PDA

View Full Version : My Mom's Two Kitties

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-23-2003, 11:02 PM
Most of you are familiar with the story of my Mom's cats. The Cranker who is a pure bred Ragdoll who is also known as Morphie because he is a complete morhpidite (sp?) of a Ragdoll. The exact opposite of everything they are supposed to be. And Goofy, the "outside kitty" that showed up last year and hasn't left yet.

So I was home a few weekends ago and got some pics.

Here's the Cranker. My mom says when he's just having a day, he sleeps on top of the blanket, but when he's having a bad day, he crawls under the blanket. The only way I knew he was there was because the blanket moved - it was alive, and it meowed crankily when I poked it. :rolleyes: ;) :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pd2cd75d9715a73567198ba0811e76486/fb012090.jpg
His eyes are red in the pic for two reasons. First of all because I can't figure out how to get the red out. I can do it on people eyes, but it doesn't seem to work on kitty eyes. The second reason is because it reflects his true nature. ;) Actually he's a great cat to my mom and dad, just don't let anyone else near him.

And here's Goofy. He's just so Goofy that it's hard not to take pics of him. :D Normally he is an outside cat (I still don't understand why they won't let him in the house, but I've tried to get my mom to change her mind and she just won't for some reason), but since the tongue of the boat trailer is too long, they can't close the garage door all the way, so guess who comes sauntering in and wants to be captain of the ship. :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p35e857a2904071e926eaaa6116723409/fb01208b.jpg
Here he is stretching, or, as we say here on PT, doing the Elebator Butt.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p13bdf4ad5d15b4d3426525e2b0127df3/fb012086.jpg
And here's a closeup. He's just the prettiest kitty, and is such a nice kitty. Practically all you have to do is look at him and he purrs up a storm.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/pb28b7d70a962309a6fb0de1f6539e979/fb011b9b.jpg
He was still waking up here and that's why you see the third eyelid. Actually, if you really want to know, he just got done yawning and me with my wonderful camera skills missed a yawn again. :rolleyes:

So that's it for now. It's always nice going home not just to see my family, but to see the extended family - the kitties. And yes, even though the Cranker is a real crank, I do enjoy seeing him, and he actually let me pet him this time. Two quick strokes I got in before the ol' cranking machine got wound up. :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Great pics. I knew that Cranker was a handsome cat but I had no idea how gorgeous Goofy was. :) At least he's able to have some shelter in your parents garage.

Miss Meow
09-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Cranker and Goofy are great names, and gorgeous cats!

Cranker is around to remind us that cats choose their friends, thank you very much :)

ScantyNebula
09-24-2003, 08:31 AM
They are very precious :) Cute name too, Cranker! *snicker* :D

catlover4ever
09-24-2003, 08:37 AM
I love the name Cranker and I'll take Goofy asmy boat captain any day.

Killearn Kitties
09-24-2003, 08:39 AM
I love the pic of Goofy on his ship! :D Perhaps Miss Edwina could source a little Captain's hat for him!

ramanth
09-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Cranker sure does look... well... cranky! But he is handsome.

And Goofy is too! Thanks for sharing pics of these two cuties!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
I love the pic of Goofy on his ship! :D Perhaps Miss Edwina could source a little Captain's hat for him!

:D :D That would be so funny if we could find one....and get Goofy to wear it long enough to take a pic. :rolleyes: :D :D

Thanks everyone. :D It's funny, because they both "earned" their names and they are so appropriate. :D

slick
09-24-2003, 11:36 AM
AWWWWWW I'll bet if I whispered in Cranker's ear we'd be best friends. I know just how you feel. And Goofy looks like a real captain. Where was he Thursday when we needed him?? ARRRRRRR matie.

K & L
09-24-2003, 11:55 AM
They're both beautiful cats! I've always wanted a Ragdoll!