PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree?!

bisi.cat
09-21-2003, 11:14 AM
This is a current report of BestFriends from their site:

A recent poll by Cats Protection in the U.K. found that 44 percent of people enjoy a better night’s sleep with their cat on their bed than with their human partner.

People surveyed noted that:

Cats take up less space than humans.
Cats don’t harass you at sleep-time (although they often do in the morning!).
Purring is preferable to snoring.

Nearly half of those surveyed said their cat is a better companion than their current or last partner. They noted that the cat is more fun to be around, is not critical or judgmental, and is more loving. Ninety percent said their cat had increased their ability to relax after work, and more than half said their cat had given them a more positive outlook on life.

Didn't we all know this before???

RedHedd
09-21-2003, 11:20 AM
LOL -- I hope they didn't use tax payer's $$ to gather this information! They could have just asked us! :)

Tonya
09-21-2003, 11:50 AM
So not true in my case! My cats are sooooo rude at night! Ron lays on my face, meows loud, sharpens his claws loudly on my hamper, goes in and out of the window which makes the blinds bang loudly, lays on my face again, attacks my toes, knocks to get in, knocks to get out, knocks to get in, knocks to get out....Raven is ok. Except she likes to sleep on my pillow with her butt in my face. It's not a very nice thing to wake up too.

jazzcat
09-21-2003, 12:08 PM
If I only had one cat I would totally agree but with three I'm not so sure.
Ripley likes to sleep on my feet and will "stick" me if I move my feet too much. During the cold months Jazz likes to sleep between my knees. I ended up on anti-inflamitory medicine this spring after a winter of her causing arthritis in my knees and hips. Now Scout comes up between 5 am and 7 am for her attention. She sleeps almost on my head and licks my neck, face and hands raw. I don't know when the last time was I had a good night sleep. My husband on the other hand, sleeps like a baby. The cats don't bother him.

moosmom
09-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Although I don't have a partner or significant other, I can DEFINITELY agree that sleeping with my cats does have a positive effect.

Every night when the lights go out, Moo comes up on the bed, curls under the covers and plops his head on the pillow next to mine.

Can't get much better than that!!

Kirsten
09-21-2003, 12:25 PM
LOL, I totally agree! :)

BTW, Luna only sleeps in my bed during the winter, when I have an extra fluffy blanket! Hope she'll still do it now with Lily around!

Kirsten

rg_girlca
09-21-2003, 12:39 PM
[i]Originally posted by bisi.cat

Didn't we all know this before??? [/B]

For sure.

I love it when my animals are with me at night, but to be honest, not all the time. Especially when my back is bothering me and I have Chipper sleeping at my head, Katie behind my knees, Mooky at my feet and Buddy at my chest. Picture this in a SINGLE bed.

Cataholic
09-21-2003, 01:29 PM
For a great nights sleep- just add CATS! I hate when my cats don't sleep with me.

Killearn Kitties
09-21-2003, 01:35 PM
It all seems very obvious to me. I hate it when I don't have a cat of the bed.

I don't know that my husband would necessary agree with the bit about getting a better sleep with your cat than your human partner. At least I don't stand on his throat when he is asleep, not do I stick a wet nose in his ear!:D

bisi.cat
09-21-2003, 01:39 PM
No night is spend well without Nellie at my side...maybe out there 44 % think it's nice to sleep next to a cat, but I think here at Pet Talk nearly 100% appreciate cat company at night!!!

:D :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2003, 04:17 PM
I agree that it's much better to sleep with a cat or cats than a human partner. I also agree that they're much better companions too. :) Usually Storm will sleep on the edge of the bed and will sometimes cuddle up with me in the morning. Sunny and Sky will usually sleep in their cat beds in my room and Cirrus will usually sleep on the floor or on the cat napper in my room.

Uabassoon
09-21-2003, 04:25 PM
I love sharing the bed with my cats, Tibby can be a little annoying sometimes because she likes to bat at my face. But on the occasion she doesn't jump on my bed when I'm going to sleep I call for her until she comes to join me.

PaysForIt
09-21-2003, 04:46 PM
I couldn't possibly comment. :p

And neither can you PayItForward ;)

carole
09-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Lexie is a great lil sleeping partner, she always sleeps at the end of the bed, and as she is a small cat in stature, she does not take up much room, so the two of us can cope, now Ash is my big boy, if he sleeps there, an uncomfortable night ahead, but now lexie is there Ash prefers not to visit the bedroom, choosing downstairs for his night sleeps.

catmandu
09-22-2003, 09:35 AM
I agree as the cats have half of my KIng Size Bed and I have the other half. although with back pain , I toss and turn all the time and The Cats sleep on thier 2 Chairs.And the Cat tower!

dukedogsmom
09-22-2003, 09:37 AM
I would agree! Although, I've got a dog, I love hearing a cat's purr.

2kitties
09-22-2003, 09:37 AM
YES!!! If you've ever heard Chris snore, you'd understand!