PDA

View Full Version : Lily going to be x-rayed this morning! :(

Kirsten
09-22-2003, 02:37 AM
It's only a precaution, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry (and my vet agreed).

I was building a wooden frame for my bathroom mirror last night, and I only left the room for less than a minute, but when I came back, Lily has found the package with the screws and was already chewing on one of them. Was able to get it out of her mouth again, but when I counted the remaining screws (the package said there were 200 in it and I knew how many I had used so far) I found out there were two missing. Needless to say, this gives you the scary idea Lily might have eaten them already.

So we're off the to vet's now for an x-ray-shot. Please keep paws and fingers crossed they'll find nothing!

Besides, I feel like a very bad cat mommy because I didn't think about the screws when I left the room! :o

Kirsten

bisi.cat
09-22-2003, 03:31 AM
Oh little Lily, always in mischief...it's time to learn that there are certain things (for example SCREWS!) that are not meant for a kitten to play with...

I do hope she hasn't swallowed two of them...paws and fingers crossed!!!

Don't blame yourself for that, Kirsten...sometimes it's just astonishing what can happen, that you would never believe it could...
I guess Lily has fully deserved the "N" word again after that...

Uniqueviking
09-22-2003, 04:10 AM
*Keeps fingers crossed that the lil Lily brat didn't swallow any screws*

Beans, Boomer, Bownie the Bat and the Beddy Bear will keep their paws crossed for her too! :)

Kirsten
09-22-2003, 04:54 AM
Thanks! :)

We just came back, and there's nothing to worry about! No screws in her little tummy! :)

She was such a good girl at the vet's; purred when the vet was holding her and showed no fear!

And she was very much interested in the dogs in the waiting room! :) She watched them, purred and eventually started rolling on the floor of her carrier, it looks like she was already in heat (but the vet said it's just that she wanted to play with the dogs). :)

It's only the car ride that she hated! She was crying all the time!

Kirsten

HayleyRosie
09-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Glad to hear that everything is okay.

ScantyNebula
09-22-2003, 06:58 AM
I can't believe how much mischief that little Lily gets into!! Every second thread you post has to do with Lily doing something that could possible use one of her nine lives! LOL I'm glad everything is ok!

Going to have to put that girl on a leash while you're out of the house! ;);)

bisi.cat
09-22-2003, 07:04 AM
Oh, I am so glad to hear that everything is fine with that little Lily Devil!!!:D :D :D

But I think now it's time to get serious with that screw company about putting less in the boxes than they tell on the box...and thus scaring you about the missing ones...lol;)

Killearn Kitties
09-22-2003, 07:18 AM
Glad to hear she's OK. What a handful she is turning out to be.

Logan
09-22-2003, 07:51 AM
Whew!!!! Lily almost sounds like a mischevious puppy, Kirsten! :) It has been so long (over 14 years, now, since Mimi was a baby) since I had a kitten that I forgot the trouble they can get into!!! :p

Kirsten
09-22-2003, 08:43 AM
I can't believe how much mischief that little Lily gets into!! Every second thread you post has to do with Lily doing something that could possible use one of her nine lives!

Yes, she's always getting into trouble! She makes me feel like a very bad mommy! :o
Luna has never been like that, but that Lily girl... she's coming up with tons of strange ideas! :eek:

Kirsten

ScantyNebula
09-22-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Yes, she's always getting into trouble! She makes me feel like a very bad mommy! :o
Luna has never been like that, but that Lily girl... she's coming up with tons of strange ideas! :eek:

Kirsten

Well, at least she is keeping you on your toes! My Lily is a little mischevious too - but not nearly as much as yours! I came home yesterday only to find our foliage plant knocked over onto the carpet - we finally had to end up throwing it away - the cats tortured that poor plant! :rolleyes:

Kirsten
09-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
Well, at least she is keeping you on your toes! My Lily is a little mischevious too - but not nearly as much as yours! I came home yesterday only to find our foliage plant knocked over onto the carpet - we finally had to end up throwing it away - the cats tortured that poor plant! :rolleyes:

I have also lost many plants after the cats treated them badly... :) Cat owners need to set priorities, right? LOL

LOL, so the Lily's have something in common, they're little mischief girls! :) How old is your Lily btw?

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
09-22-2003, 02:42 PM
I'm so glad she's OK! :)

Kirsten
09-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Thanks! :)

Kirsten

Miss Meow
09-22-2003, 04:35 PM
That's a relief! I think we will all be relieved when she starts outgrowing her kitten naughtiness!

Kirsten
09-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Oh yes!!! As cute as kittens are, but this one is really a handful and sometimes I really wish she's older and more mature! :)

Kirsten

ScantyNebula
09-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
I have also lost many plants after the cats treated them badly... :) Cat owners need to set priorities, right? LOL

LOL, so the Lily's have something in common, they're little mischief girls! :) How old is your Lily btw?

Kirsten

Lily is turning 6 months old tomorrow, in fact! :D Oh no .... we all know what that means ...... VETS!!! NEUTER!!!! :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Kirsten, I'm so glad that little Lily is okay. :) She sure gets into a lot of mischief.

ramanth
09-23-2003, 09:04 AM
I'm glad there are no screws in her tummy tum!!

Which I guess leaves the question.... where are they!? ;) :D

2kitties
09-23-2003, 09:11 AM
Hee hee. Lilly is just "creative" not naughty;)
I'm glad the x-ray turned out okay. Now, miss Lilly, let's stick to eating cat food, okay?

catmandu
09-23-2003, 09:51 AM
We are gla that Lily is all right. It is better to be safe than sorry! Lily dont eat anything but your Cat Food!!!! Your friends at the Lost Cat Hotel.

Barbara
09-23-2003, 12:36 PM
The good thing when you are away some days: you get the shock and the relief in the same thread!

Lily, you nawteekat;) ;)