.. :p ;) Anything what would you do?

I would go crazy.. i seriously would.. I LOVE it here and hmm.. what would i do? i dont know just be sad forever.. LOL how about you?

micki76
09-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Are you trying to tell us something? *paranoid* (can’t live without her Pet Talk everyday)

Cataholic
09-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Let's say something DID happen to PT...which would be totally sad...how would we ever go about contacting each other again, to get another site set up?

Karen and Paul, do you have a contingency plan??????

CamCamPup33
09-24-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Are you trying to tell us something? *paranoid* (can’t live without her Pet Talk everyday)

YES! yes i am... im glad you took my hint.. YOU are hearby banned from pettalk... :p NOO! im kidding how would we be able to live with no pettalk and no millie or chester?!?! :eek: dont even think about it!

catnip- i often wondered the same thing.. i mean we have such close bonds with eachother (all of us) and how would we stay in contact?! :eek: *sobs* NO KAREN AND PAUL! NO! :D

primabella
09-24-2003, 04:51 PM
I used to be a regular member on another messageboard but because it was free to join, the host wasn't getting enough money. (or something like that) it had to shut down and we all lost contact with eachother. A few of us were able to reach eachother again and met up at another board. But now...the place is like a ghost town. :( I was speaking to one girl and she needed help with one of her dogs. I told her to join PT but she never answered back. :(

I would REALLY hate for PT to get shut down for whatever reason. I don't know what I would do--probably go crazy for awhile. lol I hope there is a "back-up plan". ;)

bluekat
09-24-2003, 04:52 PM
ohhh, I'd seriously go crazy too. And be very very sad. I hope that never happens though.
Well, if that did happen, I hope we can still be in contact with everyone. But I really hope it doesn't happen, because I love it here, and this is the place that cheers me up all the time when I'm sad.:) :D

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 04:53 PM
e-mail, AIM. :)

CamCamPup33
09-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
e-mail, AIM. :)

what about the people who..... didnt have any email or aim..? yeah well... what about that?!? muawhahahwah i stumped you! :rolleyes: lol

slick
09-24-2003, 04:58 PM
Good point. I am truly addicted to PT and believe it or not have dreamt about many of you even though we haven't met. How scary is that :eek: Now that it's been brought up maybe it's a good time to PM your good friends and exchange email addresses to keep on hand in case something does happen.

Pam
09-24-2003, 05:21 PM
This is a scary thought. There have been a few times when Pet Talk has been down and it is a little unnerving. I have the e-mail addresses of several good friends that I have met here and I would continue to keep in touch, but there are oh so many pupsters and kitties that I would worry about and miss whom I would never hear about again. :(

Amber
09-24-2003, 05:45 PM
My mind would blow up! i would GO CrAzY! I wuv pet talk!:)

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Most of the people I talk to the most, I either have e-mail addy or AIM. I'm never stumped. :p

CamCamPup33
09-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Most of the people I talk to the most, I either have e-mail addy or AIM. I'm never stumped. :p

yes you were!! lol :p but no i bet im a stronger 80 year old.. and i bet i have a better walker!! :D :D :D

popcornbird
09-24-2003, 06:08 PM

YOU do, but I don't have any...............well, not many. I wouldn't remember them if I couldn't check them in my PM box. I would..............CRY! :(:(:( Let's hope such a thing never happens.

Slick, you're not alone. I've seen PT'ers in my dreams so many times, and the scariest thing is the common person in almost all my PT dreams is Cataholic! ;);) She was in my dream again last night. :rolleyes: She's usually in my dreams in person, but last night, she was on PT in my dream..........in other words, we were PMing each other back and forth in the dream. :rolleyes: LOL

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
yes you were!! lol :p but no i bet im a stronger 80 year old.. and i bet i have a better walker!! :D :D :D

Are you suggesting a walker duel at the meeting? I'm in.

CamCamPup33
09-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Are you suggesting a walker duel at the meeting? I'm in.

WELL.. YES I AM!! My shiny silver walker is better than yours!! fine! thats it! **gets walker and raises above head** im coming to stalk you (remeber im yours and julies stalker..) and im coming to hit you with my walker.. you dont wanna mess with me and my walker! Are you sure you are up for the challenge? BOB?

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 06:14 PM
*Grabs Simba(my shot gun) and Nala(my racehorse)*

I'M READY. I'M READY. I'M READY. I'M READY. *in sponge bob voice*

CamCamPup33
09-24-2003, 06:20 PM
**grabs cami she will maul you if you take an extra swing.. ** ** GRABS CALI! just so you can pet her.. :rolleyes: :D **

LETS GO!! CAMI ATTACK!! no.. **grabs remote for automatic walker** **walker rolls to me** **RAISES**

SWINGSS!! hey kayann did you feel that!?!?! lmao

dukedogsmom
09-24-2003, 08:37 PM
I think we all would go nuts! I really don't know what I would do. Probably go back to Ebay and spend too much money.

dukedogsmom
09-24-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Let's say something DID happen to PT...which would be totally sad...how would we ever go about contacting each other again, to get another site set up?

Karen and Paul, do you have a contingency plan??????
This is a very good question! We need a backup plan.

binka_nugget
09-24-2003, 08:44 PM
I'd go crazy! I've joined a few other pet forums but none of them are like this one. I guess it'd be not too difficult to find most people through aim or email since I have so many other pters on my list..that probably have even more pters..and so on. If that happened, we'd probably have to set up a board on a free server or something lol

carole
09-24-2003, 09:16 PM
I would be extremely sad and miserable, I never knew how addicted I was until my internet server was no longer available, just those few days without you guys was HELLISH.

I guess life would go on, but it would never be quite the same, I would MISS YA ALL TOO MUCH for sure.

Karen
09-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Me? I'd either be hovering behind Paul as he worked hard to bring it back up, or on the phone to whoever's fault it was that it was down. Trust me, I know this from experience. I'm no help with technical stuff beyond a certain level, but I can be VERY persistent on the telephone!

Paul is very careful (as well as being sweet, cute and just the best ... ) and is the one resposible for Pet Talk keeping running so long so far! Okay, and the wooden gate that keeps a certain little brown bunny out of this room so she doesn't cut the power cords to our computers also helps!

K9karen
09-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Besides having a heart attack, I'd email as usual and my phone bills would keep me in debt forever. Hey! It's 1am.. what would I do? (My secret name is Elvira!)

wolf_Q
09-25-2003, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't have anyone to annoy with dog pics and stories, so I'd have to annoy complete strangers and who knows what trouble that could get me in to. Just kidding. ;)

I'm hopelessly addicted, and it would be hard for me if I had no Pet Talk!

cloverfdx
09-25-2003, 07:59 AM
hmmm *thinking* uh live life normally (as it is now), would not realy bother me at all

anna_66
09-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
hmmm *thinking* uh live life normally (as it is now), would not realy bother me at all
Really:confused:
I would miss the stories, pictures and the people so much!

Cataholic
09-25-2003, 09:17 AM

Really? I would go crazy. I would miss everyone (that means YOU, too, and you dern well know who I mean, even if you don't respond to my pm), their pets, the stories, the fun.

Pam
09-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I wouldn't have anyone to annoy with dog pics and stories, so I'd have to annoy complete strangers

Me too!
:p

2kitties
09-25-2003, 10:05 AM
probably get more work done at my job:)

CamCamPup33
09-25-2003, 05:12 PM
hmmm *thinking* uh live life normally (as it is now), would not realy bother me at all[/B]

WHAT?!?! :eek:

Originally posted by Karen
Me? I'd either be hovering behind Paul as he worked hard to bring it back up, or on the phone to whoever's fault it was that it was down. Trust me, I know this from experience. I'm no help with technical stuff beyond a certain level, but I can be VERY persistent on the telephone!

LOL karen!! YAY so we have a persistant person! thats good to know! :D

cloverfdx
09-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Really? I would go crazy. I would miss everyone (that means YOU, too, and you dern well know who I mean, even if you don't respond to my pm), their pets, the stories, the fun.

*chuckles* ooops, i gues i would miss all the pics and stories *never realy thought of that* and i would worry about Binxs

*sorry*:o

lovemyshiba
09-26-2003, 10:25 AM
I would hate it.
Yesterday a certain little doggie chewed into my cable wire as I was browsing Pet Talk, and I was offline for the rest of the day.

I would miss the pictures, and the jokes, and hearing about everyone. I wouldn't know who was our next foster "failure", or who had a sick pet to pray for, or who got a new pet, or be able to watch pups like Dale and Sebastian and Piper grow. I wouldn't know how Binx's sir jury went, how Oz was doing in agility, how Nebo and Malone are doing in training, or anything.
I wouldn't be able to congratulate pups and humans on their birthdays.....my list goes on. As you can see, PT is a big part of my days.