PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a dear friend of mine

wolfsoul
09-21-2003, 09:11 PM
It isn't looking good for my friend, Pat. He has an anurism (sp?) in his stomach from a blow he got from an ATV last year. It's only recently acted up, and he's in the hospital in critical condition. Apparently it's messing his leg up and so it's all slashed up completely from surgery. He will need MAJOR skin graphs for that. He has had three surgeries and he has a huge cut from his groin all the way to his ribs. :( He'll never be the same. :( They put a filter in his neck to stop the clotting from going upwards. His family is so upset. :( His wife, Candi, is so distressed. It was their anniversary two weeks ago. And Candi's daughter's birthday was a while ago when Pat was sick, and if that wasn't enough, her birthday is also on Sept. 11th which made her even more upset.

The doctors don't know if he'll live. He seems fine right now, but you never know when things can go wrong. :( We aren't allowed to visit him in the hospital because he's in ICU and only direct family is allowed to see him or something.

PLEASE pray for Pat, I've known him forever, he used to live with us. He is the owner of my old dog, Stitch. :( Stitchy needs her daddy. :(

Nomilynn
09-21-2003, 09:14 PM
I will keep him in my prayers!

captain
09-21-2003, 09:15 PM
(((((((hugs)))))))))))) and prayers go out to your friend and his family..

GoldenRetrLuver
09-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Oh No. :( I'm so sorry Jordan. :( I'm sending good thoughts and get well prayers to Pat your way. It must be devastating for you and his family...Get well soon Pat! :(

((hugs))

wolfsoul
09-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Thanks everyone. :( It's so sad. He's only 30 years old! :( I don't know how to put this in technical terms, but apparently the pressure from the surgery on his leg is making it swell. They may have to amputate! :eek: :( I just emailed my dad about it. Pat used to be one of his best friends. I bet he doesn't care anymore. :mad:

anna_66
09-22-2003, 08:35 AM
I will keep your friend in my prayers Jordan.

cloverfdx
09-22-2003, 09:47 AM
my thoughts and prayers are on the way

and hoping that all goes well and the doctors see some improvement and the next few days.

dukedogsmom
09-22-2003, 10:04 AM
I always hate to hear when people are sick or worse. I'm hoping it's God's plan to let him be well with his family for many years to come. Sad that you can't visit. It's been proven to help people that are really ill. Also, see if the family members can bring Stitches. I know our hospital here allows that when people are terribly sick.

primabella
09-22-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm so sorry about this. I'll be sending some prayers to Pat and his family.

slick
09-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Sending prayers and postive thoughts to Pat and his family. Please keep us updated.