PDA

View Full Version : At school...

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 11:05 AM
It's lunch time, and I'm in the library, BORED.One more period left, then i'll be home! Sorry, Like I said, i'm bored.:p

slick
09-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Well, it's only 9:30am here on the West Coast. What time do you get out of school? I had to go until 3pm. You must have 1pm there??

mugsy
09-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Dang girl! You get out early!!!

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 01:22 PM
We get out at like 1:45 (something like that) and the busses leave around 2:05! I just got home :p

The tardy bell for first period rings at 7:05 am though. :(

Logan
09-24-2003, 02:12 PM
You get an early start, KayAnn!!! :) We usually leave here around 7:25 to get Helen to school (about a 20 minute drive), and she doesn't start until 8:10, but likes to get there to talk with her friends before school. She finishes at 3:10 in the afternoon, then it's volleyball practice, so I don't pick her up until around 5 each day. I think in high school, they don't start until 8:30 in our county and get out at 3:30. I think I like your schedule better because I'm a morning person. :)

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 02:16 PM
I like Helen's better, because i'm NOT a morning person.:p

primabella
09-24-2003, 02:30 PM
We start at 8:05 and finish at 2:45...it still seems like forever! :p

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 03:15 PM
First period goes by FAST.
Second period, slow.
Third, Rather slow or fast, depending what job I have in the Preschool.
*Lunch - FAST. I enjoy sitting and talking with Nicole, Sharell, and Owen WAY too much.
Fourth, Slow when I'm confused on the work, Fast when I actually understand it!

wolfsoul
09-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Hehe, it's lunch time here too! :D 1:23 pm....I'm also in the library. PT is the first place I go. :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
09-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by primabella
We start at 8:05 and finish at 2:45...it still seems like forever! :p
Really? Wow, you start early! :eek: We start at 9:05 and end at 3:15 lol.

primabella
09-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Our periods are 75 minutes long! :eek: It's actually not bad because we only have 4 periods a day and we don't have subjects like english, french and math everyday.

wolfsoul
09-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Our periods are that long too lol. We also have four subjects a day. :)

GSDgurl
09-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Our school starts at 7:50 n' we get out at 2:20. Yall are soo luck to just have 4 periods~!! We have 7 periods here....sux

bluekat
09-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Wow, you start so early!!! I start at 9:00 and end at 3:30. I wish it ended sooner and started later. LOL, yes, I wish.:p

puppygrrl4eva7
09-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Wow you don't have English, Math, History, and Science everyday? when do you have those subjects? Our school day is 8:45 - 3:30

My schedule
1st Period~ English
2nd Period~ Related arts (right now Tech ed. :p)
3rd Period~ French yay!
4th Period~ Science :p
5th Period~ Lunch (finally!)
6th Period~ Algebra 1 (ugg I'm in honors, soo hard :p)
7th Period~ Study Hall or Orchestra
8th period~ History, I have the coolest bunch of people in my History class.

At my school this year, this kid is in My french and My History class, he's from Etihiopia(sp?), He's soo neat and nice, he's lived in America for 4 years now. Also this new girl is in all my classes we're really good friends already :D

enough of my chitchat I'll shut up now:)

tikeyas_mom
09-24-2003, 08:14 PM
you are lucky you con come on pt at school. my computers at school dont let me go on pet talk :(:(:(. they say it is ellegal.. :rolleyes:.... dam them..

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Nope. You're in middle school, right? I'm sure it will be the same (just maybe more classes a day) when you reach highschool.

In highschool you have different subjects each quarter.

1st period - Ceramics
2nd period- English 2
3rd period - ECE
4th period - Algebra 1a

puppygrrl4eva7
09-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Yea, my last year of middle school thank God! High School will be soo much better!

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by puppygrrl4eva7
Yea, my last year of middle school thank God! High School will be soo much better!

Or so you THINK!!

I liked 8th grade MUCH better than I did my freshman year of highschool!
Just don't take 8th grade for granted, have fun while you can.

popcornbird
09-24-2003, 09:17 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not true! At least not for me! :p

High school sucks

Kfamr
09-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

High school sucks

Exactly!:p

binka_nugget
09-24-2003, 09:26 PM
Wow..alot of you guys start earlier than I do. Here's our schedule:

8:45 - first class
10:05-break
10:20-second class
11:45-lunch
12:30-third class
1:55-fourth class

We have two rotating days so...day ones I have: choir, spanish, tourism/capp, piano. Then day twos I have: english, socials, math, biology. I HATE day twos. I get so much homework because I have all my acedemic classes that day..grrr:mad:

PJ's Mom
09-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Really? Wow, you start early! :eek: We start at 9:05 and end at 3:15 lol.

Rottie goes from 9:05 till 4:05. :)

bluekat
09-25-2003, 08:01 PM
I'm still in gr.8 (elementary school still):p
I'm always thinking I want to get out of here and move on to high school now, but I don't know if I'll like it. I know it'll be hard, but....some people seem to love it

Kfamr
09-25-2003, 08:04 PM
Some parts are very enjoying, But, Back in middle school.. you knew EVERYONE. Highschool is just too crowded.

Everyone talks about drugs, sex, alcohal in High School , back in Middle School, you heard nothing like that.

It may be different for you, but it certainly was horrible for me.

All I know, is I regret celebrating that last day of 8th grade, rather than crying like most of the girls.

Foam
09-25-2003, 08:09 PM
COUGH! I think I must have the looongest school day in the history of the world then!!
We start at 8:15 and go through 8 (9 including lunch) boring classes, until 3:15. That's about 7 hours of my day wasted.
1st Period- Language
2nd Period- Reading
3rd Period- Art (Exploritory)
Lunch (ONLY 30 minutes long! :eek: )
4th Period- Math 2
5th Period- Science
6th Period- Social Studies
7th Period- Spanish (:o)
8th Period- Gym
And then I have Volleyball games, or practice after school until 5:30...
:D

Amber
09-25-2003, 08:12 PM
my school starts at 7:55 to 3:00

Kfamr
09-25-2003, 08:28 PM
5:30!?!? I wouldn't be able to stand being there that late!

I wish school was at night, As i'm much more active then. :p

bluekat
09-25-2003, 08:38 PM
I heard that in some other places, they don't have school 5 days a week like I do.....I wish I were in those places:p :( ;)
I hate school

wolfsoul
09-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Wow you don't have English, Math, History, and Science everyday? when do you have those subjects? Our school day is 8:45 - 3:30

My schedule
1st Period~ English
2nd Period~ Related arts (right now Tech ed. :p)
3rd Period~ French yay!
4th Period~ Science :p
5th Period~ Lunch (finally!)
6th Period~ Algebra 1 (ugg I'm in honors, soo hard :p)
7th Period~ Study Hall or Orchestra
8th period~ History, I have the coolest bunch of people in my History class.

WOW you have alot of classes! :eek: We don't even take history here. Is that the same as socials studies?
Here's my schedule:
1ST DAY:
Block A - Carpentry and Joinery
Block B - Psychology (It's also my block F class. It's semestered which means I take it every day).
Block C - Biology
Block D - Entrepreneurship

2ND DAY
Block E - English
Block F - psychology
Block G - Applications of Math
Block H - Socials Studies

And it changes every day. Today it was FGHE, on Monday it will be EFGH, and on Wednesday it will ne HEFG and so on.

Your guys' school are so long. :eek: Mine is only about 6 hours long. 9:05-3:15

wolfsoul
09-25-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Some parts are very enjoying, But, Back in middle school.. you knew EVERYONE. Highschool is just too crowded.

Everyone talks about drugs, sex, alcohal in High School , back in Middle School, you heard nothing like that.

It may be different for you, but it certainly was horrible for me.

All I know, is I regret celebrating that last day of 8th grade, rather than crying like most of the girls.
Really? That's the total oppisite for me. :) Everyone at my high school is so mature. Of course there are still drugs andalcohol and stuff, but I found that there is much less than in middle school.

Is it just in the US where people start high school in grade 9? Here where I live, you end elementary school in grade 6, end middle school in grade 9, and high school is 10-12. Maybe that's why I'm a year ahead of some of you that are my age? I'm in grade 11 and I'll be 16 in October.

wolf_Q
09-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul

Is it just in the US where people start high school in grade 9? Here where I live, you end elementary school in grade 6, end middle school in grade 9, and high school is 10-12. Maybe that's why I'm a year ahead of some of you that are my age? I'm in grade 11 and I'll be 16 in October.

That's how mine works.....I started high school in grade 10. It varies, there's not like a set way it's done in the U.S.

Stop complaining about high school....you'll miss it when it's over.......college sucks!! :(

tikeyas_mom
09-26-2003, 01:23 AM
I start school at 9 am, then

9am: first class
second class
break
class
lunch
last class

my school ends at 3:30...

meh ...

my bloacks...

AE: Psycology
BF: entrepenuership
CG: ART
DH: american sign language.

I have thoughs blocks everyday day one I will have ABCD. then the next day I will have EFGH... ectectect..

Kfamr
09-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Elm. School: k-5
Middle School: 6-8
High School: 9-12

Originally posted by wolf_Q
Stop complaining about high school....you'll miss it when it's over.......college sucks!! :(

As far as missing school itself, maybe.
Missing the morons, teachers, and so on -- NEVER.

Logan
09-26-2003, 01:57 PM
I have a difference of opinon (different from Amy, at least). I enjoyed college MUCH more than I did high school. I couldn't wait to get there, and it was much more enjoyable for me. :)

puppygrrl4eva7
09-26-2003, 09:37 PM
WOW you have alot of classes! We don't even take history here. Is that the same as socials studies?

Yea It's called Social Studies until 8th grade, then It's American History. Same with English, it's called Language arts until 8th grade, then it's English:rolleyes:

My Middle School like eases you into changing classes:

6th grade
(My schedule yes I still remember it)

1st per. Math~Mrs. Groves
2nd Per. Science~ Mrs. Groves
3rd per. Lunch
4th per. Orchestra or study Hall
5th Per. Language arts~Mr. Mishler
6th per. Language arts~ Mr. Mishler
7th Per. Social Studies~ Mr. Mishler
8th Per. Related Arts

So we basically had two main teachers( we had two periods of Language arts a day in 6th and 7th grade, in 8th grade 1 period is replaced with a foriegn language)

7th Grade
My Schedule

1st per. Science~ Scott
2nd per. Math~ Mc Gregor
3rd Per. Social studies~ Frissora
4th per. Lunch
5th Per. Study Hall Or orchestra
6th Per. Related arts
7th Per. Language arts~ Frissora
8th per. Language arts~ Frissora

So my Social studies teacher was also my Language arts teacher, but I had those classes at different times.

This year I have a different teacher for every subject. And there are so many 8th graders that my locker is upstairs in the 6th grade hallway! :p It's litteraly 3 lockers away from my 6th grade locker! Almost all my classes are downstairs so I'm usually late, since I have to run upstairs every time class ends.

Amber
09-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Homeroom-M.T.W.R.F 1st period
Health-T & F 2nd period
General Music-M & W
Study Hall-R 2nd period
Reading-M.T.W.R.F 3rd period
Math-M.T.W.R.F 4th period
Science 7-M.T.W.R.F 5th period
Language Arts-M.T.W.R.F 6th period
Art-M & R 7th period
Gym-W & F 7th period
study Hall-T 7th period
Soc. Studies-M.T.W.R.F 8th periods

My schedule For the day!! :p

GoldenRetrLuver
09-26-2003, 11:36 PM
Since eveyone's sharing their schedule, I might as well share mine. :p

I start school at 7:50 AM and end at 2:59 PM.

1st Period- P.E.
Homeroom
2nd Period- Algebra
Brunch (Nutrition)
3rd Period- Intro to Agriculture (you raise animals, plants, learn about the FFA...) THE BEST CLASS!! :D
4th Period- French
Lunch
5th Period- English
6th Period- Biology

Then the hour bus ride home...:p

isis
09-27-2003, 02:41 PM
I home school,but my brother goes to high school.His school starts at 8:30 a.m and gets over around like 3:00 p.m. The kids that ride the bus,that live near the Bus place,they ride the bus at like 6:30 A.M!:eek: :eek:

Some people think that just because you are home schooled,that you get over really early and start really late,and that it's so easy.It's just like going to public school though.Well almost,I mean you DO get to do school in your Pj's!:p (My sister hates doing it in hers though:eek: )