PDA

View Full Version : Micah on meds

NoahsMommy
09-22-2003, 12:56 AM
I had our vet give Micah an exam, a complete feline blood panel and urinalysis last week. I wanted to be certain that he's getting all he needs from his raw diet.

He's doing pretty good healthwise, but they want to take some more blood to moniter his liver/kidneys and do a platlet count on him. They also want to do a FIV/Feline Leukemia test as well. :eek: I really hope everything comes out alright.

She put Micah on some antibiotics and some prednisone for the inflammation in his mouth. She thinks he has a gum/teeth condition. He actually GROWLED at her when she opened his mouth! My Micah!!! She said that meant it really hurts him. (Could have fooled me, the way he wolfs down anything in site!!)

Anyway, we had them compounded because I didn't want to agrivate his mouth by shoving pills down there. He likes that added chicken flavor in his food! ;)

We have him eating IVD dry with his raw diet and the litter box still looks great!! Yay, Micah!!

Please keep him in your prayers that the other tests go well.

wolflady
09-22-2003, 01:03 AM
Awwww...Micah, little cutie pie! You know that I'll be praying for ya and that all the tests come out ok.
Kelly, I know you said that he seemed to have mouth problems before, so hopefully they're not causing an infection. Does he have really bad buildup? I know that with the raw diet (mostly moist, right?) that might help the bad teeth along, so it's good that he's getting a bit of hard crunchy bits with the IVD. Are you considering a tooth cleaning for him? Poor little guy! He's so lucky to have a meowmie like you! I'm so pleased that his litter box has been showing tootsie rolls as opposed to runny poops! That is so great! :D Let me know how little Micah is doing! I got some great pics of him for you! :D

**hugs**

ScantyNebula
09-22-2003, 06:45 AM
Awww.. . good luck Kelly and Micah! I hope everything turns out A-Ok! :D

Logan
09-22-2003, 07:50 AM
Hope he will continue doing well, Kelly!! :D

catmandu
09-22-2003, 09:38 AM
Prayers are on thier way for Micah! Lets hope that he is as tough as Micah Torrance , the sherrif on The Rifleman , played by the late Paul Fix. Yeatrs of joy and laughter are in store for you and Micah , we are praying!

2kitties
09-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Prayers and good thoughts for Micah. I hotp the meds work out well and you're able to eat grand in no time.

PayItForward
09-22-2003, 12:08 PM
Prayers that all the tests come back clear.

Micah, sweetie pie did you really growl at the vet :eek:

NoahsMommy
09-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys. :)

NoahsMommy
09-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Micah, sweetie pie did you really growl at the vet :eek:
Yes! Can you believe it??? I was amazed he even knew how to do that!! ;)

Miss Meow
09-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Good luck, Micah! Hope all turns out well at the whitecoat's - and they *need* a growl or two occasionally to show them who's boss ;)

Barbara
09-23-2003, 12:40 PM
We keep our paws crossed for Micah. I am afraid I know already 2 Abys who have tooth problems -I hope it turns out ok.

Little Filou even growled at auntie Sara and at auntie Vio: He had to make sure they respected him as a big boy and didn't find him too cute:)

krazyaboutkatz
09-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Kelly, I sure hope that everything goes well for Micah. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. :)