PDA

View Full Version : Favorite kind of pizza?

wolf_Q
09-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Since we have a thread about your favorite meal...and many people mentioned pizza...I figured this wonderful food could have a thread of it's own. :D

So, what is your favorite kind of pizza?

I prefer fewer toppings vs. many. The only toppings I will eat are canadian bacon, sausage, pepperoni, olives, and mushrooms. Pineapple is the worst topping!! *gags* I like having about 2-3 of my chosen topping list at a time...Usually it's sausage and pepperoni, or canadian bacon (sometimes ham is used instead). I normally go for a the regular hand-tossed crust. Sometimes deep dish is good too. I don't think I've ever ordered a thin crust.

My favorite places to get pizza are Little Ceasars and Pizza Hut. We order from Littler Ceasars about 90% of the time because it's close and you can get the large for $5. Of course you can't forget the cheese bread! :D

When we were in Ohio we ordered our usual large 1-topping with canadian bacon and cheese bread...they put actual crumbled bacon on it and the cheese bread tasted completely different. :confused: So I guess they make it differently at other locations.

Wow that was awful long rambling about pizza there....maybe I like pizza *too* much. ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-21-2003, 12:17 AM
I like just plain cheese, from anywhere, EXCEPT Rocky Rococo's. I HATE their pizza, I mean, I'll eat it, if I absolutely HAVE to, but it's icky.

I like pizza from Pizza Hut, Dominoe's is DELISH! (With Dominoe's Dots... yum!) and I like Angelo's and Sam's... the people with the thin crust and cut into tiny squares? That's cool.

I HATE sausage, pepperoni is good, canadian bacon is good... Pineapple, not sure, Anne likes it, I'm wondering if I should try it. Anything else, be it onions, olives, peppers, ANYTHING makes me sick.

I like stuffed crust, deep dish, thin crust is okay, but I prefer thick, hand-tossed stuff.

I blab too much.

Nomilynn
09-21-2003, 12:41 AM
MMMMMM.... PIZZA

I like mine with ham (which I think is the same thing as Canadian bacon in the states), olives, mushrooms (sorry Zip - I don't care if they squeak at me!! :eek: ), onion and sometimes green pepper. I like LOTS of mozza.. VERY cheesy is best! :) I also HATE lots of sauce. I actually prefer the taste if it's almost like all the sauce has been scraped off and it's kind of soaked into the crust (which needs to be thick!). I think sauce drowns out the taste of the cheese!! :p :D

I don't really have a favourite place to order from, except that I will NOT eat from Dominoes. It's just gross - too much sauce and I've had uncooked crust from there *GAG*!!! :eek:

Kater
09-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Papa John's meatless & cheeseless with LOADS OF VEGGIES!!! But hold the pineapple please, I'll save it for dessert! :p

zippy-kat
09-21-2003, 12:45 AM
I like Italian Crust Cheese pizza--the cheesier the better!

I'll also eat canadian bacon, hamburger, and/or black olives.

Finally! another person who doesn't like sauce on their pizza! I thought I was the only one, Nom. But sorry, dear, NO MUSHROOMS! ew!! :eek:

zippy-kat
09-21-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Kater
Papa John's meatless & cheeseless with LOADS OF VEGGIES!!! But hold the pineapple please, I'll save it for dessert! :p

Oh... Papa John's is my favoooorritteee! I LOOOVE their cheese sauce! yummy!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-21-2003, 12:51 AM
Thin crust Peperoni and pineapple with double topping! (and some green chilies)

Or Bacon, green peppers, olives and chillies, with garlic sauce and extra cheese (also thin crust)

(Hehehe you can see whay I am in the PT Diet Buddies group - I just love all the wrong foods!!!)

KYS
09-21-2003, 12:51 AM
My favorite is a mushroom Pizza.
My husband likes
meat and sausage on his Pizza.

The best pizza I tasted was up in Mamoth
Ca.

wolf_Q
09-21-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Oh... Papa John's is my favoooorritteee! I LOOOVE their cheese sauce! yummy!

OoOo I forgot about Papa John's. They *are* yummy, but very rich! I like the sauces they give to you. That's what pisses me off about Little Ceasars, you have to pay extra to get sauce with their bread. :rolleyes:

tomkatzid
09-21-2003, 01:07 AM
Papa Murphys white sauce chicken, bacon and garlic.

Kfamr
09-21-2003, 01:10 AM
We order from Good Guys or something like that.

Pepperoni, extra cheese, black olives.

I *Hate* lots of things like green pepers, onions, mushrooms, sausage. But, I'll eat it if that's what my parents want.

The ones that I enjoy other than pepperoni,cheese,and olives are ham and bacon.

wolf_Q
09-21-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
Papa Murphys white sauce chicken, bacon and garlic.

Oohh is that like their Chicken Alfredo pizza? I ordered that once and it was soooo yummy! *drools*

tikeyas_mom
09-21-2003, 03:55 AM
mine will always be peperoni pizza with extra cheese!!

Cincy'sMom
09-21-2003, 06:35 AM
I like just about anything on pizza (never had anchovies).

Our "usual" is Pepperoni, Black Olive, and onion, but I like Hawaiian (Yes, pinapple!, Ham, Bacon); Various Chicken pizza, Spinach, just about any weird combo :) Even Peanut Butter and Jelly from East of Chicago.

My favorites pizza are local, Gino's Cozy Inn and Jo Jo's. Chain stores I prefer Papa John's or Pizza Hut and East of Chicago.

neko1
09-21-2003, 07:08 AM
I usually just eat plain pizza cause my favorite I can only find at one place...It's tortellini pizza at Frank's. yummm so good!

I like Pizza Hut pizza and I hate Domino's.

Cookiebaker
09-21-2003, 07:31 AM
I hated loaded pizza. I like either plain cheese pizza, or meatballs & onions. I also like ham & Pineapple.

I really dislike peppers and mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage or anything like that on pizza. Just plain, please! ;)

Pam
09-21-2003, 07:38 AM
We usually get mushrooms and pepperoni on ours. Actually I like most toppings except for anchovies! GAG! :eek:

RubyMutt
09-21-2003, 11:34 AM
GARLIC CHICKEN

mmmmmm *drools*

anna_66
09-21-2003, 11:43 AM
My favorite is the P'zone from Pizza Hut, just pepperoni & chesse. I like it because it doesn't have any sauce on it:) Glad to see there's a couple others who don't care for sauce either!

Miss Meow
09-21-2003, 04:26 PM
My fave home made pizza is tomato sauce, cheese, smoked salmon, red onion and goats' cheese on top. Yummmm :)

My fave bought pizza is double tomato sauce, cheese, olives and pineapple. Sounds weird but tastes good!

HoRsELUvR
09-21-2003, 07:35 PM
I like Pizza Hut mostly,and Dominos and Hungry Howie's are good too.im not too picky about toppings as long as its not something nasty*cough*olives *cough*.Not to offend the people who like olives,as i know there are many.I dont really like pizzas with an abnormal amount of cheese,like four cheese pizza.

Uabassoon
09-21-2003, 07:38 PM
I don't like pizza from the larger chains like Pizza Hut and Pappa Johns, I think it tastes nasty. Here in Tucson my two favorite places are Brooklyn pizza and Magpies. My favorite topping is feta cheese, yummm.

Blustang24
09-21-2003, 09:06 PM
I like Pizza Hut's (sometimes its too greasy though), Domino's, and Papa Johns. I usually only like at the most cheese, pepperoni, green peppers, olives, and onion. But I usually end up with just cheese or just pepperoni. :) I like the one KayAnn is talking about it....pssst...Wise Guys... :) Also, it's not so much a ma & pa place as it use to be, but there is still only one location down here it's called San's...yumm! :)

wolfsoul
09-21-2003, 09:15 PM
Cheese, with extra cheese! ANY pizza place, they're all the same to me!

RazzandKitty
09-21-2003, 09:19 PM
i love the little hole in the wall pizza joints, they have the best home made pizza ever:p

kingrattus
09-21-2003, 10:32 PM
cheese cheese cheese & more cheese. also love mushrooms & baccon, no meats, they make me sicky

carole
09-21-2003, 10:41 PM
I prefer to make my own, just a basic pizza, tomato paste, onions, colby cheese, ham, and pineapple. yummie.

Crikit
09-21-2003, 11:30 PM
mmmmmmmmmm Pizza. It's da bomb.

The kind of pizza I like all depends on where I'm getting it from. If we get pizza from Kraruzzo's which is this little restuarant down the street from us it has to be bacon and mushroom. Any other place I usually go for pep and mushroom or just plan pep. It doesn't really matter where that comes from but usually it ends up being pizza hut of little ceasers.

TheAntiPam
09-21-2003, 11:44 PM
ok - get the cats out of the room before you read this:

Tuna Pizza! I used to get it at a pizza place near my college. They delivered to the dorm :cool: I couldn't have graduated without them!

Tuna pizza is really almost a flat tuna melt sandwich, so don't get too grossed out. It has all the same ingredients, just in a different shape! You can make a tasty version at home by getting your favorite frozen cheese pizza, and put the (drained) tuna on top before baking. Put on some extra cheese too, and what ever other tasty bits you like. (make mine mushrooms!)

Of course, save the tuna water/juice for the kittes!!!!!!:D

K9karen
09-21-2003, 11:56 PM
My fave is thin crust w/sauce, cheese, pepperoni and spinach. Sometimes with black olives (I know I said I hated olives but I'll only eat them on pizza) and for a change, mushrooms...all made at a local, Glenside, place called Rizzos..Hey Pam! Ya know Rizzos???

NoahsMommy
09-22-2003, 12:27 AM
Gosh...after seeing this thread title a bunch of times, I'm craving pizza so badly!!!

#1 California Pizza Kitchen's Portabella Mushroom add chicken

#2 Pineapple & Bacon from anywhere

#3 Mushroom and extra cheese

YUMMY!!!

popcornbird
09-22-2003, 02:27 AM
In restaurant pizzas..........my favorite is Round Table Pizza, because they're the only ones that cook it PROPERLY! Pizza Hut's tastes REALLY good, and its cooked well when we eat there, but if we order it home to be delivered, the crust is always too soft and not baked enough, so we end up rebaking it at home before eating it. My favorite type of restaurant pizza is pan pizza with MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS MUSHROOMS! I LOVE MUSHROOMS!!!!!!!! MMMMMM :D I also love pan pizza with plain cheese, or with olives. We never order pizza with meat from restaurants because we can't eat it *since our meat has to be from an animal slaughtered in a way similar to kosher*.

Now, when it comes to my mom's homemade pizza, we can toss Pizza Hut's, Domino's, Round Table's, and all other restaurant pizzas aside! :p I LOVE LOVE LOVE my mom's homemade pizza! EVERYONE that comes to our house and tries my mom's pizza goes insane over it. :D

Yes Cataholic, that's the pizza you were eating in my dream :p

Anyway, in my mom's homemade pizza, my favorite is plain cheese, or with olives and mushrooms topped with lots of crushed red pepper. I love making my food hot and spicey! :p

CathyBogart
09-22-2003, 03:28 AM
Pizza Guys' Garlic & Artichoke heart pizza!!! *drool*

Dakota's Mommy
09-22-2003, 09:04 AM
For me, it completely depends on the mood I'm in! When it's East of Chicago Pizza, I love their Taco Pizza, ummmm. I've really been craving this with the pregnancy (and they don't have it in Texas, arg)! When it was Marco's, I loved their Veggie Supreme combination. That's really good too. Other than those favorites, I also just love Papa John's and Pizza Huts but it depends on my mood as to what toppings I want. Usually it's at least got mushrooms and/or black olives with it though!

cloverfdx
09-22-2003, 09:45 AM
as i dont actually like pizza i dont have it often *gags*

BUT if i am desperate, say in a strange town (the ACT ;) ) and cannot be bothed leaving the motel i will eat hawiian pizza (pinapple n ham) but thin crust only and NEVER from pizza hut *ack*

all this pizza talk has made me feel sick lol

jenluckenbach
09-22-2003, 09:59 AM
deep dish, extra sause, light on the cheese, green peppers and black olives..............that is what I order. I also like pepperoni but usually stay away from it, too fatty.

slick
09-22-2003, 11:23 AM
It's gotta be deep dish with absolutely everything on it except anchovies. Love the oooey gooooey cheese.

Christiansmommy
09-22-2003, 11:41 AM
MMMMM, i am hungry now :) I really love pizza hut, even though it is a chain...i love the deep dish every now and then. The best pizza is on the board walk in Ocean City, NJ...called Mac and Mancos...YUMMY!! They always have huge lines, b/c everyone loves their pizza. I like plain best, and i also like tomato slices on top...mmm.

Ever have a panzarotti??...they are even better than pizza...b/c they are fried :) It is kinda like a pizza turnover...all the goodies are wrapped inside the dough and then deep fried :) The dough gets nice and crispy.

Pam
09-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by K9karen
Rizzos..Hey Pam! Ya know Rizzos???

Yep I know Rizzos! :D Is Luigi's still there? That was another good one. Hubby LOVED their steak sandwiches! :D