PDA

View Full Version : Ohio renaissance festival

puppygrrl4eva7
09-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Did any Ohio Pet talkers go to this? I went there today, I loved it! It makes me wish I lived back in medieval times. I dunno why but I think Kim would have liked it a whole lot. There were tons of people wearing those old timey outfits.:D Even though I brought money I didn't buy anything (my new world record) But I really wanted one of those neat outfits.:D

P.S. If thread was completely pointless then tell me and I'll delete it.

mugsy
09-21-2003, 07:03 PM
I have a friend who is a part of the SCA that recreates the Middle Ages and they have teens that are a part of it. Maybe you could look into that! Sounds like a Kimmy and Andy thing to me too.

Kfamr
09-21-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Sounds like a Kimmy and Andy thing to me too.

Don't forget Kia! :p ;)

mugsy
09-21-2003, 07:15 PM
OH!! How could I miss Kia!!! I forgot she likes to dress up too!! Sorry Kia!

Cataholic
09-21-2003, 07:53 PM
LOL, I have been before, too! Baylee..if you had only told me...that is half way between us! I always laugh when I see those people walking around with those HUGE turkey drumsticks!

puppygrrl4eva7
09-21-2003, 09:59 PM
LOL, I have been before, too! Baylee..if you had only told me...that is half way between us! I always laugh when I see those people walking around with those HUGE turkey drumsticks!

Really? I thought it was up north of me, I have no sense of direction. But hey I'm willing to go again;) :D After all it ends sometime in October... About the Turkey Drumsticks jeese those things could feed a whole family! I stuck to a funnel cake yum :D

Kfamr
09-21-2003, 10:01 PM
OMG.. Turkey Drumsticks are *SO GOOD*. WE had got some last time we went to Disney. We got it when it was raining and all of the rides were shut down. It was our dinner for the day! :)

puppygrrl4eva7
09-21-2003, 11:23 PM
I know this has no point at all but wouldn't that make a funny muder weapon I can just see the headline......

" Man clobbered to Death with two Pound Turkey leg "

lol I have too much free time.;) :D

Sevens
09-21-2003, 11:30 PM
actually, I could see that as a headline...LOL

I've had that same thought before when seeing turkey legs..

One Thanksgiving a few years ago, my aunt decided to host it and she served turkey. (My mom has never done that). She sent us home with leftovers and my younger sis got a turkey leg, but I didn't know she did.

I laughed so hard when I saw that thing wrapped up in foil sitting in the fridge. The first thing that came to my mind was "Well, at least we can use that to defend ourselves if a burglar broke in....":D

Cincy'sMom
09-22-2003, 05:10 AM
We went a few years ago, and I went to one in Arizona even more years ago.

I think they actually have the festival at two different places in Ohio. (At least) One in down between Cincy and Columbus, the other up in Fremont. I don't remember which is what time of year, but it is possible Baylee you did go north :)

It seems like Kimmy did post some pictures a few years ago of a trip the Michigan festival, include pictures of Kia in costume!

puppygrrl4eva7
09-22-2003, 05:41 AM
I know this festival was right next to Jeffersonville (or in it).

RobiLee
09-22-2003, 06:42 AM
I've been there. Had a great time. I really like all the shows that they put on. They had some real funny ones. The one with the mud sticks out in my head. Did you get to see that one? If they still do it. I loved all the costumes too.

Robin :)