PDA

View Full Version : Weird Cat Food Flavours

Miss Meow
09-24-2003, 03:14 AM
I bought some Dine cat food sachets the other day without really looking at the flavours. All I saw was send some Dine coupons and I could win a case of Champagne - yeah!!!

Anyway, two of the flavours are:

- Select Chicken with Apricot and Garden Spinach

- Beef Slices tossed with Bok Choy and Capsicum

I dunno, but if I took my cats to the supermarket I think they'd go straight to the meat section and bypass the fruit and vege aisle. I don't know if this apricot and spinach thing is going to be popular in our household!

RICHARD
09-24-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

Anyway, two of the flavours are:

- Select Chicken with Apricot and Garden Spinach

- Beef Slices tossed with Bok Choy and Capsicum

LOLOL!

It's nice to see that the world is falling in line
with the standards set by California!!;)

slick
09-24-2003, 11:32 AM
MMMMMMM - sounds too good for a cat.

RedHedd
09-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
LOLOL!

It's nice to see that the world is falling in line
with the standards set by California!!;)

Next we'll see Raddichio, Arrugula (sp?) and Avocado cat food served with a smidgen of feta cheese! :rolleyes:

Ah our dear California, land of the fruits and nuts :D

slick
09-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Ah our dear California, land of the fruits and nuts :D
I'm not touching this one with a 10 ft pole. I could, but I won't. :D :D :D We certainly don't have the variety up here that you do. One day I brought home a tin of Chicken Chunks with Poultry gravy thinking that Max and Speckles would like it. They both tried to bury it. Next day it was Beef Stew and I got the same result.

So ended my attempt to broaden their horizons.

catmandu
09-25-2003, 09:53 AM
you never know what a Cat will eat! Michael loves corn , margarine and Cheez Whiz. And some of the others will eat Potatoes! And Celery. And Corn Flakes! So Spinach mixed with Chicken may have some appeal! Go Figure Cats!

luckies4me
09-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
you never know what a Cat will eat! Michael loves corn , margarine and Cheez Whiz. And some of the others will eat Potatoes! And Celery. And Corn Flakes! So Spinach mixed with Chicken may have some appeal! Go Figure Cats!

When I was in the 6th grade we had a Holland Lop rabbit and one of my cats, Ickeris, used to stick her paws through his hutch and steal his carrots to eat for herself! I thought that was the silliest thing. Ickerbobs even enjoys blueberries! :confused: But her favorite dish will always be a big ol slab of butter. :p

Ewok will literally eat anything you give to him. Potatoes, SALAD (he loves salad), apples, ANYTHING! He's one weird kitty lol.

smokey the elder
09-27-2003, 07:58 AM
I think your naked rattie is cute!:D

NoahsMommy
09-27-2003, 07:28 PM
That sounds about right...when we had our bunnies, Noah would steal anything they got. :) Brocoli is still his favorite... :rolleyes:

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-28-2003, 04:27 AM
Strange flavours!!!

I have tried Ally with every food imaginable! She WILL NOT eat soft / tinned food! I've tried every can and brand on the shelf, as well as all the flavours of WHiskas singles and al the others which come in the little individual packets! She immediately tries to bury them! The only food she is guaranteed to eat is Purina KitnKaboodle, but will sulkily chew on some MeowMix if the KitnKaboodle is finished!

The strays outside have NEVER complained about these eating experiments - they will eat WHATEVER is put in front of them, and the soft food is such a treat!

IttyBittyKitty
09-28-2003, 05:06 PM
I don't know, I think they're getting the cat food and human food mixed up!

cloverfdx
09-29-2003, 10:19 AM
oh i must look out for those "weird" flavoured cat foods *ack*

the strangest cat food Yumi has had was a small tin of chicken, Cheese, and Veggies and consequently buried it *ack*

feeling frisky
09-29-2003, 04:39 PM
A while ago When I went shopping I thought that I would be a good mommy and buy some liver for my kitties.Got home, cut it up on seperate dishes and fed them.They looked at me like" what is this?" So we thought we needed to cook it. I lived in a apartment complex at the time. After we cooked this whatever the whole apartment reeked of Yuckness. Not to mention the hall to my place and down the stairs. i fed them and again "what is this" Not even a thank you butt... So it went in the garbage. My cats will not eat any fish,minched,chopped,grilled or pate. Only some fancy feast entre's.When we eat each cat has achair to sit in . If they do not tey to get on the table sometimes we give them few little scraps.

catland
09-29-2003, 05:30 PM
FF - we tried the same thing with the liver. My husband had fond memories of his dearly departed kitty going nuts over liver and wanted to recreate the experience.

Our gang did the same thing as yours - just looked at us with a "ok, this is amusing, now where is my food" look.

Moral of the story - never try to get a current cat to recreate a behavior found in a RB kitty - they'll kick you in the guts every time with their total indiference to your feelings.;)

feeling frisky
09-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Ain't that the truth cat land!!! My chloe likes popcorn, kool-aid,califlower, her favorite tho is apples.(wo the skin).Corbyn like rasins and Billy well he eats anything even if its tied down.Lettuce,corn, butter, ham, mustard, ketcup, bread, and the list goes on. Thank god we dont give him those things he steals them.