PDA

View Full Version : Nuissance Barking

Cookiebaker
09-21-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm so sad today. We have been home all day today, and the neighbor dog (I think it's a cocker spaniel mix -- we often see him on our walks) has been barking non stop. It's so hard to find peace to do anything listening to the constant barking. And besides that, I feel so sorry for him because he is so unhappy. I just want to go dognap him. :eek: :(

Foam
09-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Have you tried calling up your neighbors and talking to them about it? Maybe offer to come over and play with some yummy treats!

Cincy'sMom
09-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Foam's idea isn't a bad one...maybe you could invite the neighbor dog along on your walks. It wouldn't totally fix the problem, but may bring a little joy to the poor neglected puppy.

Cataholic
09-21-2003, 04:26 PM
We have a similar problem here. I live in a neighborhood that is very tightly packed in. My backyard neighbor's side neighbor (so, diagonal to me) has a westie, Bailey. The ENTIRE neighborhood knows to yell, "Bailey, hush"....this doggie will bark for HOURS. I tried calling the police, and talking to the neighbors. Nothing works. I went over at 2 am one morning, knocked on the door, and said, "is that your dog that is barking (knowing that it was)"? He said, "what dog"? No kidding.

Sometimes, I just shut my window, and turn on some music.

For anyone that lets their dog bark- know it is totally annoying. I know "dogs bark"...but, sheesh. Bring them inside!