PDA

View Full Version : Gecko

IluvMyBeagle
09-23-2003, 05:40 PM
Hey everyone it is good to come back from my vacation!!! Anways I am still sorry for the cockatiel mistake that i had made awhile ago..... I will never talk like that again I am so sorry for the people who were INVOLVED in the words I chose to say but weren't right.... Anyways I might get a gecko because my friend has a african fat tailed gecko and I absolutly love it AAAAHHHH!!! Well it is a maybe cause I asked my mom and she said ask dad when he comes home from work because he always so nice about haveing me get an animal he helps me with the cage and everything :) heeeeeeheeee lol please reply to this message and wish me good luck (and hope that my dad will say yes)

Your best girl.....

Allie

GoldenRetrLuver
09-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Did you do any research before you decided you wanted a Gecko? PLEASE don't just get one because you love them, and think there cute.

Oh, and about the cockatiel thing, appology accepted. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Yeah, like Julie said, RESEARCH IS KEY... before getting a pet.

Gecko's are exotic, they *I think, maybe I'm wrong* need special attention, unlike a dog. Big responsibility you're takin on, girl.

IluvMyBeagle
09-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey my friend told me everything about them because I was ubsessed with the thing and I was asking questions and how to take care of them and tomorrow or somethin I am gonna get a book on them and how to take care of 'em
:)

By the way..... thanks for 4 giving me!!!

Kfamr
09-23-2003, 05:49 PM
Apology accepted but, I just hope you don't end up the same you did with cockatiels.

Do some EXTRA research because your friend may not know *everything*.

IluvMyBeagle
09-23-2003, 05:52 PM
Yep i know that :D thanks for givin me a heads up Kfamr.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Right. Don't just go on what your friend tells you, she/he may not know it all.
Get a book, go online and find info on them. Talk to people who have them. I believe we have a members on here with Geckos.

primabella
09-23-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Yeah, like Julie said, RESEARCH IS KEY... before getting a pet.

Gecko's are exotic, they *I think, maybe I'm wrong* need special attention, unlike a dog. Big responsibility you're takin on, girl.

Hey a dog is a HUGE responsibility too. :)

I hope you know your stuff, as a pet is for life.

Oh, and I LOVE Geckos so you better get pics up fast!

IluvMyBeagle
09-23-2003, 05:55 PM
thanks again guys you da best!!!!!!

Kater
09-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Yes, don't just take your friends word as the truth. Research online and look at more than book. It is very important to question the authority of your sources as well as double check information in more than one source.

Good luck on adding a gecko to your family!
(We have them wild in the houses in Hawai'i! They're always chirping late at night!)