PDA

View Full Version : Cats & Machinery

ramanth
09-23-2003, 09:52 AM
* I got permission from the owner of this thread to repost it here... I just knew you cat owners would get a kick out of this. :D *

OK, so this isn't really funny in some respects, as to get to the point of this thread I'll have to give you the problematic background...

As those of you who've been bombarded with my pussycat traumas before will know, Our cat Pern is currently on Beta Blocker medication for a heart condition (Hypertrophic CardioMyopathy) which we get from the local vet.

Eric has also had his share of difficulties when, last year, he suffered with a blocked urethra and nearly died.

We've been watching him like a hawk ever since and over the past few days he'd started to squat more, without peeing and then started passing spots of pink urine... Straight to the vet he went!

Well, he's been started on new medication, an Alpha Blocker, which is kinda funny in some respects to have two cats both on different cardiac medication but in Eric's case, the medication should relax the urethra and allow him to urinate!

So, what's the really funny bit...?

We had to get his new medication from the local chemist as the vet had none in stock and the label reads:

HYPOVASE 1mg TABLETS
GIVE ONE tablet DAILY
TO CAT ERIC
**FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY**
WARNING: This may cause drowsiness.
If affected DO NOT DRIVE or use machinery

http://forum.annemccaffrey.org/images/smilies/laugh.gif

The only driving Eric does is to drive us up the wall at times!!

It's quite clear that the local chemist doesn't deal with many animal prescriptions! :D

Ja¥son xx

neko1
09-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Heehee...cute:)

slick
09-23-2003, 12:27 PM
LMAO!! too funny.:D :D

Miss Meow
09-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Maybe he does drive to the vet's occasionally to stock up on dried food and toys, but his owner doesn't know about it ... ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
The only driving Eric does is to drive us up the wall at times!!

See, he/she admits that Eric does drive! :D

Too funny! :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2003, 10:33 PM
LOL Too funny. :D

tuxluvr
09-23-2003, 10:51 PM
HYPOVASE 1mg TABLETS
GIVE ONE tablet DAILY
TO CAT ERIC
**FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY**
WARNING: This may cause drowsiness.
If affected DO NOT DRIVE or use machinery

Well, sometimes my living room looks like Ritz has been manipulating a backhoe through the middle of it! (can't you just see that...tux kitty with a little yellow hard hat on) :)

too funny

ramanth
09-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Well, sometimes my living room looks like Ritz has been manipulating a backhoe through the middle of it! (can't you just see that...tux kitty with a little yellow hard hat on) :)

too funny

Perhaps Miss Edwina could model such a look for us! ;) :D

Although the image of Miss Ritzy driving a backhoe has me in stitches... :D :D

Cataholic
09-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Kinda related....when I pick up Tex's prescription at CVS, the pharmacist always makes a big deal out of making sure I have explained Tex's medications to him, and making sure Tex doesn't have any questions, and making sure I am respecting Tex's privacy rights, including the new federal legislation, HIPAA.

I always appreciate him being kind, and including Tex in the transaction. (Yes, he knows Tex is a cat...he is just being funny).

nodgeness
09-24-2003, 07:43 PM
LMAO! That is great!