PDA

View Full Version : Madam is offended...

bisi.cat
09-21-2003, 03:10 AM
It always amazes me how easily you can offend a cat's feelings and how they react then...they pout, walk away or don't talk with us then...it's so funny!!! They are real characters!!!And the little games they play with us are so cunning...

Yesterday I had to take care of our neighbor's dog while he was away for the day...unfortunately Nellie and Fina (the dog) hate each other...when I decided to take Fina out for a walk my husband had to look after Nellie, because otherwise she would try to follow and the hissing and barking would start ("Let the games begin!"-"Oh NO!")

But Nellie watched me with her unique grumpy face and when I returned after the walk with Fina there was no Nellie to be seen...I searched in all her favourite spots...still no Nellie...some hours later (while I was through different stages of worry) she suddenly showed up again with that mean grin on her face:"Lesson learned, human?!"

How do your cats respond when they don't get their way or they are feeling offended?!

Kirsten
09-21-2003, 04:36 AM
Ahhh, you have definitely hurt Nellie's feelings, and she knows very well how to punish you! LOL She's such a character! :)

When Luna is offended by something, she just turns around and walks away, while Lily runs around and complains, and then runs to Luna for comfort. But they're not of the unforgiving kind, both of them... After a couple of minutes, everything's okay! :)

Kirsten

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-21-2003, 05:43 AM
Ally will sit in the same room as me, very upright and still, and keep her back turned towards me. If I call she gives me a real "drop dead" look and turns slowly away.....(I think she may have learned it from my teenagers - BAD influence!!!)

If I am in the kitchen (which is HER room) and I annoy her she will wait until I am carrying something (laundry basket ot tray etc) and bite my feet and ankles really hard! OUCH:eek:

jazzcat
09-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Poor Nellie, how dare you give your time to that dog creature, lol!

Ripley is the one that gets really offended around here. He will go to the back of the house and cry very loudly until you come and apologize to him. He's done this for all of his 11 1/2 years. Old age hasn't even mellowed his ability to be offended and cry about it.

Tonya
09-21-2003, 12:32 PM
They get airplane ears and they won't speak to me. When I go on vacation, I leave them at home and my brother stays here. They won't speak to me for days when I get back. lol.

Killearn Kitties
09-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Aaaw poor Nellie! How could you spend time with that dog!

Samantha is the only one of our cats who gets offended and only when we go on holiday. When we come back, she makes a huge fuss of us, purring, rubbing, snuggling and chatting for about half an hour. Then she doesn't speak ot us - totally ignores us at least until the next day (it used to be two days).

My Mum's cat is absolutely hilarious. He has a real temper. He doesn't get out at night, but a couple of weeks ago he wanted out after midnight. My Mum was reading in bed and just ignoring him. Suddenly he snapped. He stormed up the stairs (all 9 kilos of him), flung open the door so that it came right back and hit the bedside cabinet, and shouted MEEEEEOOOW at the top of his voice! Oh was he mad.

I don't think she could sleep for laughing, but quietly, so he didn't hear.

Cataholic
09-21-2003, 01:34 PM
It is easy to see that Nellie was offended!

Tex will do that sit with his back to me thing, and ignore me.

bisi.cat
09-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Yes, she's quite a character, but it's good to know that there are a lot more cats with cattitude here, who have taken over the house...

Sometimes she's so offended and grumpy, we have to laugh out loud, which obviously is a great mistake, because then she's even more grumpy!!!

A friend of mine has told me that they've once visited a colleague, who also had a cat...while they were having dinner the cat sneaked around the table and then you've suddenly heard the cat f-a-r-t...our friend started laughing at the cat, who was so offended and embarrassed that she walked away tail up high and wasn't seen anymore on that night...up to this day our friend says that he never ever saw someone looking so grumpy like this cat...

krazyaboutkatz
09-21-2003, 04:07 PM
I've never really noticed my cats getting really grumpy or upset with me. There was one time though, when I first adopted Cirrus, Sunny was terrified of him and very mad at me. He would sit up in the highest perch of the cat tree and he wouldn't come down for me. He just ignored me.

When AmberLee came over to see Cirrus for the first time, Sunny came down from the cat tree and came running over to her. I told her that I was surprised that he did this because he was ignoring me. She said "Well I didn't bring a new cat into your house." I then realized what was going on. Luckily this didn't last too long because now Sunny and Cirrus are buddies. :)

Randy_K
09-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Mango is an odd one. He's always happy. No cranky days, no pouting, no retribution. I've seen him mad only once when Peaches jumped him while he was grooming and he banged his head on the wall. He was furious with Peaches.

He was genuinely concerned when Peaches fell behind the refrigerator recently (they were wrestling on top) and we had to pull the fridge out to set her free. Mango touched noses with her and started grooming her to get the lint off of her. He was her constant companion that evening.

Barbara
09-23-2003, 12:47 PM
I too have to add that my cats aren't offended. Not when we come home after a holiday and not in other cases.:)

But nevertheless they know how to turn us into slaves!

tuxluvr
09-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Ahhh, you have definitely hurt Nellie's feelings, and she knows very well how to punish you! LOL She's such a character! :)

When Luna is offended by something, she just turns around and walks away, Kirsten

Ritzy does this too...we always think she is saying "talk to the butt, cuz the cat's not listening"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Ritzy does this too...we always thing she is saying "talk to the butt, cuz the cat's not listening"

:D :D :D

Randy_K
09-23-2003, 11:00 PM
Abys are too selfish to snub anyone. They want *all* the attention all the time.

Where Bubbles (a grey & white Tabby) will zip by as you reach to touch her, Mango or Peaches will stop and arch their backs to make it easier to pet them.