PDA

View Full Version : frustrated..

sandragonfly
09-21-2003, 04:43 AM
help!

This is my second cat, Zephyra Chaka... I'm asking you folks what kind of breed(s) is she? She have met three vets, couple peeps and they have told me what they thought..but all were different! just because she has an unique eyes.

so I would like to see more breed answers from you -- maybe I finally find a true answer...dunno. thanks!

ps: let me know if the picture's too small to see.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-21-2003, 06:07 AM
I haven't got a clue, but she is lovely! VERY unusual exotic looking eyes. Do you have any information on her "family" or was she a rescue?

sandragonfly
09-21-2003, 08:10 PM
thank you.

um, her previous owner was going to put her into humane society but found me to take care of her. yeah..I should go back to my father and ask for her previous's number again to see if I can find out. I think she had three other siblings or something. thanks for a thought!

but other of you guys, help still! :)

L. Wayne
09-22-2003, 07:40 AM
Gina, does the cat have a different type of personality than the others? My Midnight does have a different type of personality than the other domestic short hairs that I currently have. In fact your cat reminds me of him. Midnight has a small white patch on his throat, but other than that he is jet black. He also reminds me of a Siamese type of personality, but whether he has any Siamese in him or not is moot.

......wayne

sandragonfly
09-23-2003, 01:18 AM
.....wayne: oh yea, different...v e r y unique personality! I don't call her "my cat"...not at all. but is that because she might be part of siamese? most people think she has some siamese in her because she is SO small, never grow and stop getting bigger when she became 4 1/2 months old. doesn't siamese eat a lot?

btw, Zephyra Chaka's last name is O'Midnighkt! :D

L. Wayne
09-23-2003, 06:22 AM
Gina. No, a Siamese does not eat more than any other cat and the cat being small does not necessarily indicate another breed. I have a part Aby, who is small. I have one Siamese, Tiger, who is not a pureblood, but her personality is more Siamese than many Siamese! :) She is a loyal pet, but is not a lap kitty. My Midnight has a different personality because of his antics and loving requirements. He is a lap kitty. When exploring, his habit reminds me of a racoon, because of his bobbing head. I currently have no other cat who does this. I am beginning to learn about the personalities of other breeds of cats. A Siamese is different than, say a DSH tabby or a Turkish Angora ( which I got from our local shelter). I went throught the CFA's web site and looked for a cat description who fits Midnight's, but didn't find any. In a way he reminds me of a Havana Brown.

.........wayne

Randy_K
09-28-2003, 12:37 PM
While each breed has a distinctive personality there's a lot of variation within that profile. I have Abys and they tend to adhere to what people expect of them although one is happy and cuddly all the time and another can be really cranky and difficult when he wants to be. You can't pigeon-hole them too tightly.

The more active breeds (or just plain active cats) may eat more than a sedentary cat just because they are burning off more energy and need the extra food. Abys eat a lot but stay slender (until they get older) because they are *really* active.