PDA

View Full Version : Lut and C & K

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-20-2003, 09:34 PM
I met three people from Belgium today! We were at a Corvette event and we met three people from the Belgium Corvette Club! They said they had a group of 45 people that came over for this event, then on to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY, then on to Florida for some vacationing. Since Corvettes are rather rare over there, they were really excited to see so many Corvettes in one place. It was really nice talking to them and they really seemed to be having a great time. They will be in the US for about 2 weeks before heading back home.

Is there a city called Bekkevoort in Belgium? One of the guys gave me his business card. I'm not sure what part is the street number and what is the city....

Just thought I'd let you know I met some of your fellow countrymen. I know it's weird, but I felt like I had some sort of connection with them because I know you two. :D

I was so excited to be talking to them that I completely forgot to take a pic - drat!

Former User
09-21-2003, 02:46 AM
Wow, how neat is that Debbie! They came from all the way here to Us for the event :eek:

Bekkevoort is indeed a little village here in Belgium, there lives about 5 700 people :)

09-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Wow, how neat!! Aren't Belgians just super, Debbie :) ;) :)

Cataholic
09-21-2003, 08:09 AM
Who would have thought that Belgians would be car-crazy, too? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Who would have thought that Belgians would be car-crazy, too? :D

Actually, we meet people from all over the world at these events. In just our group alone we have people from England, Austria and a couple from Spain last year were on their honeymoon during our annual event (not that same as the one we were at yesterday). It's always interesting and I love meeting them because they are really Corvette crazy. And they can't get their hands on all the Corvette paraphenalia (sp?) as easily as we can over here, so they just love coming in, seeing all the Corvettes in one place, seeing the National Corvette Museum and really have a Corvette vacation. They are all just so enthusiastic that it's hard not to enjoy meeting them. :D

And yes, Lut, they were super! We met them because they were taking a picture of my car! I was so flattered that someone would want a picture of my car that I said something to them, and that's how we started talking.

Thanks Niina, for letting me know that I picked the right word for the city. And 5,700 people is a small, small town here. I bet it's a beautiful small historic village over there. I'd love to be able to see it myself someday. :D