PDA

View Full Version : I just don't understand......

mugsy
09-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Guys, I had a most depressing day. One of my good kids, football player, "A" student, good home, good parents...yada yada was taken out in handcuffs for selling pot at school. The counselor said that both boys (one was a 7th grader that I don't have) are gone for the year. :mad: :( I don't understand why they do things like that.

Then, yesterday, I came to school to find out that a former student from our school (now a sophomore) was killed in a drive by shooting and the alleged shooter is a former student of mine. All over a stupid argument. One of my current students was standing across the street from the kid when he was shot. The same boy had his brother shot and killed 2 years ago in a drive by. :mad: :( My sister lives about 5 blocks from where the kid was shot and she never heard a thing...and she was outside working on her yard when it happened (it happened at 4:30 in the afternoon on Sunday).

Thanks for letting me vent....:mad:

anna_66
09-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Oh Molly, I'm so sorry to hear about this:(
Wish there was something I could do to make
you feel better.
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Your Friend
Anna

primabella
09-23-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm so sorry about this news. It's so upsetting. :(

I know a lot of kids in my class are really smart and they would have marks in the 90's if they weren't always high. It really is sad.

slick
09-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Sorry you've had such a rough day. A big hug to you from me. Hopefully tomorrow will be better....

For tomorrow is another day...
Scarlett.

CountryWolf07
09-23-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm with you, mugsy.. I'll NEVER understand what is going on in those kids' minds these days.. it's.. crazy and sad.. I am so sorry you had to go through this.. *big hug*

Logan
09-23-2003, 06:45 PM
I don't understand either, Molly. I know it hurts you even more because these are kids you know and have taught. :( :( I'm sorry it has been such a rough few days.

captain
09-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Molly,
How terrible for you ........ (((((((hugs))))))))) across the miles.
Hope the next few days are better for you ....:)

mugsy
09-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys. I'm sure quite a few kids will be gone for the funeral of the kid that was shot. I haven't heard when it is. I would assume that it would be tomorrow, but don't know. And we wonder why our kids are so nervous.

Foam
09-23-2003, 07:46 PM
**hugs for Mugsy**
I can relate..to the seventh grader selling pot thing. One of my friends last year, when I was in sixth grade, was caught selling meth behind the movie theater and was sent away to juvy (sP?) for a while. I don't know for how long, but he's still not back in school a year later. :(
So I know how you feel..I'm so sorry.

delidog
09-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Mugsy,
Stick to saving the 4-leggers...
You will find it Much More Rewarding!!!
2 Leggers CAN make their Own choices!!

moosmom
09-24-2003, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry you had to go through this Molly. When you are a teacher, it's almost as though the kids become an extended part of your family.

My biggest question is...

WHERE ARE THE 2 LEGGERS PARENTS????

When I was that age, my parents needed to know EVERYTHING, who, what where, why and when. At the time I thought it was an intrusion on my privacy. But as my Dad always told me, "When you have children of your own, you'll understand why I'm doing the things I do, for your own good. How right he was!!!

I guess nowadays with the shortness of employment, and single parent households, parental supervision isn't what it USED to be. Instead of spending time with their kids, talking to them and educating them on the hazards of drugs and guns, the parents expect the TEACHERS, who are underpaid and overworked, to do THEIR job as well. My best friend is a special ed teacher in CT and do NOT know how she's done it for this long without ending up in a rubber room, rocking in the corner. I don't know how you do it either, Molly.

I was fortunate enough to have a daughter who is every parent's dream. Doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs. I'm sure alot of you do too, and can see where I'm coming from.

Hang in there. It's people like you, Molly, who can and DO make a difference in SOME of the kids. Others are a lost cause.

(((((hugs))))))

ramanth
09-24-2003, 11:36 AM
*Hugs Molly*

I just don't understand either.. :(

catland
09-24-2003, 12:01 PM
That's so tragic. My condolences to you and friends and the families.

popcornbird
09-24-2003, 04:11 PM
This is what happens when parents give their kids too much freedom and let them do whatever they want, without guidance, and without caring to know their whereabouts or who their friends are or who they talk to on their cell phones. :( Kids, if you have strict parents, be happy. Its a blessing, really.

I too do not understand what goes on in the minds of these kids that they do such things. I honestly think such kids didn't have a proper upbringing and lack of parental guidance. So sad. :(