PDA

View Full Version : How long to see your dog?

mcbunch
09-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Hi!

My daughter found this site several months ago and checks it daily. The whole family loves it. I was wondering how long it generally takes after nominating a dog or pet before you may see it?? She nominated our dog a while back, but I understand they probably have a ton of people nominate daily. I was thinking maybe our picture was not of good enough quality or something. Maybe we should try it again?? Just curious and appreciate any advice!

Thank you!
Sarah

CamCamPup33
09-21-2003, 01:58 PM
hm.. i dont know! lol but im glad you decided to join!! this is a very very friendly community and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do.. Welcome!! my name is amber and i have a dog and a cat.. Cami is a corgi/ american eskimo mix.. shes in my signature if it is working.. and cali a calico cat!! :D Looking foward to pictures of your pets!! :)

GoldenRetrLuver
09-21-2003, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure how long it takes, but it may be a while. I entered mine a few months ago, and they have yet to be featured. :)

Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm glad you decided to join! :D My name is Julianne (people call me Julie for short) and I have 2 dogs, Daisy a 1.6 year old female golden retriever, and Molly a 2.6 year old Sable and White Rough Collie. (both in signature) I also have a 7 month old Pied Cockatiel named Piper, a syrian hamster named Neko, 2 tabby mixed cats named Angel and Dillian, and 6 desert tortoises! :)

This is a great board, I'm sure you'll love it here! :D:)

Cataholic
09-21-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi, and welcome to PT! I don't know how long it takes, but, I imagine it is awhile.

Post some pics of your doggie here, and I guarentee we will all go crazy over him/her. It helps to include a story....and tons of pics. We love pictures!!!!!

mcbunch
09-21-2003, 04:20 PM
I do not know. I am new to.
I nomanated my dog a long time ago and he is still not on.

Thanks
Hannah:p

Kfamr
09-21-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm confused... First it says Sarah, now Hannah?

As for your dog being up -- They pick and chose from the nominations I believe.

binka_nugget
09-21-2003, 06:27 PM
I think Kfamr's right. I nominated Kai a LONG time ago. I think before I joined...and I have yet to see him.

popcornbird
09-21-2003, 06:30 PM
She said her daughter found it and that the whole family's enjoying it..........so I'm assuming maybe several members of the family are using the same account? :confused: Either way, WELCOME to PT and I look forward to hearing about your pets!

mugsy
09-21-2003, 07:07 PM
My advice is to private message Karen or email her and ask her. I'm with Johanna, we LOVE pictures, post the dog here!

wolf_Q
09-21-2003, 10:28 PM
It seems to me if you're not a regular member here your nomination gets up much faster. I sent in Reggie before I joined PT and he was up in a few months. I bet it's been over a year and a half since I nominated Smokey....

I haven't bothered to nominate Nebo yet.

Karen
09-21-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
It seems to me if you're not a regular member here your nomination gets up much faster.

That's not true. It has nothing to do with it. There are, granted, many more people who aren't members that who ARE members of Pet Talk, but whether or not you are a member here doesn't effect the nomination in a negative way at all.

zippy-kat
09-21-2003, 11:32 PM
McBunch, you're not the first person to wonder this! lol
Here's another! (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=33614&highlight=esster)

Originally posted by Karen
There are, granted, many more people who aren't members that who ARE members of Pet Talk, but whether or not you are a member here doesn't effect the nomination in a negative way at all.

What is it C/P/DOTD based on then? I know you mentioned picture quality/cute poses/good writing before, however the pictures I sent in (close to two years ago) have yet to be featured and were of good quality. I suppose 'cute poses' and 'good writing' would be objective/personal preference ... but there have been other pics of poor quality. Are they randomly chosen by a software program?

mcbunch
09-22-2003, 07:11 AM
THANK YOU!! For all the comments.
Yes, Hannah is my daughter that found the site, I am Sarah the mom. She wanted to figure out if she could make one of the smiley faces work so she posted to herself <grin> .
Anyway, this site did inspire her to start an article in the kids newsletter that goes out with our local homeschool group. It is a pet of the month and she writes it much like this one is run....but from the animals perspective. If our wonderful dog Charley makes it on the site is beside the point. We all love animals and this site and have enjoyed so much reading about them. We will take some new pics and post something here. And, maybe try to nominate him again later if we don't see him.

You all have a wonderful Monday!!
Sarah and Hannah!

PS... Thanks to the site my son wants a Bengal Cat! A bit expensive though....we prefer the ASPCA.:D

zippy-kat
09-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by mcbunch
we prefer the ASPCA.:D

That's the best way to go!;) :D

ParNone
09-22-2003, 10:43 AM
I think I nominated Maddie before I was a member,
so it's been at least a year ago. I was going
to submit each dog one at a time, but since Maddie
never got selected, I didn't go ahead with Murph
and Oz. I know this is going to sound silly, but
I didn't want Maddie to feel bad that she didn't
get selected and then if by chance Murph or Oz did.
Oh the jealousy.:)

I know, she doesn't know what Dog of the Day is and
couldn't care less, but she's special to me, so I guess
it's more I would have felt bad for her. And I know
it's a subjective process and just because she's
special to me, doesn't mean she's as special to
anybody else. But when it comes to the ones you love,
sometimes emotional thought overtakes rational thought.

Anywho, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter
to her, because she knows she's my Dog of the Day
everyday (and so are Murph and Oz, but we'll just keep
that lil' tidbit to ourselves ;)), so who knows at
some point I may get around to nominating Murph and
Oz too.

Par...

micki76
09-22-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm afraid I have to agree with Amy and Tonya. I haven't even submitted mine because members pets seem to be so rarely chosen. :(

pitc9
09-22-2003, 01:50 PM
I sent in a picture of my two back in the Spring, and they have yet to be on!!

Oh well....I get to see them everyday.... I guess that's what matters most!!!:D

Logan
09-22-2003, 02:48 PM
My dogs, cats and birds are my Dog of the Day, Cat of the Day and Pet of the Day, everyday!!! I enjoy seeing all the photos that everyone posts here on Pet Talk, as well as the featured ones every single day!!! :) I have never nominated my own pets as I feel they get lots of exposure every time I post, and every time I tell a story about them!!!