PDA

View Full Version : Please keep Minnow in your thoughts

nsweezie
09-24-2003, 11:28 AM
Hello all,

I'd like to ask everyone to keep my sister's cat Minnow in their thoughts.
Minnow has been rather unwell lately, she has lost weight and has been off her food. We took her to the vet yesterday, and the vet has found a large lump in her intestines. Minnow is having surgery tomorrow to find out what the problem is, it could be anything.
Minnow is around 12 or so, we don't really know how old she is exactly because she was a rescue. She is the loudest purrer I've ever come across, and she loves being brushed more than anything else.
I'll post tomorrow, hopefully with good news.

slick
09-24-2003, 11:30 AM
So sorry to hear this and of course I'll say a little prayer for Minnow. PT prayers do help and positive thoughts are on the way.

K & L
09-24-2003, 11:56 AM
Oh no...good luck!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-24-2003, 12:10 PM
Prayers on the way for Minnow and all who love her.

catlover4ever
09-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Prayers and postive thoughts are being sent Minnow's way. Our "Senior Citizens" our so very special.

RedHedd
09-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Prayers going out to little Minnow. What a sweet name! I used to call my RB Goldie "Minnow" as a term of endearment as she would squiggle just like a sleek little fishie.

ramanth
09-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Minnow is in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

Cataholic
09-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Add my prayers to the group! Good luck tomorrow, and please update us.

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for Minnow and her family.

HayleyRosie
09-25-2003, 05:57 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way.

catmandu
09-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Prayers and Happy Thoughts For MINNOW , from all of us at The Lost Cats Hotel! May your little Minnow come home safe , sound and well!

nsweezie
09-25-2003, 01:16 PM
:( :(
Terrible news. Minnow had surgery today, and the vet found cancer. The really bad part is that the cancer has spread throughout her intestines, and into her liver. The vet removed part of her intestine, but at this point there is little that can be done.
I'm so sad right now, Minnow had a rough start in life, and I've always wanted to make things better for her. We haven't made any decisions yet about her, I want to see how she does, but I don't want her to suffer.
This is the second cat we've had that got cancer. My cat Chelsea died from cancer as well, and he was only 6. I don't really know what to do now besides just waiting, and trying to make Minnie feel a bit better.
The really amazing thing is that Minnow keeps right on going. She is like an old soldier, never complaining, never wondering why we keep taking her to the vet. :(

Cataholic
09-25-2003, 01:20 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I will continue to pray that Minnow is pain free, and comfortable for the rest of her life. Hugs to you and your sister.:(

ramanth
09-25-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh Minnow. Even with a rough start to life, you did find love and a family to call your own.

I hope she is not in pain and that the surgery helped to allow her to stay with you for awhile longer.

krazyaboutkatz
09-25-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that she has cancer. :( Hopefully the surgery will help her live a little longer and I hope she's able to stay as pain free as possible. Prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way.

Killearn Kitties
09-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Poor Minnow, this is very sad news. Prayers and positive thought to all of you. I hope Minnow is comfortable.

RedHedd
09-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Oh I'm SO sorry about the news that Minnow has cancer. I know the feeling, having gone through almost the exact same diagnosis with my Goldie earlier this year. All you can do right now is make sure she's comfortable and lives as pain-free as possible for as long as possible. You will know what to do when it's time. Just enjoy her for now -- it's SO hard and I really do feel for you and little Minnow. Gentle pets and snuggles for Minnow and hugs for you.

nsweezie
10-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Bad news today.
Minnow died this afternoon, she had been unable to eat or drink for several days, and was in pain, so we made the decision to let her go. :(
I know she is over the rainbow bridge now with all her cat friends. She was such a sweetie, and it was awful to see her suffer. I feel very empty right now, and I swear that our other cats know that something is wrong, I can't sit down without one of them trying to sit on me.

Logan
10-13-2003, 02:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Minnow has lost her battle with cancer. :(

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

slick
10-13-2003, 02:02 PM
RIP sweet Minnow. I know you are no longer in pain and romping happy and healthy at the RB. Make sure you look out for OJ and Casper. They'd love to be your friends.

RedHedd
10-13-2003, 02:05 PM
RIP little Minnow and say Hi to my Goldie over at the Rainbow Bridge. I know that empty feeling. You are lucky that you have other kitties to put their paws on you and help you grieve and heal. Minnow is now out of her pain and suffering and frolicking pain-free and healthy over the bridge.

Killearn Kitties
10-13-2003, 03:48 PM
I'm so so sorry to hear about little Minnow, but she is free from her pain and suffering now and you did the right thing to let her go. Lots of love to you and your sister in this sad time.

And cats DO know when somethig is wrong and you are upset. Let your cats comfort you as best they can.

catcrazylady
10-13-2003, 04:34 PM
How very, very sad. Me and my furball crew are so very sorry. Tears for you and your sister but happiness for Minnow. She has no more pain and unfortunately for those of us left behind we know she has lots of beautiful kitty cat souls to play with. May God give you peace.

Felicia's Mom
10-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Rest in Peace Sweet Minnow.

Lorraine
10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
I ws very sad to read of Minnow. She is happy and pain free now at RB.

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2003, 10:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Minnow's passing. :( At least now she's free from pain and now she can play happily up at Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure my RB Pepper was part of the greeting committee. Please let your other cats comfort you. It will help a lot because I know from experience having gone through this back in February. Please take care.