PDA

View Full Version : celebrate angel duke with me !

joycenalex
09-21-2003, 06:30 AM
yesterday, i helped my sweet, sugar faced senior golden, duke, to the rainbow bridge. time and arthritis stole him from me. dukes' epilepsy never got in his way, but the pain from the arthritis and the GI tract issues from the pain meds made him unable to enjoy his life. when i brought duke to our house 18 months ago, i promised him, his life would be good. he went from being a garage dog to knowing the happiness of lying in direct line, on a soft bed, with the air conditioner/heat vent blowing on his belly, to having a full belly twice a day, getting groomed and massaged ( he'd let out little ohohs of pleasure when i'd get a good spot) and being allowed up on the bed with the human and the other dog (who'd get peeved with that, much to my amusement).
in his honor, please tell me one small sweet thing that your dog does that makes you smile when he does it.
dear duke, enjoy the trees full of peanut butter bones as you wait for me, alex and your special friend, phoenix.

Cincy'sMom
09-21-2003, 06:45 AM
RIP Sweet Duke! You are in pain no more and can romp and play freely at the bridge.

Joyce- what an awesome tribute to a special dog.

Sweet things my dogs do? Everthing!

Cincy will plop her (not so )little butt right on your lap and wait for a back scratching.

Spot jumps on the couch next to you. First he'll put on paw on your arm. Then he sorta, leans in. Soon he is drapped across your lap, upside down awiting a belly rub.

Sadie is always good for a kiss. Sometimes, in the middle of playing, she runs acorss the yard, just to lick my face :)

delidog
09-21-2003, 07:49 AM
Oh Godspeed Sweet Duke....
You are so Loved!!!!!!
Wonderful Tribute!!!

Special thing my dogs do....
Deli...as I get into bed each night...she immediately jumps up and wiggles her way in for cuddles....
Joey.....Does his Stevie Wonder immitation....for pets....
Sits on couch....head doing a 360 turn,following your every move....tongue lolling out of mouth....just looking cute for a pet!!!
Hobo....Wants every Chair to be his...not couch....the Minute John gets up from his recliner...no matter where in the house Hobo is...he knows that chair is empty.....andflys into it before John can get back from the fridge....

We love them so....
Dear Duke...You have Lots of Friends to play with at The Bridge...
Rest In Peace!!!!

pitc9
09-21-2003, 08:15 AM
God Has already blessed Duke with a wonderful person to live your life out with, and may he always Bless you!

Joycenalex- God Bless you for helping him, and making the last 18 months of his life wonderful.

Sweet things my pups do:

Sierra will lay her head on my lap when she wants to cuddle.
Buddy, there's a million things he does to make me smile he's such a big goof ball!! Knowing how he spent the first year of his life.... just seeing him happy makes me smile!!

God Bless Duke!!
Have fun sweetheart!

Albea
09-21-2003, 09:30 AM
http://**************.com/ecards/pix/So_Sorry/8532819569.jpg
Run happy and without pain at the Rainbow Bridge, angel Duke, with the knowledge that your mom loved you very much and one day you'll be together again.

I also have a senior Golden girl, she'll be 11 in January, who has been very bothered by arthritis lately.
One of the many sweet things she does is: every night, before she goes up on my bed, I have to pet her while she's still standing next to the bed. She will not go up unless I do this. Of course there's another long petting session after she's on the bed. :)

anna_66
09-21-2003, 09:56 AM
Roam at the RB with no more pain sweetheart.
R.I.P. Duke

Angus, well just about anything he does makes me smile;) but I'd have to say the look on his face when he gets a new toy. I've never seen any dog so happy & thankful:)

Roxey, the way she comes up to me & rests her head on my leg as if only to say "I love you".

And Huney, how she comes to greet me at the door with her adoring eyes. She just sits and waits patiently while I put my things away, then smothers me with love:D

dukedogsmom
09-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Have a wonderful time at Rainbow Bridge, Duke. Say hi to Kamisar for me. Hope you find all the peanut butter bones you'll ever want. Your mama misses you very much.

I too have a senior Duke. He's about 9 1/2. There are so many things I love about him. Hard to say what is my favorite but one is when I get home from work or anywhere. He's so happy. He runs and gets his favorite toy and then begs me to play keepaway from him. I make a big production out of it and he really enjoys it.

Tonya
09-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Rest in Peace, Duke. I know you'll have lots of fun at rainbow bridge.

Cute things my pets do:

Dusty gets so excited to see me that he talks to me. He does this low howl like thing and he'll talk and talk.

Whenever Teddy and I are playing rough and I get the best of him, he swipes his back feet. That's his little way of saying he got the last word. lol.

Roxy is so tender and gentle all the time. I just love the way she lays down submissively whenever she sees a kitty, small dog, or small child.

Aspen and Misty
09-21-2003, 11:12 AM
Rest in Peace sweet Duke, your mommie loved you

::hugs:: to you, I'll be sending you a PM in a moment.

Things my dog does.

If you ask Nova, my pitt bull lab mix, what's wrong and if she is sad she will make this whimpering sound and go aroo roo roo, it's so funny and sweet.

If you sit on the floor my Foster pup breeze will come over and climb in your lap and fall asleep. It's so sweet.

Ash

primabella
09-21-2003, 12:15 PM
RIP sweet Duke. You are missed.

I love it when Mickey puts his head to one side when I speak to him in full sentences. it's like he's trying to understand me. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
09-21-2003, 12:23 PM
R.I.P sweet Duke. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge. You will be missed.

Cute things my pups do?! :)

When I'm laying on the couch, watcing t.v, Daisy will come up to me, and put her head in my lap. Then, I'll scoot over and she'll jump on the couch and just lay with me. :)

Molly is just a big goof-nut. :D After she's had a bath or a good brushing, she'll run around the whole house, find the "perfect spot" and roll on the carpeting and make growing, weird noises. It's soo cute. :D

RubyMutt
09-21-2003, 12:39 PM
:( I'm sorry to hear about your Duke. It sounds like you gave him a wonderful home, I'm sure he's waiting for and watching you at the RB. RIP sweet Duke

Sweet thing that my Ruby does...
I love everything that my Ruby girl does :) One thing that comes to mind is her kisses. No matter what she is doing, if I make "kissie sounds" she'll stop what she's doing, run over to me and cover me with kisses :)

tatsxxx11
09-21-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Duke's passsing. But what a beautiful way to honor your beloved Duke. You showed him what it meant to be truly loved, cherished and respected. Wait patiently for your loving Mommy at the RB sweet Duke, free from aches and pains and weariness, frolicking with all of our cherished RB pups and enjoying all of those peanut butter bones!

My Labbie Star never fails to make me laugh and smile! She always up to something and is always happy!! Some days she'll play bow in front of Cody for minutes on end to no avail, then suddenly, out of nowhere, she'll break into the "Sparky 500" and do about a dozen laps around the apple tree at break neck speed....vrrrrrrrom! She's almost perpendicular to the ground; she looks possessed!!:D

My Cody is my angel lamb:) She's so gentle and sweet and never whines or complains. She tolerates her sister's silly antics and even lets the kitties, Mr. B and Oliver sleep with her in her dog bed, right against her belly. When she needs some love and peace and quiet, she just rests her head on my leg, gives me her paw and looks up at me with her beautiful blue eyes. I love my girls!!

shais_mom
09-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Keegan likes to sleep under my chair when I am reading or on the computer.

RIP sweet Duke.
You will never be forgotten.

RobiLee
09-21-2003, 07:03 PM
Rest in Peace, angel Duke. You will be missed

Just having Katie makes me smile. It took us a long time to get another dog after our first dog passed on to rainbow bridge. I guess I would have to say that she makes me smile the most when she lays beside me and puts her head in my lap. The rest of the time she is making us laugh like crazy.

I'm sorry to hear about your sweet Duke. Just try to remember that he is in no pain now and is running around in beautiful green fields with all the other sweet angels.

Take Care.....Robin

Cinder & Smoke
09-21-2003, 07:05 PM
:(

{{{Hugs}}} to you, Joyce.

Safe Trip to the Bridge, Duke!
Say Hi to Lady, Casey, Arrow, and Shadow for me.

A smile? :) Twice a day at meal time...
First Cinder, then Smokey ~
Sit at their bowl, tails all a-twitch;
Then a beg and a shake;
Finally a big schlurrpie *KISS*
as I pour out the krunchies.

Rest In Peace, Dear Duke.

/s/ Phred

Cataholic
09-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Joycenalex, what a wonderfully loving tribute to dear sweet Duke. May he always know how loved he was here, and be ready to greet you at RB.

Hugs to you for being such a caring person.

Something Binx does that always makes me smile...as we walk, he spots the shrubs/hedges, and makes a bee-line to walk up into the shrub/hedge, letting it scratch him all over.

captain
09-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Joycenalex,

You have made us all remember the special things about our pups and pets with your loving tribute ......

Captain - he is just my boy, and I love everything about him : the way he sits with his bum on the top step, and his paws on the 2nd step; how he lies in the driveway waiting for us to come home; how he attacks his blanket and pillow when I get home (because THEY were inside and HE was not!); wiping his jowles on the carpet after he has eaten; and how he SULKS when I tell him off - by sitting with his back to me ....

Ruby - Monster sweetheart : her absolute wiggle butt when I come home, and how she follows me until I have put all bags down to pat her; does something bad and gets told off, but forgets about 2 seconds later; her "paw to the head" when she wants Captain to play; her love of toys!!! and her absolute LOVE of water .... she will detour to walk through a puddle.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Safe journey to the Rainbow Bridge sweetheart

Sudilar
09-21-2003, 09:35 PM
What a beautiful tribute! Rest in peace, dear sweet Duke. So glad you found true love in your senior years. Run free and be sure to meet up with Wolf, Avalanche, Gaylord, Pal, Blizzard and Bear.

What makes me smile about Killian? The way he looks at me with those big, bright, trusting, loving eyes (and the big slurpy kiss that comes right after the look).

Shiloh makes me smile when she gently hops on the bed to sleep at my feet, being extra careful not to step on me. Also, just her sheer joy at life!!! Always happy and ready to go!

cloverfdx
09-22-2003, 06:11 AM
god speed sweet duke

thankyou for letting duke live out his days in your loving home

RIP duke, have fun at the bridge

sweet things my mutts do

Clover, the way she rest her head on my lap for a cuddle and the way she moans and groans when i scratch her back, and the way she loves to cuddle all the humans from dog club/flyball.

Penny, her silly little antics the way she "smiles" when we come home, and the way she will go through her whole list of tricks to get her treat quicker.

and Mr Theodore, he has a real Zest for life and is sooo enthusiastic about learning new tricks and commands, and he loves to snuggle up in the humans beds and give ALOT of small kisses.

sweet dreams duke

Logan
09-22-2003, 07:39 AM
Joyce, thank you for sharing Duke with us. What a lucky boy he was to have you, and you were lucky to have him to enjoy as well. :) Rest in peace, dear Duke. We will all look forward to meeting you one day. :)

Special things:

Honey is the most gentle girl, basically shy, and she loves to roll over on her side and get scratches, first thing in the morning, but her happiest moments, the ones that make me smile the biggest, are when she sees her "girl", Helen, and that butt can wiggle faster than anything I've ever seen! :)

Lilly's precious moments are when she nudges my arm with her nose, just needing a little bit of attention. Or if I'm rubbing her and stop, then that paw is up, just tapping me to remind me to get going again! :)

Zipper gives the most gentle, special hugs. One can't fuss because he is so easy when he does it, only wanting to be close ot us. :)

And Murphy is the best dancer in the house! She is especially cute when she is trying to tell me she is hungry and she does her little "Labbie" dance, prancing from one foot to the other!!! :D

robinh
09-22-2003, 12:40 PM
What a wonderful tribute to your Duke. RIP sweet baby - say hello to my Peach and tell her I'll see her one day.

Cute things my dogs do:

They all meet me at the door at night with so much love and happiness that I feel a smile come to my face no matter what type of day I've had. I so look forward to having them be right there that I can't wait to go through the door.

joycenalex
09-26-2003, 06:13 AM
duke is coming home today, for forever. i had him creamated and his ashes are ready to be picked up. i'll do the same for alex when his time comes, then i'd want all 3 of us mixed together and sprinkled into lake michigan from my favorite beach.
thank you to all who responded, it made me smile to see so many happy dogs and humans, regards, joyce, alex the wonder dog, and angel duke

Sudilar
09-26-2003, 09:06 AM
{{{HUGS}}}