PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #21

slick
09-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Has anyone started one for Thursday yet?? OOOOPS, I guess I just did. Duh!

Suggestions for themes:

Mexican Fiesta: We could have a fiesta and get some pinata's up and any PT'ers who hit a milestones that day can have a turn at it. Maybe we could persuade Richard to give a Flamingo dance. The DOTD would have to include Jose Cuervo somehow or a good Spanish Wine. Anybody got any maracas??

Autumn Arrival: We all dress up in autumn leaves and dance around the Horn of Plenty. Later we can have a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch???

lbaker
09-24-2003, 03:10 PM
oh double dang, these always get started just as i'm about to go home & hurricane Is-a-bitch knocked out my home computer :mad: I bet by the time I show up tomorrow morning yawl be half sloshed and doing the mexican hat dance in a pumpkin patch & I'll NEVER find you :rolleyes: I guess I can always follow the sound of the maracas. You are talking about those rattly seed filled gourds aren't you, not that silly dance :o
Laurie ;)

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by slick
Has anyone started one for Thursday yet?? OOOOPS, I guess I just did. Duh!

Suggestions for themes:

Mexican Fiesta: We could have a fiesta and get some pinata's up and any PT'ers who hit a milestones that day can have a turn at it. Maybe we could persuade Richard to give a Flamingo dance. The DOTD would have to include Jose Cuervo somehow or a good Spanish Wine. Anybody got any maracas??

Autumn Arrival: We all dress up in autumn leaves and dance around the Horn of Plenty. Later we can have a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch???

I vote for the skimpy winter sprite outfits!;)

Gateway to Winter
The Autumnal Equinox marks the beginning of shorter days and longer nights. We gather with friends to strengthen our spirits in preparation for the passage into Winter. But it is a time of thanksgiving, for on the other side of that dark Winter is Spring.

Oh, and the bathroom has soap, toilet paper and towels............I made sure myself.....;)

slick
09-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
I vote for the skimpy winter sprite outfits!;)
If what I'm thinking of is what you are thinking of, some of those outfits include Spandex and look like bike shorts, except longer legs.......are you sure??:D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2003, 05:10 PM
WHOA!!!!!
No spandex for me, thank you very much!! No one in the whole world will ever see THAT!!!
We have a cold front heading our way. For some reason I'm hungry for pumpin pie and apple cider but I love Mexican food too!:D

babolaypo65
09-24-2003, 05:17 PM
How about Hot apple pie? Hot apple cider, tuaca mexican liquer and whipped cream. YUMMMM

for those of us still in summer weather how about some sangria!

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
WHOA!!!!!
No spandex for me, thank you very much!! No one in the whole world will ever see THAT!!!
We have a cold front heading our way. For some reason I'm hungry for pumpin pie and apple cider but I love Mexican food too!:D

two votes against

AAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
AH....AH......AH...................

strike up the Mariachis!!

Miss Meow
09-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Nachos, jalapenos, burritos (aren't they donkeys???) I am there! :)

Miss Meow
09-24-2003, 05:21 PM
And that yummy Mexican beer, Corona, with a wedge of lemon jammed in the neck (sounds quite vicious ;))

catland
09-24-2003, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a great idea. We're getting a last blast of summer here in the ol' Pac NW - highs in the low 80's (26-28c).

habanero eating contest anyone?;)

eek - I just heard on the radio that it's supposed to get up into the 90's this weekend. Yikes.

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Mexican Grasshopper

3/4 oz. Each: Kahlua, White Creme de Cacoa, Cream

Shake over ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or Flute

lol,

remember one day we will rum out of new drinks and have to recycle some!!!

--------------

babo,

your wish.....

DONE!

MM,

Very Good! (the '-itos' suffix means small)
Small Burros!!!! or little asses.......lol

a corona for you!

maybe some guacamole????

DONE!

Catland,

For a contest like that we may have to upgrade the restroom....those bars along the side of the potty are not for the disabled folks.....it's to keep people from blowing themselves off the seat!

:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Just wondering: why do they leave a worm in a bottle of tequila? YUCK!!!!:D

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 05:49 PM
Just wondering: why do they leave a worm in a bottle of tequila? YUCK!!!!:D

actually,
the worm tests the tequila and should climb out....he gets too drunk to navigate the climb...
give me a second to find out!!

URBAN COWBOY has the greatest scene....the actor that plays Travolta's arch enemy gets the worm out of the bottle by sticking his tongue to plug the neck, he tilts it up and suck that puppy down when the worm sink to the bottom!!!

ewwwwww!

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 05:55 PM
THE AGAVE WORM

The notorious Worm, Hipopta Agavis , also known as gusano rojo ("red worm") or gusano de maguey (maguey=agave worm) is a lepidopterous of the family Cossidae which perforates bases of Maguey leaves and builds galleries in the stems of some Agaves. The worm is considered a benign plague because of its good looks (very clean, coral color), good flavor and high price it fetches in the traditional Zapotec markets. It is prepared with tortillas or with salt ("worm salt").

Grown -up worm is a small brown butterfly of about 15 mm length. Males have body covered with wings. Females lack wings on the abdomen, their mouth is small and not well developed (oops!) and their back wings are white and furry. The larvae are 25 to 30 mm long, up to 5 mm wide and are bright coral colored.

Because of the flavor and fragrance that the worm gives to Mezcal, salt and salsas, it is very much in demand and difficult to find even in season. Therefore, some producers started to use another variety, Atrovirens , a white worm that inhabits leaves. The red is found in roots or the head of maguey. Both types are different in smell, color and flavor. The red variety is considered the superior one. In the bottle, it slowly loses its bright coral hue, becames paler and paler - but never turns ash-grey like the other variety.

In the prehispanic cultures the worm was eaten by itself and was highly appreciated as condiment.Some Indian tribes thought of the worm as a powerful aphrodisiac, that also blessed the warriors with virility and strength.The addition of worm to Mezcal was meant as proof of alcohol content but it considerably alters the taste, smell and color of liquor. To eat a worm when the bottle is empty is said to give a powerful "kick", very similar to "doing the roach" after taking your CA / AZ prescribed medication.

-------------------------

Doing the roach???? CA prescribed medication...

Well I NEVER......;)

slick
09-24-2003, 05:57 PM
"doing the roach" after taking your CA / AZ prescribed medication.
OK, I don't get this.

Can we invite the Taco Bell dog??

"OK, take your hands off the taco and slowing walk away...."

babolaypo65
09-24-2003, 06:26 PM
They are donkeys! Little donkeys to be exact. What we learned growing up was that burritos were invented way back when to be "carry out" food, eaten on your burro while you work...

Originally posted by Miss Meow
Nachos, jalapenos, burritos (aren't they donkeys???) I am there! :)

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 06:51 PM
do we have any pillarhoods, b days or PROMOTIONS to celebrate this week????:D

babolaypo65
09-24-2003, 06:51 PM
nope, nope, nothing to see here. move along. move along...;)

slick
09-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
nope, nope, nothing to see here. move along. move along...;)
That was answered much too quickly. Should we be looking for something here??

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 07:02 PM
I was just hoping to get the 'special occasions'
noted so we can properly acknowledge those milestones and raise a toast to those fortunate
PTers amongst us!!!

slick
09-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Binx on the dogside is having sir jury on Friday. Maybe we could have a special toast to make sure he makes it through OK.

zippy-kat
09-24-2003, 07:13 PM
And Juni Rose is getting the big snip!

babolaypo65
09-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Yes. It's true.
Richard and I were pm-ing and I told him...
I teach in a university and at the begining of the fall semester they made me head of my department. It's a tad more money, and quite a bit more work. Hopefully it will also help me get tenure in two years....

That was answered much too quickly. Should we be looking for something here??

babolaypo65
09-24-2003, 07:42 PM
the big snip! I wonder, does Juni Rose think this is a celebratory event?
;)

Originally posted by zippy-kat
And Juni Rose is getting the big snip!

slick
09-24-2003, 07:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! THAT'S CERTAINLY WORTH CELEBRATING.
Also we can toast Cookiebaker who made 4000 this week.

babolaypo65
09-24-2003, 07:48 PM
I guess it is really! So far its just been sorta freaky and a lot of work... but yeah, it really IS a good thing.

and CONGRATS cookiebaker!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! THAT'S CERTAINLY WORTH CELEBRATING.
Also we can toast Cookiebaker who made 4000 this week.

Cookiebaker
09-24-2003, 07:52 PM
*clinks her glass* Thank you so much Slick!

The Mexican Grasshopper sounds yummy! I'll order one of those. :) (I don't handle alcohol tho' so I'll only be taking the one)

Cookiebaker
09-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Yes. It's true.
Richard and I were pm-ing and I told him...
I teach in a university and at the begining of the fall semester they made me head of my department. It's a tad more money, and quite a bit more work. Hopefully it will also head me get tenure in two years....

And congratulations to you!! That sounds really exciting. *clinks glass again* :D

zippy-kat
09-24-2003, 07:55 PM
CONGRATS BABO!!
How wonderful! We'll have to celebrate again in October!

slick
09-24-2003, 07:57 PM
**clink clink**
6pm now so I'm heading off home. See y'all tomorrow for the Siesta. Better bring my Beano since I'll be eating all those burritos tomorrow :eek: :eek: Thank goodness I have an office with a door.

babolaypo65
09-24-2003, 08:02 PM
There's a secret to ahem... de-gassing beans when you cook them.....:D

thanks for all the kind words! happy thursday!

mugsy
09-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Well, the way I feel tonight, pumpkin pie sounds better. My tummy is upset. :( But, Mexican is ok because then I won't eat anything and will stick to diet pop, soooooo.....I won't gain any weight!! :D ;)

KYS
09-24-2003, 10:08 PM
pumpkin pie sounds delicious with a tall glass of
cold milk.

A big Congrats babolaypo65... :)

lbaker
09-25-2003, 06:53 AM
Worms, grasshoppers & California roaches hmmmmm, do the roaches give you the munchies? :o I knew if I left you guys to your own devices we'd end up buggy :eek: ah-REEEE-Bah eiy eiy eiy. La cucuracha anyone? Here's to Binx, and congrats to Babo & Cookiebaker and good luck to little JuniRose. We've had disease, hurricanes and pestulance on the East Coast, now here come the locusts - might as well join them, gimme a grasshopper bartender, with a bean-o back :o puleeese?

zippy-kat
09-25-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
bean-o back

:rolleyes: *blonde moment*

I kept reading and re-reading that... thought you were trying to say benebact, which was a medicine Sophie took for her tummy troubles. Almost that time of year:( guess I just have her on my mind.

Surprise me with something bartender... nothing peach, raspberry, or chocolate though.

Sopapillas anyone? (Which are/were also called Sophie-pee-uhs in our house. :) )

babolaypo65
09-25-2003, 10:03 AM
LOL. We call them sofa pillows

Originally posted by zippy-kat
:

Sopapillas anyone? (Which are/were also called Sophie-pee-uhs in our house. :) )

slick
09-25-2003, 11:19 AM
It's gonna be a busy day for me today because I have meetings back to back so probably won't be here much today. Haven't had breakfast yet so please pass the beans......maybe it will make the meetings shorter....:D :D :D

catland
09-25-2003, 11:21 AM
Hey Bartender - a DOTD please. Some chips and salsa would be nice too.

This week - we salute Mexico - next week, Octoberfest?

Logan
09-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Whatever you're serving, bartender, will be fine with me (after 5, of course). :o Just remember, no dark liquor and no coconut.......you probably don't need to be reminded anymore, but I'm making sure!!! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
I'm surprised animal rights group don't protest the mistreatment of innocent tequila worms!
I'd love a burrito smothered in chili and cheese, please?:D

slick
Just checked out General and Kim has 2000 posts! Let's clink glasses to her.

BTW: On the radio today on the way in to work they had a little blurb about a new education course that German men can take. It teaches them how to use the washing machine. First class includes "how to seperate whites from colours" and "where the fabric softener goes". I howled. :D :D :D

RICHARD
09-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Just checked out General and Kim has 2000 posts! Let's clink glasses to her.

BTW: On the radio today on the way in to work they had a little blurb about a new education course that German men can take. It teaches them how to use the washing machine. First class includes "how to seperate whites from colours" and "where the fabric softener goes". I howled. :D :D :D

american men learn that in a class called "DIVORCE" ;)

CONGRATS to Kim, Cookiebaker(Quadri-pillar!!) and Babo!!!

Good thoughts to Binx and Juni Rose!!!!!

Here We GO!!!!!

MOFF,
One Dotd and a 'swimming burrito'!

Done!

Logan,
Dotd?
DONE!

Catland,
Dotd, chips and salsa!
Done!

Laurie, Cookie-
(i CAN call you cookie w/o fear of
being sued???)

Dotd!
DONE!

Mugs and Kys,
Pumpkin Pie w/milk...
DONE!

Zipadelic,
How's about a Margi? and a Sofa pillow!
Done.

and last but not least,
Slick......

A giant COMBO BURRITO.....
lol, sit next to the boss!!!!lololol..

lbaker
09-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Richard, is that because you think I've "snapped" :eek: ;) or maybe going "quackers" * giggle * I know, I know.... groan :rolleyes:

lbaker
09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
waaaait a minute, I just read over the recipe for your Grasshopper, isn't it supposed to have something green in it? Like creme de menthe (sp?) or something?

RICHARD
09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Richard, is that because you think I've "snapped" :eek: ;) or maybe going "quackers" * giggle * I know, I know.... groan :rolleyes:

nope! not at all.......

you know i love camp and "punniness"!
the cheesier the better!!!

slick
09-25-2003, 12:25 PM
OK, 1 meeting over and done with. Please, sir, may I try one of them there Grasshopper things? Thanks.

And speaking about grasshoppers, I found one in my apt last week. How can they jump up 14 floors?? Cats were not the least bit impressed.

wolflady
09-25-2003, 12:30 PM
:eek: I'm late! So glad I made it! As always, one of the grasshopper drinks sound great! Serve it on up Richard, followed by one of your famous margaritas. Don't forget the hot home-made salsa to fit in with the mexican theme!
I would also like a quesadilla, cheese please! :D
Cheers to everyone! Fall is one of my favorite times of year!

lbaker
09-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Slick, did you see those pictures from the dog side of "Nebo & the Grasshopper"? Priceless. Your cats weren't even curious? Mine go nutz when they find one!

slick
09-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Slick, did you see those pictures from the dog side of "Nebo & the Grasshopper"? Priceless. Your cats weren't even curious? Mine go nutz when they find one!
Yes I did. I can't believe what great pictures you all take. The closeups of the nose....hilarious.:D :D And no, Speckles just walked away from it and Max just sniffed and ran. He's scared of everything.

RICHARD
09-25-2003, 12:43 PM
slick,

A Dotd! and one more meeting!!

14 floors??????

Done!

Wolflady,

A Dotd, Margi, salsa and a quesadilla

DONE!

I took Eddie to Mom's house-he finds a grasshopper and all hell breaks loose!!!!;)

babolaypo65
09-25-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm having really spicy green chile stew for lunch. Can I have a big ole sangria please?

catland
09-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Hey - Wolflady just hit 2500. Sounds like reason enough for another round.:D

RICHARD
09-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by catland

A round for the House!!!!

Congrats Wolflady!

only 500 more to get the toaster!!;)

Babo,

Sangria for you......

Green Chile Stew......warm tortillas and Ceasar salad on the side, maybe???

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

slick
09-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Hey, they are shooting a movie right outside our office and I'm looking at it as I type. Will let you know if I see any celebs. Congrats Wolflady. You're right Catland, anything for a party.

wolflady
09-25-2003, 01:32 PM

:o I didn't even notice this until you mentioned it! Thanks for noticing! ;) Especially since we get to celebrate with another round! LOL :D
**hugs**
Karen

Keep that hot salsa coming with warm tortilla chips Richard! The spicier, the better! :eek:

lbaker
09-25-2003, 01:45 PM
They're shooting a movie down the street from my office in Washington DC too! Closed down parts of Pennsylvania Ave, Constitution Ave and some other downtown streets yesterday, today & the 29th. Movie will be called "National Treasure" starring Nicholas Cage (yum :eek: :cool: )

RICHARD
09-25-2003, 02:24 PM
They're shooting a movie down the street from my office in Washington DC too! Closed down parts of Pennsylvania Ave, Constitution Ave and some other downtown streets yesterday, today & the 29th. Movie will be called "National Treasure" starring Nicholas Cage (yum :eek: :cool: )

Wolflady,

chip and salsa...

and another round for the house!!

Hey,
I'll only let celebs in IF THEY BEHAVE THEMSELVES......;)

Of course Salma, Catherine, Jane and Felicity (not that one!) are always welcome!!

Anyone want to Mexican Hat Dance with me???

zippy-kat
09-25-2003, 02:29 PM
I SMELL LIKE TWO MUDDY DOGS -- just 'rescued' Molly and Wallace (whose owner didn't seem very concerned that some stranger had his escapee dogs:mad: :mad: ).

Can I have a shower and Nicolas Cage--oh and two schmirnies to wash him down with? I mean wash this DAY down with?! ;)

slick
09-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Anyone want to Mexican Hat Dance with me???
You dance?? All the men I've known wouldn't be caught dead on the dance floor.

Shake what yur Momma gave ya!!:D :D

lbaker
09-25-2003, 02:34 PM
:D :D Well somebody certainly does nEeD sUpErViSiOn around here :eek: Oh my goodness, no wait - goodness has nothing to do with it, not at Thursday's :o :rolleyes:

Richard, what ARE you wearing under that poncho :eek: * hiC *

slick
09-25-2003, 02:45 PM
:D :D Well somebody certainly does nEeD sUpErViSiOn around here :eek: Oh my goodness, no wait - goodness has nothing to do with it, not at Thursday's :o :rolleyes:

Richard, what ARE you wearing under that poncho :eek: * hiC *
ROFLMAO!!! Awaiting response.......

zippy-kat
09-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Here's something for you guys to drink to... I'm getting ready to go check on a j-o-b. Please cross your fingers... (actually, according to her hiccupping, I think everythings crossed for Laurie now:D )

psst! and no, I don't smell like doggies anymore...

nervously yours,
zip

slick
09-25-2003, 02:53 PM
GOOD LUCK ZIPPY!! I hope everything "works" out OK. Since you're nervous, how about a nip of brandy before you go??

lbaker
09-25-2003, 02:54 PM
GOOOOOO ZIPSTER all Friday's hoists a toast filled with luck to you. Fingers, paws and OK, in my case maybe eyes :o crossed for you

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2003, 02:58 PM
GOOD LUCK ZIPPY!! I hope everything "works" out OK. Since you're nervous, how about a nip of brandy before you go??
:D I don't think having 'brandy breath' is any way to impress a potential new boss unless he owns a bar. ;)

wolflady
09-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Good luck Zip! Like Slick said, do let us know how it all "works" out! Cheers!
Another round please! :D

zippy-kat
09-25-2003, 03:13 PM
No more drinking for me... I feel a little green as it is...

with this send button, I'm out the door....

RICHARD
09-25-2003, 03:35 PM
zipmeister,

Two schmirnies and you'll have to get Nick on your own.......

Damnit Zip,
I'm a bartender, NOT a pimp! lololol

get that job, get that job!!!

Slick,

it's not a dance, it more like DT's!!!
(I actually got it from DAD;)...)

What am I wearing under the poncho???

CLEAN UNDERWEAR!!!
lololololol....

Wolflady,

I'm buying this round!!!!!

buena suerte, zip!

slick
09-25-2003, 03:41 PM
Glad to hear they are clean Richard. Just keep Eddie away from them :D :D Oops, got another meeting in 15 min. Better hand over another one of those extra special burritos with extra hot salsa. Mucho gracias.

Miss Meow
09-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Wow, the party's kicking on today!

Congratulations to Kimlovescatsandwhitedogs and Wolflady and Babolaypo!

Zippy, good luck with the job!

Bartender, surprise me!

Cincy'sMom
09-25-2003, 03:58 PM
Looks like it has been a happening Thrusday....is to too late to get in on the grasshoppers?

RICHARD
09-25-2003, 04:03 PM
Slick,

Burrito for you!!

Done!

MM,

Will you try a Mexican Grasshopper??

DONE?

CM,

It's never too late, Dotd for you!

DONE!!!

I'd like to Salsa, but I hate the way it oozes thru my toes:eek: :rolleyes: :confused: :mad: :D

Miss Meow
09-25-2003, 05:36 PM
A Mexican Grasshopper it is!

And a plate of nachos please, without the salsa! :eek:

slick
09-25-2003, 05:38 PM
OK. meeting #2 over and done with. God I hate meetings and I have to stop myself from falling asleep....

Another grasshopper please. OOOOO I think those burritos are starting to get to me. Yummy though.:D

catland
09-25-2003, 05:45 PM
Slick - do you have any more meetings or can you stay at the party now?

Richard - you are as always a wonderful host. Another DOTD please.:D

RICHARD
09-25-2003, 06:13 PM
MM,

hold the salsa!!
(it's not like those fine wines, stomped by little old ladies in the north of Italy!!)

Slick and Catland and MM,

Another grasshopper!!

Done!!!

oh oh,

before i forget.........a joke.....

Two dyslexics walk into a bra.......:rolleyes:

slick
09-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Two dyslexics walk into a bra.......:rolleyes:
Great, I just spit my grasshopper all over the keyboard. :D :D :D
Back for about an hour Catland, then going home. All meetings over with for today. They always schedule these things on a Thursday. **sigh** Work always interferes with my social / cyber life.

babolaypo65
09-25-2003, 07:22 PM
So close! I had a regular dinner salad on the side, but otherwise you got it right! The sangria was the perfect addition!

A round for the House!!!!

Congrats Wolflady!

only 500 more to get the toaster!!;)

Babo,

Sangria for you......

Green Chile Stew......warm tortillas and Ceasar salad on the side, maybe???

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

babolaypo65
09-25-2003, 07:24 PM
How'd the job interview go ZIP???

zippy-kat
09-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Well, it wasn't an interview per say...

I heard about this position last week via a family friend and applied online (as directed/requested), this application was sent to the HQ (I don't understand why they didn't just go to the local office, but...?). Well, Dad talked to our friend again this morning. He informed Dad that the employer was still looking for someone and he had dropped my name.

Fast forward to this afternoon, I walked into the office and spoke to the employer's wife. I told her I that a family friend informed me of an opening--she cut me off and said, "You must be Tonya!" (Hopefully that's a good thing!)

Long story short, he hadn't received anything (in terms of applications/resumes) from the HQ offices. He said he'd called up there earlier and found out that the person who was in charge of sending the apps to the corresponding agencies, quit the same Friday I sent mine in. Thus, they're trying to get their junk in order and she'd ship it over in a day or two. Soooo.... I dropped my resume off and he's suppose to call me back.

Thanks for the well wishes, all! :D Can I have a grasshopper now?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-26-2003, 12:04 AM
What am I wearing under the poncho???
CLEAN UNDERWEAR!!!

You make a mother proud, Richard!

And what's this? I've been so busy with school work, I turn my back for a few minutes and you're all getting sloshed over here! On PT no less!!!:eek: :eek: .......:cool:..... :D

BTW Richard, the grasshopper sounds yummy, but a bit sweet for me, make mine a strawberry margarita with Cuervo and salt on the glass. :D

How could I have missed this!?!?!?

Mexican hat dance? Why sure! :D

RICHARD
09-26-2003, 02:09 AM
So close! I had a regular dinner salad on the side, but otherwise you got it right!

wait until i start pulling lotto numbers out of my skull!!
Slick,

one for you!

DONE!

Zip..

One good luck and a grasshopper!

Story.

When they hired a new supervisor. He walked in and within 5 minutes knew my name, "You must be....."

I hated him...

He was the best supervisot I ever had.

Done!

T&P,

Straw Margi for you!

One of the nice things about Cyber Alcoholism is you NEVER have to take time off of work to go see Betty Ford! :rolleyes:

The only thing you HAVE to do is tell us a joke once in a while..that's the price around here!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Ok, to gain admittance to this party, and in keeping with Zippy's job search, here's my joke.

Employer to applicant: "In this job we need someone who is responsible."

Applicant: "I'm the one you want. On my last job, every time anything went wrong, they said I was responsible."

I love this Cyber Alcoholism, you can drink at work this way. :D I'll have another one of those strawberry margaritas if you don't mind Richard, make it a good strong one since the day is not going a well as I had hoped - so far anyway. Give me a couple margaritas and things will start looking up I'm sure. :D

zippy-kat
09-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Hey Rich,
Can you make a cilantro margarita? Piper says he needs one (he has a trip to the white coats in just a bit).

:D Debbie!

babolaypo65
09-26-2003, 11:22 AM
How about a cilantro bloody mary?

good luck at the white coats!

RICHARD
09-26-2003, 11:45 AM
T&P

LOL,

I have been responsible like that!

Straw Margi!

Zip,

good luck, Piper!

Cilantro Margarita...

Babo,

I love my bloody marys!

One for you and one for me!

DONE!

slick
09-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Does this mean the bar is still open??? If so, a beer and pizza would go down great right now. Would love to have a hot dog, but don't want to get mustard on my clothes.:D :D

catland
09-26-2003, 12:05 PM
T&P - your first time to our little cyber-haven?

an old Dilbert cartoon that I once had posted in my office went something like this:

Dilbert: Yesterday I was invisible, today I am known to all!.
Dogbert: Screwed up, huh?

Dilbert: - Oh yea, big time.

Richard - how 'bout a Bloody Mary, hold the cilantro? Hey everyone, I finally got my new car - once you've all sobered up, I'll give you a ride. Its a Subaru Forester TURBO

:D :D

RICHARD
09-26-2003, 01:30 PM
Does this mean the bar is still open??? If so, a beer and pizza would go down great right now. Would love to have a hot dog, but don't want to get mustard on my clothes.:D :D

keep it up, smart ass!;)

Beer and Pizza for you!

Done!

Notice that Catland gets a Mary and WE have to be sober to go for a ride....:confused:

:p

DONE!

Congrats and what color?

lbaker
09-26-2003, 01:35 PM
Maybe after those little burros with extra hot salsa Catland doesn't want us to ruin the new car smell :rolleyes: :o

slick
09-26-2003, 01:37 PM
A blonde had just totaled her car in a horrific accident.
Miraculously, she managed to pry herself from the wreckage without a scratch and was applying fresh lipstick when the state trooper arrived. "My God!" the trooper gasped. "Your car looks like an accordion that was stomped on by an elephant. Are you OK ma'am?". "Why, yes, officer, I'm just fine" the blonde chirped. "Well, how in the world did this happen?" the officer asked as he surveyed the wrecked car. "Officer, it was the strangest thing!" the blonde began. "I was driving along this road when from out of nowhere this TREE pops up in front of me. So I swerved to the right, and there was another tree! I swerved to the left and there was ANOTHER tree! I swerved to the right and there was another tree! I swerved to the left and there was...." "Uh, ma'am, 'the officer said, cutting her off, "There isn't a tree on this road for 30 miles. That was your air freshener swinging back and forth."

Bada bing, bada boom!! And Yes, I'm blonde.

catland
09-26-2003, 01:39 PM
That's the great thing about cyber-drinking - no BAC:D

I call the color "silver" but the brochure calls it "platinum":cool:

slick - I'm not a blonde but thanks for the joke:D :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-26-2003, 01:40 PM
Catland - yes, my first time. I thought this was a family site and had no idea there's was all this drinking and partying going on. See what you did, was you hid it in the Doghouse section. I don't go to the doghouse that often 'cause I'm not up for arguments and defending my point of view these days - just brings me down and I've got too much other stuff to worry about, so I had no idea! I thought all the references to Richard being the bartender were just because of the CA gathering. Now I know better. :D And #21, does this mean this has been going on for 21 weeks now! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Subaru Forester - cool - I almost got one of those before I got my Tracker but it couldn't be towed behind the motorhome.

Bloody Mary sounds really good! Haven't had one of those in years! My old boss used to make really really good ones.....but....beer and pizza sounds yummy too. Slick, got a slice left over for me?

catland
09-26-2003, 01:42 PM
T&P - the good news is, it is a family site. We card the minors and they don't get alcohol, not even the cyber kind ;)

slick
09-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Debbie: Yup, 21 weeks worth of partying and goings-on. Now that you know, you can join us every week. Each week has a different theme and Richard is the bartender extrordinair. We occasionally like to throw things up in the rafters but that's only the rowdy ones.

I affectionately call this Dick's Place.:) :) Where everybody knows your name.....

Lots of pizza left over. Come on down....

BTW Richard here's a story you can rib me about:
Was getting dressed this morning (Casual day) put on my shorts and T-shirt then both socks. Put on right running shoe then looked all over for my other sock, until I discovered I'd already put it on. As soon as I discovered it, I laughed so hard and thought of you laughing too :D :D :D

lbaker
09-26-2003, 01:54 PM
another good thing is that with people dropping in from all different time zones the party can start early and last alllll night (as long as we don't slip under the pool table or fall asleep on the juke-box) :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-26-2003, 05:15 PM
(as long as we don't slip under the pool table or fall asleep on the juke-box) :rolleyes:

Oops, been there, done that. :o But I was a lot younger then. :D

And Slick, too funny! I've done that before too, but can't think of any specific examples right now. Been working on my programming class all afternoon. Got a logic error that I can't for the life of me figure out, and my brain is fried.

Which seems like the perfect excuse to say "I'll have another margarita there please, Richard." Thank you very much!

Oh, all these margaritas reminds me of a story....
I had a single girlfriend a few years back who owned her own home. We were out for the evening had just under one too many margaritas - with Cuervo no less. When we got back to her place we discovered the furnace was out. So here we are, the two of us with no idea how to light the pilot light on a furnace (and yes, it was an older one that still had a pilot light), and no one to call since it's was rather late in the evening.

So she leans into the furnace with her long hair hanging down, trying to figure it out how to light the thing! I had enough presence of mind to at least grab her hair and hold it back so if she did figure it out her hair wouldn't go up in flames as she got the furnace lit. :rolleyes: It was a lot of stumbling and bumbling, but at least we got it lit without her hair or the house going up in flames. Aaaa....the gold old days. :D

We don't see each other too often anymore because she moved to AZ, but we still talk about and laugh about that night, and say we should do it again sometime. Oh, do the margaritas again, not the lighting the furnace. :D

Oh, and now that I've discovered this weekly party, you won't be able to get rid of me. :D

RICHARD
09-26-2003, 05:21 PM
:eek:

margaritas and natual gas water heaters!!!

A margi for you!!!

lololol

Our theme for next week is Oktoberfest!!

get out your lederhosen and the fraulein dresses with that bustier feature;)

see ya all then!

slick
09-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oh, and now that I've discovered this weekly party, you won't be able to get rid of me. :D
We don't want to get rid of you. As far as we are concerned you are here to stay. Make sure you invite lots of friends. The more the merrier and start thinking about some themes for next week. Usually someone starts a Thursday thread on Wednesday's and gets everyone pumped up. Party on Deb!!

gini
09-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Was getting dressed this morning (Casual day) put on my shorts and T-shirt then both socks. Put on right running shoe then looked all over for my other sock, until I discovered I'd already put it on. As soon as I discovered it, I laughed so hard and thought of you laughing too :D :D :D

Couldn't find your socks on Friday morning huh?

Boy, it must have been a R E A L L Y good Thursday party:D :D

I am sorry I missed it.

lbaker
09-27-2003, 10:08 AM
hey Slick, did you check the rafters before looking at your foot ;) :p

slick
09-27-2003, 11:15 AM
hey Slick, did you check the rafters before looking at your foot ;) :p
Good idea. I'll remember that next time.

RICHARD
09-27-2003, 01:00 PM

ah, I don't think so....

I picked up my pen to write a check....

but before that I went to the BR.....when i finished i couldn't find my pen- I know i picked it up....after five minutes i ran my hand thru my hair and guess what????

Yep, behind the ear.....

nope, I ain't gonna laugh!

gini
09-27-2003, 03:39 PM
BUT! We can laugh.

One forgets the sock.......

The other forgets the pen.............

Ah, Thursdays....they make a week worthwhile!

LoudLou
09-27-2003, 04:21 PM
Boy! This place called Thursdays sure is a rowdy bunch!!! :D ;)

Jose Cuervo, you are a friend of mine
I like to drink you with a little salt and lime
Did I kiss all the cowboys? Did I shoot out the lights?
Did I dance on the bar? Did I start any fights?

momoffuzzyfaces
09-27-2003, 04:37 PM
OK! I'll fess up and tell one on myself:
the other day I was unloading groceries from the trunk of the car. I knew I had the keys to open the trunk but couldn't find them by the time I got to the door of the kitchen... a grand total of about 10 feet. I checked my pocket where I usually keep them. No keys. Checked my purse... no keys. Finally I felt them ... hooked over my little finger by the key ring. AAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!! and I didn't even have any liquor at the Thursdays party this week.:o :D

RICHARD
09-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Boy! This place called Thursdays sure is a rowdy bunch!!! :D ;)

Jose Cuervo, you are a friend of mine
I like to drink you with a little salt and lime
Did I kiss all the cowboys? Did I shoot out the lights?
Did I dance on the bar? Did I start any fights?

We are rowdy???

You little friend there has to go thru a security check should he want to come in....:eek:

dancing on the bar......YES!
shooting out the lights...........LET ME THINK ABOUT THAT ONE!!:eek:

MOFF,

Worse when you have your keys IN YOUR HAND and move them
left to right, right to left.....While you look for them...not that I know about that:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-28-2003, 03:24 PM
We are rowdy???

MOFF,

Worse when you have your keys IN YOUR HAND and move them
left to right, right to left.....While you look for them...not that I know about that:rolleyes: Um.... I MAY have done that. I don't remember!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

mugsy
09-28-2003, 03:32 PM
How DID we get such a reputation??? lol ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
How DID we get such a reputation??? lol ;) Throw a few undies into a few rafters and look what happens!!! We get a rep!:rolleyes: :D

slick
09-29-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
How DID we get such a reputation??? lol ;)
I didn't do it.

Would I want it any other way??? NOT.

catland
09-29-2003, 12:25 PM
as we learned from T&P, we're the best kept secret on PT. Here it is Monday, and we're still talking about last Thursday.

I think my husband is beginning to wonder why I always come home with a smile on my face every Thursday night. I've tried to describe Thursdays to him, but its definately something that has to be experienced first hand.

gini
09-29-2003, 12:32 PM
Catland, you made me laugh out loud. I tried to explain the cones to my friends and they just looked at me. I don't think I could begin to explain Thursdays to them.

However, I do have a friend who always points out cones to me now. The other day he pointed out a dead cone.......it made me so sad:D :D

lbaker
09-29-2003, 12:39 PM
sooooo true. During the hurricane my cone-boys Klark & Kent actually went to work when my huge tree fell, blocking the entire street. I tried to tell the two-leggers in my house how happy it made the cones because they were from working breeds after all, like border collies - they love having a job. My son looked at me like the tree had hit me instead :D Jenny (sons wife) tries to understand Thursdays but I think is just being nice to her senile old mother-in-law. Son just likes the jokes I come home with. I don't care... home is where the heart is and my hearrrrt belongs to Thursday's.... da da da

catland
09-29-2003, 01:19 PM
I don't even bother to describe cones - but I do grin when we pass them by.:D I'm thinking "oh, look at the hard-working cones" or "such good cones" or "I hope they have a safe and dry place to stay at night"

:D :D :D

slick
09-29-2003, 01:23 PM
You know, I had a hard time explaining Pet Talk to a friend. She just couldn't grasp the concept so I'm surely not going to try to explain Thursday's or conies. And don't call me Shirley....:D

gini
09-29-2003, 01:57 PM
When I had the first So. Ca. Barbecue at my home and my neighbors walked by, looked at my sign that said Welcome Pet Talkers........and they asked "what are pet talkers?". I tried to explain......but I think they could hardly wait to get away from us.

Thursdays and cones........ha....ya just have to be here!

Hmm, reminds me that I really need to adopt some cones now, so they can be well trained for next year's barbecue! There is just nothing worse than cones misbehaving at a barbecue:D :D

slick
09-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Gini that would be so cool! Everyone can bring their cones for a Coney Fun Day!!:D :D After all socializing cones is very important and mine is extremely shy from being in my Mom's basement for 25 yrs. He's slowly coming out of his shell but it will take time.

lbaker
09-29-2003, 02:07 PM
Klark & Kent are quite socialized, their day job is to protect the horseshoe spikes in the back side yard so dogs won't run into them while racing around the yard chasing leaves & squirrels & such. They would be champs if anyone's cones want to challenge them at horseshoes :D They can't hold their liquor though so I wouldn't want them hanging out at Thursdays :o

gini
09-29-2003, 02:12 PM
I can just visualize next year.........the second Annual Pet Talk Barbecue in So. Ca. People all round the country are boarding planes, trains, getting into cars....all with their beloved cones in hand - traveling to the barbecue.

I probably already have a reputation in my neighborhood, so we may as well go ahead and let them all run around in the front yard while they get to know each other.

Hmm, why is the police helicopter hovering overhead?:)

lbaker
09-29-2003, 02:19 PM
OK, just had to close the office door again... tears running down my face and a bad case of the giggeling fits :D :D :D

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by gini

I probably already have a reputation in my neighborhood, so we may as well go ahead and let them all run around in the front yard while they get to know each other.

Ahem.....

Not trying to start anything but........
it would help to get your cones a DNA screening BEFORE next summer....paternity, ya know!

Cones tend to multiply rather quickly, drive thru a construction site and you'll see what I mean.:eek:

catland
09-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Ahem.....

Not trying to start anything but........
it would help to get your cones a DNA screening BEFORE next summer....paternity, ya know!

Cones tend to multiply rather quickly, drive thru a construction site and you'll see what I mean.:eek:

are you implying that lbaker's cones are <ahem> easy?:eek:

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 05:21 PM
are you implying that lbaker's cones are <ahem> easy?:eek:

Read into that statement what you will....

I just think that leaving cones to play in the front yard of any home unsupervised is asking for trouble.......

No offense Gini.......

gini
09-29-2003, 05:29 PM
But, but......this is California!

However, another image comes to mind. Me, taking my cones into my Dr. asking for a DNA test. Especially imagine, a large cone and a half dozen baby cones.

Hmm, wonder if Blue Cross covers this. Probably no where in my policy does it specifically say they do not!:D :D

zippy-kat
09-29-2003, 05:35 PM
EPcpT, anyone?

(error proof cone pregnancy test)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Alas, I have not a cone to my name. Does this make me, um odd? (ok odder, then). No cones, no kids only cats. Strange I've never felt unfulfilled.:eek: :D

slick
09-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Read into that statement what you will....
I just think that leaving cones to play in the front yard of any home unsupervised is asking for trouble.......No offense Gini.......
If I attend, I'll be bringing my 25 yr old. Can't he chaperone? I know what you are going to say. "When I was 25 yrs old, ........" but my cone is not like that. He's much more responsible.

catland
09-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Alas, I have not a cone to my name. Does this make me, um odd? (ok odder, then). No cones, no kids only cats. Strange I've never felt unfulfilled.:eek: :D

I don't have a cone either. But if I did, and it were a boy, I would call it Al. (for some reason I want to sing that Paul Simon song)

and I DON'T want a discussion on how you can tell the gender of a cone - remember, this is a family site.:eek:

RICHARD
09-29-2003, 06:18 PM
I don't have a cone either. But if I did, and it were a boy, I would call it Al. (for some reason I want to sing that Paul Simon song)

and I DON'T want a discussion on how you can tell the gender of a cone - remember, this is a family site.:eek:

if your cone was old you could call him....

'al pa cone'

time for me to stop...

wolflady
09-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by gini
When I had the first So. Ca. Barbecue at my home and my neighbors walked by, looked at my sign that said Welcome Pet Talkers........and they asked "what are pet talkers?". I tried to explain......but I think they could hardly wait to get away from us.

LOL LOL ROTFL That was a funny sight! You are right about them wanting to get away from us. Did you notice that they stayed on the other side of the street on their way back? I still think it would have been funny to say, "Pet Talkers are people who talk to their pets, you know...like Sonia Fitpatrick on Animal Planet? We communicate with animals..." ;) LOL LOL :p

Can't wait till the next So. Cal BBQ! It was a blast! Which reminds me, I finally got my pictures (equivalent to 5 rolls of film! :eek: LOL) developed, so I will be posting some soon. I will also burn you a CD Gini and Richard! :D

**hugs**

gini
09-29-2003, 09:32 PM

'al pa cone'

time for me to stop...

Richard, however, if he was a dominate male.........you could call him

AL PHA CONE

yup, time for me to stop too.

gini
09-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Karen, now ALL of my neighbors walk on the other side of the street:D :D .

More pictures.........terrific! I bet you have some of Kelly's cats too.

Thanks for burning a CD for us........that is so nice.

Could you start another thread and tell us about your pup?

It will be another Thursday soon, and we are still working last Thursday to death:D :D - but good memories have a way of doing that.

lbaker
09-30-2003, 07:23 AM
EASY? EASY YOU SAY??? :eek: I'll have you know my boys Klark & Kent ALWAYS have practiced safe sax (they are very musical as well). Although, hmmm I have been hearing them sing I wish they all could be california girl - cones Do you suppose that means anything :confused: Only the shadow of a cone knows I guess :rolleyes: HAH, cone nose...... maybe they really are rocket men! BLAST OFF
p.s. I should stop too but it's only 8:30 on a Tuesday morning and I'm just getting started :D yikes! maybe I should switch to decaf

zippy-kat
09-30-2003, 10:05 AM
pssst, everbunny go check out this thread:
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=35060

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2003, 12:47 PM

'al pa cone'

time for me to stop...
Or if he wore a hat you could call him....
'al cap cone'.
:D

slick
09-30-2003, 12:50 PM
Or if he wore a hat you could call him....
'al cap cone'.
:D
:D :D :D :D :D Here we go again. I forgot to swallow.......

lbaker
09-30-2003, 12:57 PM
So THAT'S why this place is such a mess, just when I'm trying to get it cleaned up for Thursday's XXII, we keep getting those messy old grasshoppers all over the place. Get some rest folks, Thursdays XXII is just around the corner. What a cone-dition to try to deal with [shakes finger at the guilty].

slick
09-30-2003, 05:29 PM
She started it!

No I didn't!

Yes you did and I'm telling!!

No you won't cause I'll tell on you!!

Oh Mom, do we have to clean uuuuup???????? (whining....)

Miss Meow
09-30-2003, 05:44 PM
You know it's a good Thursday at Dick's when the thread is still alive the following Wednesday!!! ;)

RICHARD
09-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
You know it's a good Thursday at Dick's when the thread is still alive the following Wednesday!!! ;)

THE THURSDAY THAT WOULD NOT DIE!!;)

lbaker
10-01-2003, 06:58 AM
Slick, "10 times more than you always" nahny nahny boo boo ;) :p

gini
10-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Now look you two - behave. Tomorrow is another Thursday.

Now go over there to that thread and no nonsense.

Who made me Mom?:D