PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong?

Kfamr
09-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Ok, I'm going to try not to aim this at anyone specific.

Alot of people have told me that I Love my Dogs "too much" -- Which I think is highly impossible.

Some people have made SICK, perverted jokes -- Things I would *NEVER* think of. It's disgusting and outrageous that they would actually say the stuff i've heard. Most of them being towards Simba, because he is truely my heart.

Is it "wrong" to love my dogs so much?

GoldenRetrLuver
09-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Of course not. I know how much Simba means to you, and people who make those "sick jokes" are messed up in the head. They think its funny, but it's really hurtful and disgusting.

Don't let it get to you.

Kfamr
09-21-2003, 09:39 PM
It doesn't bother me personally that much if they say B.S. about me or have whatever it may be against me, but when they get Simba in it it bothers me -- some people need mental help if they actually think of those things.

binka_nugget
09-21-2003, 09:41 PM
The question should be "is it wrong to NOT love your dog that much?" You're just like the rest of us..with the odd exception.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah, they do. Those "people" don't have anything better to do then hit on people and things they love. Don't worry, we all love Simba. :) Who wouldn't? ;)

Kfamr
09-21-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Who wouldn't? ;)

That's a hard question!:p

GoldenRetrLuver
09-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
That's a hard question!:p

Hehe :D

Aspen and Misty
09-21-2003, 09:50 PM
LOL. I always say there is only one man for me, Julian. Most of them understand how much I love my animals so they don't mind.

I can only imgine the comments you get and I'm sorry that people say those things. People can be so judgemental sometimes. Yes we love our pets, but not like that.

Ash

NoahsMommy
09-21-2003, 09:53 PM
I think that when people see how much time, love, money and devotion we give/spend on our pets, it makes them feel bad they aren't doing the same.

If that's not the case, I'll pretend it is. :)

Rachel
09-21-2003, 09:54 PM
The only way you could possibly love Simba too much would be if your *love* was harmful to him. Sometimes we endulge our pets with food and they put on too much weight. That is about the only example I can think of that would be *loving our dogs too much*. People who can't understand the love a person can have for a dog are to be pitied. They don't have a clue about the deep and true happiness that comes from the amazing relationship that is possible between human and the canine. I actually feel a bit sorry for them despite their sarcastic remarks.

kingrattus
09-21-2003, 10:21 PM
Don't worry Kfamr ur not the only one who has gone through that ****. I'm assuming its a school?? or atleast ppl from school?? I love Max just as much as u love ur simba & ppl teased me & made sick perveted jokes all the time. It was really hard at first & then u learn to block them out & u stop noticing them or if that doesn't work talking to the principal almost always works.

carole
09-21-2003, 10:35 PM
I can only feel sad for these people, they obviously have missed out in life, not having a big enough heart to share their love with an animal, so I would just take it with a grain of salt, I can't see how one could possibly love their pet too much.

Karen
09-21-2003, 10:36 PM
It is not wrong. In no way is it wrong. Anyone who thinks it's wrong to love your doggies as much as you do - tell 'em to talk to me.

A dog's love is unreplaceable, truly unconditional. A dog depends on you, but doesn't demand a lot, just love, food and walks! A dog is capable of loving a person even if they don't treat it right - that's how strong a dog's love is - so don't they deserve the same from us? how many huamns demonstrate that kind of unconditional love? What other love is that simple and strong?

Kfamr
09-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
Don't worry Kfamr ur not the only one who has gone through that ****. I'm assuming its a school?? or atleast ppl from school?? I love Max just as much as u love ur simba & ppl teased me & made sick perveted jokes all the time. It was really hard at first & then u learn to block them out & u stop noticing them or if that doesn't work talking to the principal almost always works.

Nope, No one at school. It's always been people online. If someone did say that to me at school, I'd probably have a 3 day vacation for punching them.

lovemyshiba
09-22-2003, 07:25 AM
No way is it wrong!!!!!!!

I love my babies so much--I couldn't imagine a day without them!!

I feel sad for people who can't understand that, or don't experience the love from a dog or cat or bird or rat or bunny--whatever pet they love!! People are really missing out!!!

I would do anything for my dogs, no matter what it takes. I get up extra early in the morning to take them out, I walk them in the rain, I clean up poop and vomit, play outside with them no matter what the weather is, carry their pictures with me, talk about them all the time--excessive??? no way--they deserve it!!!

shais_mom
09-22-2003, 07:33 AM
No it certainly is NOT wrong that you love them so much. We all love ours the same I think. But what is important is that you realize that you will love them forever and they will love you forever even if they aren't with us in body, but in Spirit. Shaianne was my heart and soul, I didn't think I could breath without her in my life. Then one day she wasn't. I was totally and completely lost. But as in the case of where people lose a parent, spouse, sister, brother, child. It does get easier. Tho it is very very hard.
I am not trying to change the subject or bring 'it' down, so please don't think that, just something to think about even tho none of us ever ever ever want to.
Please give Simba and Nala big hugs!! :)

HoRsELUvR
09-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Dont let other people's immature teasing get in the way.i have to deal with that too.people say things about me and horses too so i think i know what you mean by disgusting jokes.:rolleyes: by all means,go on loving your dogs.dont let what other people think define you.

dukedogsmom
09-22-2003, 08:15 AM
I sure don't think so! And if it is, I know a lot of us on here that are guilty, too. But, ignore those rude and ignorant comments. They're probably animal haters.

slleipnir
09-22-2003, 08:30 AM
No. Nothing wrong with loving your baby. They're like children to us aren't they? You can't love a human child to much right? I love Josie more then anything, shes my baby, my life, my heart, everything.

Those ppl who say that obviously have issues

anna_66
09-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Is it "wrong" to love my dogs so much?

In one word.....NO!

catland
09-22-2003, 10:27 AM
It sounds like some of these people are just trying to get a reaction out of you. If you said who your favorite author was, they'd probably say something sarcastic about him or her. If you said you liked kayaking, they'd probably say that it was a stupid sport.

Just ignore them and know that we're always here at PT where you can tell us how much you love your dogs and we'll agree with you and tell you how lucky you and your doggies are to have each other.:D

primabella
09-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Of course it isn't wrong. I was asked a few stupid, immature questions from a girl at school when I told her I got Mickey. I just gave her a dirty look. Like, it's one thing to insult me but NEVER bring my family into things. And that includes Mickey and the birds. I would do anything for my babies, that includes ignoring stupid comments that would make me feel bad. Give your pups a hug from me. :)

slick
09-22-2003, 11:18 AM
Just ignore those comments. We all love our pets too much and if they don't have pets, they are probably just jealous. Stick to Pet Talk. We understand.

ChrisH
09-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Is it wrong to love your dogs so much? No it is not. No way!

{{Hugs}}
Chris

2kitties
09-22-2003, 11:26 AM
I think you must know some really weird people, is all.;)

Cookiebaker
09-22-2003, 04:44 PM
No it is not wrong.

I've been accused by a family member that I "worshipped" my dogs. This person has a real problem with the fact that I treat them as if they were my babies. THEY ARE!!!

One of the guys at work said "oh you are one of THEM" because he thinks I'm fanatical. (I say "One of WHO?") I get so tired of these kinds of comments. But you know? I love my babies, and I refuse to apologize for it.

zippy-kat
09-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Ok, I'm going to try not to aim this at anyone specific. Alot of people have told me that I Love my Dogs ...

Nope, No one at school. It's always been people online.

Did anyone else catch that?

After viewing a few of the 'controversial' threads, me thinks they are among us.

shais_mom
09-22-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

After viewing a few of the 'controversial' threads, me thinks they are among us.

Going out on a limb here, but I have to agree.
Some people will say anything to hurt someone else.

Kfamr
09-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Ok, It's been people from some photography boards, and well, a few on here.

It's always been in IM or PM though.

wolf_Q
09-22-2003, 09:56 PM
If it's wrong, I'm certainly guilty!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-23-2003, 06:28 AM
NO WAY!!!!!

I pity people who don't have a close bond with an animal. They are missing out on a very special part of being alive!!!

People look at me like I am crazy, because I have Ally's photo on my desk next to my husband and children!

The best thing about Pet Talk is......

No-one here will EVER say "it's only an animal" - that's why I love it here:D

lovemyshiba
09-23-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Agreed.

micki76
09-23-2003, 08:52 AM
While you and I obviously don’t agree on much, we do agree that there’s nothing wrong with loving your kids.

shais_mom
09-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
NO WAY!!!!!

The best thing about Pet Talk is......

No-one here will EVER say "it's only an animal" - that's why I love it here:D

This is normally a true statement with the exception that ( I don't know if KayAnn will get upset with me for telling this) 2 people making fun of her are/were on PetTalk.
:mad: :( :( :mad: :rolleyes:
And once again I make the statement, sometimes people will say anything to hurt someone else, and that is what they are doing. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
09-24-2003, 10:22 PM
You can never love your dog or any pet too much. They are like your children. They light up your life. They are there for you, when times are bad. When I've had a bad day, and noone will listen to me, I just go over to Sadie, and give her a hug. Because I know she'll listen. And I love her for that.:)